HD audio questions?
Trying to find out exactly how Frodo handles HD audio. In a video using HD audio will the audio track be ignored completely? Does it get domnmixed to 5.1? I've found quite a few posts showing that passthru isn't supported but couldn't find anything about the best setup for videos that only have an HD audio track.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
It will be down-mixed/converted/etc. Mac OS X simply just doesn't support passing through a raw HD audio signal, if I understand correctly.
I guess I'm not phrasing my question well. I have a few videos that only have an HD audio track. Don't remember why I muxed them this way since my avr setup is 5.1Huh?

Anyway, I'm wondering if xbmc can be setup to output an HD audio track as 5.1 or if I need to remux the videos with a different audio track?

The Mac mini will be connected to the avr via hdmi (preferred) or hdmi and optical. AVR connected to TV via hdmi.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I'm not sure for TrueHD, but DTS HD does not require any special set up to work on Mac OS X and output a 5.1 signal as normal DTS. No remuxing required.
(2013-07-07, 17:46)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not sure for TrueHD, but DTS HD does not require any special set up to work on Mac OS X and output a 5.1 signal as normal DTS. No remuxing required.

Does it work with hdmi or will I need to use an optical cable?
Works with HDMI. HDMI is actually more robust for audio signals than optical/coax.
Thanks. Most of my movies that have HD audio also have a 5.1 track but I know there are a few that don't. This will save me the trouble of trying to find them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD audio questions?0