Scraper for my named files
I am so sorry to post on here, but I have read and tried for 2 weeks to get this to work. So now I have to ask you guys for help.

I have tried to write my own scraper from scratch following any guide I could find on here and Google searches, and I have tried to add a few lines to the existing scrapers, cant get anything to work. Started just manually adding my videos but after 9 hours I am only to "L"

Please help Huh

all of my movies are in 1 directory, I have no multi part movies, no additional folders. I know it is a naming issue which is why I was trying to make my own scraper.

all files follow the following format.

movie title (5.1x1280).mkv

name of the move with no periods (audio channels x frame width).ext

my TV shows aren't loading either and that I don't understand. I have tried renaming them and such, I haven't even tried to write / change a scraper for them. TV shows are in:
TV
-->Show title
------->Season #
---------------> show name S01E01.ext
------->Season #
---------------> show name S02E01.ext

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Like I said I tried to just add a line to the xmbc default scraped as I thought that would be the easiest, but I just cant figure out the coding for the scraping of the name.

thanks
nuu guy
Rewriting a scraper is the wrong way to deal with a naming issue.

You want to be looking at cleanstrings. (And possibly cleandatetime as well, depends on how you handle years.)

An advancedsettings.xml looking something like:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <cleanstrings action="append">
       <regexp>\([.\d]+x\d+\)</regexp>
    </cleanstrings>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
Should clean off anything like "(5.1x1280)" before any scraper sees the file name. (Completely untested, though.)

Not sure what the issue could be with TV shows, your folder structure and file names look fine (although it's always better to show an actual example, rather than a generic one).

I'd suggest turning on Debug logging and then refreshing one show (highlight the show folder in File view and press 'i'). Upload the log to http://xbmclogs.com and post a link.
* apparently I cant post the error log... but thanks for your help with the movies. I guess I will try and figure out the tv on my own. thanks so much.
Never ever post log snippits on the forum. Read the rules, so please remove at once.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper for my named files0