Android Can't add "Movies" folder to XBMC on Ouya
Hi,

I'm having a minor issue setting up XBMC on my Ouya. I was able to add my "TV Shows" library from my Mac Pro to XBMC using NFS. However, when I try to add my "Movies" folder, nothing happens. It flashed "Working" for a couple of seconds one time that I tried to add it, but all other times I haven't seen anything happen.

I'm able to add other folders (other than "Movies") via NFS without issue. I checked my permissions to ensure "Movies" is set to share, and it is. Actually, I've added it via my Apple TV2 downstairs without an issue. I also double checked to ensure my movies still play via the Apple TV2 and they do.

Both "TV Shows" and "Movies" are in the same directory (Users/user) on the same hard drive. They are also similarly large (in the 140 gb range).

My setup
Media is on a Mac Pro running OS X 10.7.5, with 10 GB ram. Using an AppleTV 2 with XBMC to access these movies (over wi-fi) in another room. Ouya is on the same wi-fi network in the same room as the Mac Pro.

I'm using this build suggested through the Wiki:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

But I also tried this build previously with the same result:
xbmc-12.2-Frodo-armeabi-v7a.apk
This is the main stable 12.2 Frodo release on the XBMC.org/download page.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Dave
You can see the folder? You set content to movies? Folder structure is xbmc-proof?
kees667,
Yes, I can see the folder. And I think the folder structure is fine - my Apple TV downstairs accesses the same folder with this folder structure, I don't see any reason why Android would be different. I don't know what you mean by "set content to movies" - I think this happens AFTER you successfully add the folder, which I haven't been able to do. If there is some other setting I need to correct, let me know. When I try to add the Movies folder, I go to "Videos --> Files --> Add Files..." Then, I browse to the NFS file share, navigate to the Movies folder and that's where I can't get XBMC to recognize this one folder.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Dave
There are some NFS fixes that have been done since 12.2. There is a recent alpha 5 build should include those fixes: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't add "Movies" folder to XBMC on Ouya0