Skin simlar to WMC
Hello,

I have been using Window Media Center (Windows 7) for years now and organized my library ( Music & Photos are the largest portion ) per requirements of WMC. Have been exploring XBMC for past few days and have some questions..

1) Is there a skin that has simialr look & feel of WMC interface?
2) I access my music usually in this order GANRES -> ALBUMS -> SONGS/Tracks.. I have customized GANRES via ID3 tag in the file.Is there way this is supported.. I tried couple of skins (default- Confluence, Aeon Nox etc ) but it takes me directly from GANRES to Track/Song list.. Given I have so many songs for each GANRES, it's really painful to go thru the list..

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Max
Hi and welcome on XBMC

I have been using Window Media Center too. I switched to XBMC 3 years ago and i 'll never go back.

1) You can look at this skin http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158577. WMC is really limited compared to XBMC. I think you should look for something different. Why switching for something similar?

2) Very stange. With Confluence i have Genre -> Artist -> Album -> Track. I think it comes from you folder structure.
I organize my Music Folder like this:
Music
Artist 1
Album 1
Album 2
Artist 2
Album 1
Album 2
Thanks Guiz for you response..

1) I will try Bello.
2) You're correct it's flowing it like Genre -> Artist -> Album -> Track but I would like to see Genre -> Album -> Track.. Is that possible to do that with Bellow or any other skins?

Thanks in advance.
Any one? Any way I can get this to display in the order I mentioned above ?
Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but if you select the "* All albums" option at the top of the list, it will display all the albums that match the selected genre. Yes, it takes one extra keystroke/button-press to get there, but at least you don't have to drill down each artist to get to the album.
Check out the skin ACE. Great music interface
There is a feature I love in WMC , it's the "now playing" feature. The "now playing" video or audio is always available in the bottom left of the GUI when you browse other content. This makes it easy , for example, to start a songs playlist, then browse to a picture folder, then launch a diaporama.
Is this possible with XBMC? Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin simlar to WMC0