[Windows] Testers Needed Please - Basic NFO Creator
Have you ever had a video file that you wanted to get XBMC to scrape but didn't feel like going through the tedious process of creating the whole thing by hand? Well I did too. So I made this little utility. What it is, is a Basic NFO Creator. The nfo file will be created and filled with the information that you provide. There is no online scraping that will take place with this. I have just posted a new version.
Here is what you can do:
Now or TV Show, Tv Show Episodes and Movies!

Enter the TV Show/Movie information for the file you want to put into your XBMC library, Choose a destination file, either a current folder or you can create a new folder, (Movie settings creates it's own folder). Select the settings you want include in your nfo file titles, Dates, quality, etc. For repetitive TV Show episodes you can set each any or all fields to propagate through to the next episode that you process. You can also include any spacer that you usually use for your library.

You can create a "TV Show" nfo file and folder to enter your episodes into.

Maybe I have a problem with my network as it would not recognize my network shares, however it works great with locally mapped network shares.
Please read the Help links on the menu bars. It pretty much explains the operation. It is all fairly straightforward.
This was created with VB on a Windows 32 bit machine, so if you have a similar setup, you should be golden.
Please play around with it at first with junk files until you are sure it works as it should and provide feedback or ask questions. Be gentle, it is my first program.

Here is the download link: https://app.box.com/s/cpkuk68hlgsuxmsb9lct

Thanks,
Mark
i will try it.thx
Looks promising. VB.NET is recommended and the application can be used as a standalone app without installation.
Thanks for looking guys!

baijuxavior - After I finish this in VB, I am going to try to duplicate it using Python, skipping right by VB.NET.

I really just wanted to get my feet wet with this to get ready to work with Python.

Thanks,
Mark
Bump
no more download link?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-08-12, 17:22)saitoh183 Wrote: no more download link?

Sorry about that. I had no idea box.com would delete the link. Anyway, the link is now updated, please try again.

Mark
My desktop is 720p so I can see from my couch. The window doesn't fit everything Sad.
@mwkurt: Any chance to implement this in python to use it as an add-on for XBMC? Thanks!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Sweet, thanks, been looking around for just this! Nothing fancy or complex, just something to add entries in the appropriate libraries. This is great to add family videos and such!

Could you edit the first post and give us a bit of an update on how things are going on your end?
I will post more feedback after having done a few dozen files in the coming days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Testers Needed Please - Basic NFO Creator0