How to control Airplay speakers from within XBMC?
Hi

Is it some how possible to control which Airplay speakers I want to stream the music to, from within the XBMC interface?

Like in Itunes where I can see the different speakers and control the volume!
Nope
The workaround that you can consider is using something like applescript to change the output airplay speakers of the mac and therefore xbmc. This can be triggered by you using a remote. It depends how you have setup your mac in terms of ease of use.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thank you guys!

We need a Airplay plugin!!!
It cannot be that complicated to make.
(2013-07-05, 08:15)dabk Wrote: Thank you guys!

Could the parents pay some attention of what their kid posts into a serious forum please? Thx ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-07-05, 14:58)Memphiz Wrote:
(2013-07-05, 08:15)dabk Wrote: Thank you guys!

Could the parents pay some attention of what their kid posts into a serious forum please? Thx ...
Well, maybe a serious attitude to the whole point of a media center should be a requirement to be a part of a media center community!
Quote:It cannot be that complicated to make.

Guess what? It is complicated!

Unless you actually know what you're talking about, saying "it can't be hard" to the people who actually do the work, is just going to piss them off. It's considered very bad manners.
(2013-07-05, 17:15)Ned Scott Wrote:
Quote:It cannot be that complicated to make.

Guess what? It is complicated!

Unless you actually know what you're talking about, saying "it can't be hard" to the people who actually do the work, is just going to piss them off. It's considered very bad manners.
Well in that case I do apologize!
There can be many reasons related to a feature has not been implemented. I do not know the api of xbmc, but do know programming, just not pyton despite it should be easy to learn.
But... integrating a feature like choosing which speakers to output to does not seem to be a impossible task - maybe I'm wrong!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to control Airplay speakers from within XBMC?0