home furniture - unable to edit
Hi all,
I have done some searching on here but I cant seem to find an answer. Excuse my ignorance as I just found this program a few days ago and I am a noob.
I have downloaded the latest version, 4.0, installed, done some customizing.
The question I have is: I cant see how to "customize home window furniture"
I get to the menu, it goes to where you "should" be able to but nothing happens when I click any part of the home screen.
G'day, what skin are you using?
Home furniture, meaning the menu bar look and position and the time panel? Go to System / Skin / Customize

Library views, scroll over or if using a remote left click when you are on the farthest movie on the left and it will bring a pop out menu select the very top option for views and look through them to see which one you want.

Not in front of XBMC right now so hopefully this will be enough to help you.
Im using Aeon Nox, 4.0. I watched the tutorial on version 3.5, and I see how they get to the main menu edit page. But on my version 4.0 it doesn't react the way that the 3.5 tutorial does. As far as I can tell, different "components" of the main page should be editable upon entering the "customize home window furniture" option. When I enter that customizing area it brings me to the main page for me to customize, but no elements are able to be clicked on or changed.
I thought I was missing something.
The only elements to change in that part are the 3 panels, main bar, time panel, and library stats panel. Each of them are highlighted by clicking right and left and then hitting enter when the panel is highlighted. If you want to change menu labels or add widgets/fanart/etc you have to go to a different option under Skin settings... can't recall the exact name right now. Main menu or something like that. Try going through the options in the Skin menu man.
That sounds like a bodgey install. Have you tried a reinstall?
No I haven't tried to re-install but will do that tonight I guess. Nothing is highlighted when you put the mouse over any "editable" area, and no mouse clicks active anything. It didn't seem right.
nope didn't work. Not sure why but the home screen is locked "as is". its not bad I guess, but would have been nice to change a bit.
I think you need to be more specific about what you are trying to do. What are you saying you want to change...what is locked? I think you need to use your arrow keys, please pay attention to the description when I get to the customize image. I think the confusion was that I didn't realize you weren't using a remote, hope this helps bro.

Here we go!

Entering Skin Settings:

Using your arrow keys on your keyboard, click the right arrow and you will see that the time panel is selected - hit enter on keyboard.

Using your arrow keys, change the position by hitting enter

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
home furniture - unable to edit0