Xios Pivos m3 or GBox Slav?
I'm looking into buying one of these. What's holding me back from pivos is these videos I keep seeing where it's laggy loading movie decriptions in (showcase view) I'm specifically looking on only putting Linux XBMC. I'm owner of original xbox with xbmc but it's 32mb ram don't leave me much ram after skin for running movies so anything over 2gb it has prob with. Gbox Slav I like that it looks nicer, comes with better remote, has option to put in ssd as i happen to have two of them lying around. Sorry but I really don't like android so droid logo on pivos turns me away even more (i'm iphone,ipad,macbook guy)

Does anyone have any experience with Slav? Problems with it? Oh to mention it is also 10-20$ cheaper than pivos too.

They both run A9M3 1GHz processor and Mali400 3d GPU
Both have 1gb DDR2
Slav has internal 1TB for laptop hdd/ssd sata
Slav 4gb flash vs 2gb of pivos
Slav camera/mic included
Slav sd and mmc card slot and more connectors
No one?
Sounds to me like you have made up your mind. All I can say is I do not use anything mac as it turns me off, but the xios i have two of and they run one in andriod and other linux. Both work well
I bought slav it just came in today. I went with it because of internal hdd bay which resembles the setup I'm familiar with more. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
I installed linux version by J1nx beta 2 and everything looks great works great, only prob I'm having is that when i turn box off and on it switched to manual DHCP, but just changing it to auto and internet is back.it's pretty fast and love the fact that I have internal ssd 250gb.
seems like this pivos box could be good for me too. few questions!

- can i install transmission and remote control it via my windows pc? (pretty sure this is a yes, but..)
- how flexible are the torrent clients available for these kinds of builds of linux? can i specify directories and which files to download?
- can i use it as always-on SMB storage? will this device freak out of if it is left always on?

sorry i know these aren't XBMC-related questions but thanks anyway!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xios Pivos m3 or GBox Slav?0