XBMC Resume V.0.0.1 by Matt Huisman
GIT | SRC | ZIP
Resumes selectable states (music, video, slideshow, window etc) by monitoring and saving the current states into a database at a defined interval.
It then resumes the saved state on XBMC start-up. Due to the constant monitoring, the script is designed to work with unexpected XBMC shutdowns.
- Resume currently playing video, video position & video playlist
- Resume currently playing audio, audio position & audio playlist
- Resume currently playing slideshow
- Resume current window & path (eg: TV Shows/Family Guy/Season 1/)
- Resume current volume & mute status (off by default as XBMC stores these - however, can enable to allow for over-ride of XBMC stored value)
- Settings change monitor (no need to restart XBMC for new settings to take affect)
- Ability to fully disable monitoring and/or resuming
- Resumes media items by their library id's if possible (keeps correct file-name, art etc)
- Install script via ZIP file
- Once installed, run script via programs to start service
- or, restart XBMC to start service
- Configure required add-on settings
Tips / Ideas
- You can simply click on the script via programs to open it's add-on settings dialog
- It is possible to get XBMC to a state and then disable monitoring. This way, XBMC will always start at that state (and not over-write it). Good for comparators / display units.
Eg: Always resume a slideshow with a certain soundtrack playing on XBMC boot. You can also easily edit the MySQL database to fine tune the stored state.
Simplest form of this is if you always wanted your XBMC to boot into Movies view.
- Snapshot mode - Countdown timer (2mins) until the script takes a Snapshot of current state. It then will disable monitoring so this state is always resumed on boot.
- Resume play/pause/random state etc
- Resume last slideshow slide (not currently possible via API?)
Would love some feedback so I can get it added to official repository.