Question about using TVDB scraping and metadata within an Addon
Hi,
I'm currently developing an addon which accesses a video library from a local television station website. Although I now have it functional, I would like to include more metadata on each tv show, episode, etc. similar to how the native downloaded videos are displayed with this information. Is it possible to, from within an addon, scrape information from TheTVDB service similar, and to display items like in the video library?

I can see that a lot of the features that are present in the video listings like viewing episode metadata, cast information, sort by criteria and the like is not available by default in the addon listings, is there some command or combination I need to use to enable it. I noticed that using setContent enables the media info views but that's about all I have found.

What has everyone else done for their addons, or is this more of a problem with XBMC not providing the capability to do so?

Thanks,
Adam
Script. Module. Metahandlers in the official library will handle both TV shows and movies. It's well documented in the code
Which code should I be looking at, could you provide a link to the source or documentation? I'm not sure how to use them from within an addon.
Sorry don't have any documentation written up

The main module to call is get_meta() which will fetch either movies or tv shows

I can answer any questions you have

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about using TVDB scraping and metadata within an Addon0