Black Backdrop in music visualization
Is there a way to remove the black backdrop in music fanart slideshow in the absence of fanart? It would at least allow a background image to be visible.
Never mind, I just removed the 'Black.jpg from the script resources
That file will get replaced every time Artist Slideshow is upgraded. Check out the wiki page (in my signature). There is an option to use a different image (or set of images) while AS is downloading artist images. If you made a transparent PNG file I think that would allow you to see the background image.

P.S. just for anyone else reading. Artist Slideshow isn't supported by default by Confluence. You either need to be using a mod that supports AS or do the modification yourself. So if you're using the default Confluence skin, don't tear your hair out trying to figure out how to get artist images to play in the full screen visualization. Big Grin
I tried changing the black-hd file to a transparent png file and removing the original and that worked Smile I would like the ability to change the artist info text so that it was on all the time but in a smaller font. Actuyally really like this addon. All the mods I have done are in musicvisualisation.xml
(2013-07-10, 02:13)pan2 Wrote: I tried changing the black-hd file to a transparent png file and removing the original and that worked Smile I would like the ability to change the artist info text so that it was on all the time but in a smaller font. Actuyally really like this addon. All the mods I have done are in musicvisualisation.xml

OK, but unless you put the file in a directory outside the plugin directory that modified image will probably get replaced when AS is upgraded. That's why the advanced setting I mentioned is there, for folks that want something other than a black screen during image downloads.

As for artist info text, that's in MusicOSD.xml. The thing is, you can't just change font13 to, say, font11 unless font11 is defined in Font.xml. You can of course create a definition to solve that, but I thought I'd warn you.
That's really good. I thought it would be just as easy to nominate a local folder with the 'black-hd' in it and change the image priority. Will that be what you mean?
I don't know. What you are saying isn't making any sense to me. Just take a look at the Artist Slideshow wiki page and you'll see how to set it to have your choice of image(s) shown while downloading artwork.
I just meant 'use local images first' in the configuration image priority, then create a local artist folder with a transparent 'black-hd' in it and direct the local folder path to it.
Incidentally, I tried this in the MusicOSD.xml:

<label>$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.1.AlbumName)] - $INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.1.AlbumYear)]</label>
and
<label>$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.1.AlbumName)] - $INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(RecommendedAlbum.%d.Year)]</label>
and
<label>$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.1.AlbumName)] - $INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecommendedAlbum.%d.Year)]</label>
and a few other variations without success. Can you see what I'm doing wrong?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Backdrop in music visualization0