can't access settings menu
Using Neon skin

like an idiot i deleted the settings from homepage.

How do I access them?

thanks
Press S on the keyboard.
-stoli-
That doesn't seem to work. Pressing S brings up the follow up:

However, the options are
Exit
Power Off System
Custom Shut Down Timer
Suspend
Reboot
System Info

I still can not access the settings menu.

Thanks
And this is why you should create a new thread after 2 years: the solution worked in XBMC 11 "Eden", but the S key opens the shutdown menu since XBMC 12.x, not the settings window.

To disable turning off the settings window in XBMC 13.x ("Gotham"), you will have to edit the file guisettings.xml in your Userdata (wiki) folder.

find the line containing
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.neon.HomeMenuNoSettingsButton">true</setting>
and change to
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.neon.HomeMenuNoSettingsButton">false</setting>
Sorry to bring this up but I am having the same problem. What I would like is to not have the 'settings' appear as an option on the homescreen but rather only be accessible by pressing the 'S' key - which is what it was like. I have recently updated to Gotham 13.2 and I had the same problem as the op. Because I had switched it off in Appearance - Skin - Settings - Home Window - Hide Main Menu Item - Settings there was no way that I could access it again.

My guisettings was already set to false and I assume that just restored it to the Main Menu rather than making it accessible via the 'S' key. Is there any chance of putting it back onto the 'S' key or is there something that I could change in an XML file to do that?

Many thanks again for keeping the skin going and great to see that it is now in the skin repository.
You could override the keyboard actions in XBMC with a custom keyboard.xml (wiki) to have S on the homescreen jump directly to the settings as it did in the past.

You would have to put something like this in it:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <s>ActivateWindow(settings)</s>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
(2014-06-12, 00:43)Kib Wrote: And this is why you should create a new thread after 2 years: the solution worked in XBMC 11 "Eden", but the S key opens the shutdown menu since XBMC 12.x, not the settings window.

To disable turning off the settings window in XBMC 13.x ("Gotham"), you will have to edit the file guisettings.xml in your Userdata (wiki) folder.

find the line containing
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.neon.HomeMenuNoSettingsButton">true</setting>
and change to
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.neon.HomeMenuNoSettingsButton">false</setting>

Followed your instructions and got my Setting back fine.
Only thing I'm after pressing the S key for Settings and do not know what you mean by Keayboard.mxl?
Where do I enter this code etc ?
Thankyou for taking the time tohelp

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't access settings menu0