OS X strange video issue at edges of frame
This has been happening for a long time and I've never been able to fix it and can find nothing of help on the forums.
The bottom and right row of pixels seem to flash. This can be seen on all files, but on those that are full frame, it's less visible, sometimes not at all. To explain it best, I took a few seconds of video of a 4:3 ratio show that has a dark background which makes it the easiest to see. It's on youtube here: http://youtu.be/Aj5c9wH4Fko (it's only a few seconds long)

It's always the bottom and the right hand edges. I've tried various settings in xbmc such as post processing and scaling method, but none have an affect.

This is running on OSX on a macbook pro, connected to a TV with a display port to HDMI cable. A current build of the nightly is in use, but like I say, it's been this way for a while, including the production release of 13.

I tend to set the zoom amount to 1.01 to hide the bottom row but it's no real fix. I put it down to my hardware I suppose, as I have tried a fresh OS installation and clean install of xbmc and the problem stays.

Has anyone seen anything like this before, is there anything I can do other than put up with it?
Many thanks.
It's fixed in 12.2. Nightly builds will have the issue again because a more long term fix is going to be used there.
Oh right, thanks!

I said the release of 13, that was dumb, I meant I'd tried in 12.0 and then went back to the daily's. Good to know it is not "just me" thanks for the info.

Out of curiosity, can you explain (or point to the relevant code) what causes it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
strange video issue at edges of frame0