Fan art not selectable in EMM
Hi
Have just started using EMM and having a problem with fanart, although it scrapes the art fine, I then cant select it to use it, as the 'OK' button is greyed out in the 'Select Fanart' panel .

The error log also has the following error:

Title: Error
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace: at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.btnSetFanartDL_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Date/Time: 04/07/2013 14:37:36

I'm not sure if the two are linked. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
I'm not exactly sure about 1.3.13.1 in terms of not being able to click ok on this dialog, but 1.4 still spits the error you copy/pasted from the error log when you hit cancel on manually specifying the URL of the fanart image.

I've submitted a pull request against 1.4 to fix the "Object reference not set..." error.

In 1.4 the dialog that you show above has a horizontal radio button group to the left of the OK button.

The radio button group allows you select which resolution of the fanart you desire.

In 1.4 you are required to select one of the radio buttons in order to click Ok.

Thanks for the report,
Bill
More by blind luck than anything else, I realised I needed to double click on the fan art which in turn, turns the background for the selected image blue,(rather than just selecting the checkbox to the side of the image you want), this then enables the OK button..apologies for being stupid..I am just getting to grips with this EMM gui :-(

Although now I've sorted my media, I am now having a problem with configuring xmbc, but I'll post on that in the appropriate forum
In your case (just one fanart found) its indead a little strange. But if the scraper finds more fanart pictures then the handling is more logical:
The checkbox below a fanart says "Use this fanart as extrafanart". You can check the boxes of multiple pictures and they will be stored in a subfolder below the movie folder. These pictures will be used by certain skins to display them as slideshow.

But THE fanart of the movie, the one that is stored next to the movie file, is selected by clicking on it and turning it blue.

So in the end you CAN have a lot of images with selected checkboxes (extrafanart) and you MUST have one image with blue border (selected by clicking on it) to indicate which image should ember use as main fanart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fan art not selectable in EMM0