Case options
Still trying to find that "wife approved" case and I have found a couple that doesn't look bad.
Let me know what you think and if I am missing some similar cases.
Origin M10
Wesena ITX2
The M10 looks nice,but has a high price. I got a budget of around $300-400

Not sure what I could stuff into them to get 1080p and True-HD and DTS-HD Master audio though.
The wesena case looks nice and is reasonably priced. There are tons of mni itx boards that will do 1080p + HD audio. I personally would look at something Intel based, such as a ivy bridge celeron and based on your needs work your way up. Install openelec on it and you'll have a great htpc.
Origen m10 was the most beautiful and most priced mini itx case but when i see it now i find the vfd screen a bit dated...
(But from what i ve read it is really a quality product)
(2013-07-08, 09:11)teeedubb Wrote: The wesena case looks nice and is reasonably priced. There are tons of mni itx boards that will do 1080p + HD audio. I personally would look at something Intel based, such as a ivy bridge celeron and based on your needs work your way up. Install openelec on it and you'll have a great htpc.

Will all ivy bridge celerons do HD audio? Call me weird,but I like seeing the blue light pop on when master hd is present.Big Grin The other option was to get a case and put in a dedicated card. Openelec is what I plan on using.

(2013-07-08, 14:43)solamnic Wrote: Origen m10 was the most beautiful and most priced mini itx case but when i see it now i find the vfd screen a bit dated...
(But from what i ve read it is really a quality product)

I agree on the quality due to the reviews I have read,but the price is kind of a deal breaker. My wife seems to like the Wesena ITX2 so that's one option.Big Grin
I believe I am going to get something from ecosmartpc,the price seems very good and I won't have to mess with getting everything together for the build.
I'm pretty sure they do do HD audio but I have no experience with them so double check before you buy. The wife approving of something htpc related is always a good thing Smile
(2013-07-09, 05:01)teeedubb Wrote: I'm pretty sure they do do HD audio but I have no experience with them so double check before you buy. The wife approving of something htpc related is always a good thing Smile

I saw one of the builds and it does do HD audio and 1080p. I did send an email just to verify. The case for either one I am looking at has the wife approval factor.Rofl
I'm not completely sure I could get a case,mb,memory,fans,etc for the price of the ones I am looking at shipped.
(2013-07-09, 05:16)Kev7274 Wrote: The case for either one I am looking at has the wife approval factor.Rofl

That's the hardest part sorted hehe
I have a silver coloured Silverstone Grandia GD04. Very minimal front end.. you get a silver plate to cover the Dvd bay, small blue LEDs... I have a XFX HD7850 in there (double power cable from the top of the card..) and it all fits.

Russian Site, but shows every angle of the Grandia GD04 case

The only caveat is that if you have a dvd, you will need a Scythe Shuriken Rev B CPU fan... (flat, low profile)

There is no noise emanating from the case.. (fanless PSU and SSD)
(2013-07-09, 04:29)Kev7274 Wrote: I believe I am going to get something from ecosmartpc,the price seems very good and I won't have to mess with getting everything together for the build.

ecosmart (Dougie) has some really cool cases...
the E7 is a personal favorite... or you could go with the Ht-80 if you need a remote...
(2013-07-09, 12:58)solamnic Wrote:
(2013-07-09, 04:29)Kev7274 Wrote: I believe I am going to get something from ecosmartpc,the price seems very good and I won't have to mess with getting everything together for the build.

the E7 is a personal favorite... or you could go with the Ht-80 if you need a remote...

I'm waiting on a reply via pm or by email about a couple to things.Been a couple of days,busy I guess. My fallback is the Wesena case it looks like.
(2013-07-09, 12:58)solamnic Wrote:

Dbl. post.
Sorry for the delay in response, I ended up having an unexpected extended July 4th holiday weekend due to personal reasons. I am back now though and catching up on emails and PMs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Case options0