Harmony One owners...Inside Please
Hey guys,
I am more than likely going to have to get a Usb IR receiver due to the fact that the case I would like to get is out of stock,but there is another one I like that
doesn't have any sort of IR function.

What are you guys using? Are you buying a Remote/IR kit and just using the usb? I see that HP has one,but the silver one it sticks out like a sore thumb. I also saw the Azend has one.

I have read the setup for the Harmony One,but didn't recall any info on what IR was used.

Does anyone make just the USB IR receiver? I just don't want to get a nice case for Openelec and have a USB dongle sticking out and taking away the appearance of the case. Thanks
Pretty hard to have IR without some kind of dongle, unless the case has a window for it. That said, I use a flirc with each of my Harmony remotes.
Zed's no moving parts HTPC
i3 2100, Thermalright Ultra 120 HS, 4GB DDR3, 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Z68 Mobo, Silverstone TJ08B-E Case, Seasonic 400FL PSU, Onkyo TX-SR608

Zed's Trinity uHTPC
A10 5700, Noctua NH-L9a HSF, 4GB DDR3, 64GB Crucial M4 SSD, MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Mobo, Wesena ITX4 Case w/90W PSU

I found that Flirc (maybe other IR receiver too but not sure) works well even when hidden between the back of the case and the wall, the IR signal is reflected by the wall.

So that way you can have an IR receiver hidden and still get IR reception on it.
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

(2013-07-12, 16:17)The_Dogg Wrote: I found that Flirc (maybe other IR receiver too but not sure) works well even when hidden between the back of the case and the wall, the IR signal is reflected by the wall.

So that way you can have an IR receiver hidden and still get IR reception on it.

Now that would be great! The box would sit on the middle shelf of the entertainment center that has a shiny/glossy back that should be able to bounce it back.Heck for the price,even if it didn't work,not a lot money went into it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony One owners...Inside Please0