• 3(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
(2013-12-10, 13:28)jackiass Wrote: I can't get it to work with openelec on my raspberry pi. It installs fine, but when I try to run it, nothing happens. Does it have any dependencies?
Other than elementtree, none. Need debug log (wiki)

(2014-01-12, 03:31)kieppie Wrote: It seems to work OK for the 1st of the buttons pressed, but then defaults back to the default config after.
Is it not clear what the 'select window' mean? It means when you select 'home' the mapping will only be active for the home screen. If you want it everywhere use 'global'
how can you get this to workHuh
I cant seem to get this to work either. Am trying to make the Ok button on Pivos to select/enter. I go to Global/Navigation/Select Item and press the button i want and it changes it to 0. I exit out and save and still does not work. Is there another way to do this.. Thanx.
Was hoping this add-on would help me solve some issues with my ikon-pad remote. The add-on seems to work ok, in that most buttons are recognised and remapped.

However, there are a number of buttons that don't seem to be recognised as anything (e.g. the Next, Previous, App Launcher) and ignored - by which I mean the Keymap Editor doesn't even recognise anything's been pressed.

XBMC debug log has them all showing as 0xf200. How do I 'activate' these buttons to enable remapping?

I'm using ir-keytable rather than LIRC, but the remote mostly seems to work ok.
(2014-02-15, 00:59)goofygames Wrote: I cant seem to get this to work either. Am trying to make the Ok button on Pivos to select/enter. I go to Global/Navigation/Select Item and press the button i want and it changes it to 0. I exit out and save and still does not work. Is there another way to do this.. Thanx.

(2014-02-16, 07:23)mspace Wrote: Was hoping this add-on would help me solve some issues with my ikon-pad remote. The add-on seems to work ok, in that most buttons are recognised and remapped.

However, there are a number of buttons that don't seem to be recognised as anything (e.g. the Next, Previous, App Launcher) and ignored - by which I mean the Keymap Editor doesn't even recognise anything's been pressed.

XBMC debug log has them all showing as 0xf200. How do I 'activate' these buttons to enable remapping?

I'm using ir-keytable rather than LIRC, but the remote mostly seems to work ok.

As I tried to emphasize: this is just an editor. It records the key from xbmc and writes a keymap file for xbmc to read. It only works for keys xbmc can already recognize. If they don't, this addon won't help. The device needs to be configured correctly first so xbmc can detect it, then you can use this addon to remap the key
Brilliant! Smile

One question, on the iPhone and Android XBMC apps there is a home button to go back to the home screen. Can this be edited in your addon? Or what could I change to setup a button to take me back to the home screen?
(2014-04-03, 12:31)jpc0480 Wrote: Brilliant! Smile

One question, on the iPhone and Android XBMC apps there is a home button to go back to the home screen. Can this be edited in your addon? Or what could I change to setup a button to take me back to the home screen?

If you mean edit the home button, then no, for the same reason as above. The android os owns the home button. I don't think even xbmc can override it.
Tested on my tablet, and you can change menu, back and volume buttons though.
(2014-04-07, 14:22)takoi Wrote:
(2014-04-03, 12:31)jpc0480 Wrote: Brilliant! Smile

If you mean edit the home button, then no, for the same reason as above. The android os owns the home button. I don't think even xbmc can override it.
Tested on my tablet, and you can change menu, back and volume buttons though.
No, not the home button. Sorry for the confusion.

What I meant was on the iPhone app for XBMC and I believe it is there for Android there is a home key on the app itself that takes you directly to the home screen. See screenshot:

I would like to duplicate this button with my remote control for the TV if possible.
Then I don't know. If the app sends button codes and the app and remote have the same code, then it should. Otherwise no. Why not just try? There's a 'delete' option if you mess up.
For some reason the delete option is not working with openelec on a pi
In what way not working?
When I click the delete button the menu options for edit new and delete just refresh. Nothing happens.
@jpc0480 - What type of remote are you using? In order to get a remote key to take you to the home menu, you need to map a key to activate the home window. There is no 'home window' key in xbmc afaik(ESC on a keyboard should take you to root level). You will need to know the keyid of the button you plan on using, Keymap Editor should display this when you map it to a function. Take a look at the xbmc keymap wiki and search on how to modify the keyboard.xml file.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with all this(since you are new here), but if you can get it working, you can go as far a launching links inside addons with a press of a button. Big Grin
I'm using a Logitech harmony ultimate.

I tried with esc, but it seems it only takes you back one level. With the button on the iPhone xbmc app (pictured) it takes you all the way back to the home screen centered on "movies". So it seems that this app has to be either using a keyboard shortcut or a combination? I would like to figure it out... With this remote I should be able to..
(2014-04-07, 16:19)jpc0480 Wrote: When I click the delete button the menu options for edit new and delete just refresh. Nothing happens.
That's what it's supposed to do. It resets everything to default.

(2014-04-07, 21:26)jpc0480 Wrote: I'm using a Logitech harmony ultimate.

I tried with esc, but it seems it only takes you back one level. With the button on the iPhone xbmc app (pictured) it takes you all the way back to the home screen centered on "movies". So it seems that this app has to be either using a keyboard shortcut or a combination? I would like to figure it out... With this remote I should be able to..

Go to Edit->Global->Activate Window->Home. That's the one you want.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7