Req Advanced Library Filtering support
Title pretty much sums is up.
Other skins (inc. default Confluence) feature library filtering - a button on the side menu makes a dialog popup with filtering option like year slider, genres, etc.

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv..._filtering

I tried creating this myself but with no luck...
Added this to MyVideoNav.xml:
Code:
<control type="button" id="5" description="Filter">
  <include>9000Buttons</include>
  <label>$LOCALIZE[587]</label>

# Taken from Confluence's MyVideoNav.xml
  <onclick>Filter</onclick>
  <visible>Container.CanFilterAdvanced</visible>
</control>

With no success... would love to help if I just understood a bit more how this xml is compiled.
Thoughts?
Hey,

I know what it is but I'm not interested in implementing it in Quartz as, IMHO, it is useful for libraries with 1500 items or more. Even then, I find it more useful to split up your movies in several sections. Sorry.

I think you started out right way it is just that code you added is used to start up filter dialog and that one is missing. You could use one from Confluence and try to modify it for Quartz.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi, thanks for the quick reply Smile

I did exactly that, took DialogMediaFilter.xml from Confluence and modified it. File is here.

Also, updated the new menu entry in MyVideoNav.xml:
PHP Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="5" description="Media Filter">
          <
visible>Container.CanFilterAdvanced</visible>
          <include>
9000Buttons</include>
          <
label>$LOCALIZE[587]</label>
          <
selected>Container.Filtered</selected>
          <
onclick>right</onclick>
          <
onclick>Filter</onclick>
        </
control

There's one problem I can't seem to figure out - Whenever I:
1. Open filter dialog, choose filters and click OK
2. Open filter dialog again
all the filter choices are forgotten and the list is reset. When I use Conflluence, the filter options are kept and displayed if I re-enter the filter dialog.

Are you able to reproduce this? Have any idea what's missing?

BTW - I have a pretty small collection, and still I find this feature useful, eg. when my wife asks to see a romantic comedy and I don't (and never will) have a ready-made smartlist for that, I like having the option to one-off filter the list. For your consideration...
(2013-07-12, 16:22)EtgarDizz Wrote: Hi, thanks for the quick reply Smile

I did exactly that, took DialogMediaFilter.xml from Confluence and modified it. File is here.

Also, updated the new menu entry in MyVideoNav.xml:
PHP Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="5" description="Media Filter">
          <
visible>Container.CanFilterAdvanced</visible>
          <include>
9000Buttons</include>
          <
label>$LOCALIZE[587]</label>
          <
selected>Container.Filtered</selected>
          <
onclick>right</onclick>
          <
onclick>Filter</onclick>
        </
control

There's one problem I can't seem to figure out - Whenever I:
1. Open filter dialog, choose filters and click OK
2. Open filter dialog again
all the filter choices are forgotten and the list is reset. When I use Conflluence, the filter options are kept and displayed if I re-enter the filter dialog.

Are you able to reproduce this? Have any idea what's missing?

BTW - I have a pretty small collection, and still I find this feature useful, eg. when my wife asks to see a romantic comedy and I don't (and never will) have a ready-made smartlist for that, I like having the option to one-off filter the list. For your consideration...

EtgarDizz, I tried doing as you did however when I open the dialog on my movie list -- the Filter option does not show up. I added the DialogMediaFilter.xml and edited the MyVideoNav.xml, but nothing has seemed to change. Can you please explain in further detail.

Thank you
(2013-10-12, 05:28)BlackMamba Wrote: EtgarDizz, I tried doing as you did however when I open the dialog on my movie list -- the Filter option does not show up. I added the DialogMediaFilter.xml and edited the MyVideoNav.xml, but nothing has seemed to change. Can you please explain in further detail.

Thank you

Hi BlackMamba,

Can you pastebin your MyVideoVav.xml file so we can look for the problem?
Also, you need to reload the theme (select another theme and re-select Quartz) to make XBMC consider the new button/dialog.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Library Filtering support0