XBMC keeps restarting when I use skin other than confluence
I have tried everything imaginable to get other skins to work on my ATV 2 XBMC. But everytime I switch to a skin other than confluence, it crashes and restarts. these are the things i have done already: I created the custom .xml file that limits the size of all fanart, especially the 1920x1020 backdrops for my all my media files, the thumbnail sizes, I followed the tutorial where I could clear my thumbnail cache, and I even have tried re-installing xbmc to get it to work, to no avail. I am running FRODO 12.2, the skins I have tried using are Ace and Aeon Nox. I really need help, cause Im stuck. when I switch back to confluence, it works fine, but Confluence is boring as hell!!! I have been an experienced jailbreaker for years, so thats whats so frustrating, because this little problem is something I feel I should have tackled by now. If anyone can help I would gladly appreciate....
Maybe try some lighter skins?

Nbox
reFocus
Bello
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2013-07-06, 08:22)MassIV Wrote: Maybe try some lighter skins?

Nbox
reFocus
Bello

Because I don't like those, no diss, but if I followed everything correctly with setting up XBMC, I should be able to use any skin, including the one im trying to use. It should keep cutting off on me, there must be something that I can adjust or fix in order for me to be able to use the skin that I want to use?
(2013-07-06, 17:35)ellisos Wrote:

Nbox
reFocus
Bello

Because I don't like those, no diss, but if I followed everything correctly with setting up XBMC, I should be able to use any skin, including the one im trying to use. It should keep cutting off on me, there must be something that I can adjust or fix in order for me to be able to use the skin that I want to use?
ellisos,

Not sure why you can't get Ace to work as it is about the same size as my skin (about 19-20M), but Aeon Nox is 80M before it even fires up. When I run my skin on my AppleTV I have just a little bit over 100M free, so if Aeon is using memory as efficiently as my skin (which I don't think is the case) you are down to about 20M free. Add to that a large library and I could see why Aeon Nox is not able to run.

What you need to do is to enable FULL debug logging and post a debug log of these skins running on your AppleTV so that we can see where things are failing and suggest a solution.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2013-07-06, 18:34)wyrm Wrote:
(2013-07-06, 17:35)ellisos Wrote:

Nbox
reFocus
Bello

ellisos,

Not sure why you can't get Ace to work as it is about the same size as my skin (about 19-20M), but Aeon Nox is 80M before it even fires up. When I run my skin on my AppleTV I have just a little bit over 100M free, so if Aeon is using memory as efficiently as my skin (which I don't think is the case) you are down to about 20M free. Add to that a large library and I could see why Aeon Nox is not able to run.

What you need to do is to enable FULL debug logging and post a debug log of these skins running on your AppleTV so that we can see where things are failing and suggest a solution.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Oh ok, now I could possibly get somewhere. Now once I enabled the debug logging, how do I get the actual report? Cause I enabled it once before after I had problems, and I didnt know how to access the actual report so that I could post it. Also, that begs another question: are those older reports still somewhere in xbmc or my computer? since I did those while activated the Aeon Nox sckin before, couldnt i just post those old reports so you can see whats going on?

Lastly, my library does consists of 235 movies, 6 Different TV shows, do you think that might cause a problem as well? and how can I remedy it? Thank you for your responses thus far.
xbmc.log file location: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log...d#Location

A new log file is generated every time you start the XBMC application. The previous log file is renamed to xbmc.old.log.
(2013-07-06, 20:37)ellisos Wrote:
(2013-07-06, 18:34)wyrm Wrote:
(2013-07-06, 17:35)ellisos Wrote: Because I don't like those, no diss, but if I followed everything correctly with setting up XBMC, I should be able to use any skin, including the one im trying to use. It should keep cutting off on me, there must be something that I can adjust or fix in order for me to be able to use the skin that I want to use?
ellisos,

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Oh ok, now I could possibly get somewhere. Now once I enabled the debug logging, how do I get the actual report? Cause I enabled it once before after I had problems, and I didnt know how to access the actual report so that I could post it. Also, that begs another question: are those older reports still somewhere in xbmc or my computer? since I did those while activated the Aeon Nox sckin before, couldnt i just post those old reports so you can see whats going on?

Lastly, my library does consists of 235 movies, 6 Different TV shows, do you think that might cause a problem as well? and how can I remedy it? Thank you for your responses thus far.

Ok, I found my XBMC log file and downloaded it to my desktop, I took a look at it in Text editor on my Mac, and it seems very long. do I just copy and paste it here in the thread response to you, or do I upload it some other way? [/quote]

(2013-07-06, 20:43)artrafael Wrote: xbmc.log file location: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log...d#Location

A new log file is generated every time you start the XBMC application. The previous log file is renamed to xbmc.old.log.

Ok, I found my XBMC log file and downloaded it to my desktop, I took a look at it in Text editor on my Mac, and it seems very long. do I just copy and paste it here in the thread response to you, or do I upload it some other way?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC keeps restarting when I use skin other than confluence0