SQL Library doesn't 'clean' properly
I am running multiple XBMC instances which link to a SQL db on a Synology. I've often deleted shows and had them rescan as either Proper (or I acquire them again) and the DB seems to maintain the old watched status.

I would think this would be cleaned out when shows are deleted. Is there a setting for this?
Do you have <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate> defined in your advancedsettings.xml?

If you do it should remove the old and add the new and the watched status would go away for the new one...

I do this from time to time as well not very often but it works for me as long as the new filename is different than the old.

So if you are using some sort of renamer that always renames your files the same way it would not update the watched status since XBMC would think that the new file is the old file.
יונתן בן-חיים
I use the same file names. My (pre/a)ssumption is that when a file is removed/cleaned out, it would be taken out of the DB, so to keep it clean and compact.
yeah your assumption is right when the clean runs if it cant find that file it will remove it from the DB to keep it clean and compact and mainly so that when you browse your library you will not have items that you cant play since the file doesn't exist.

Maybe I am confused but if you use the same file names and a file is there it will not touch the DB for that file, its based on the file name so until that file is gone or is named different XBMC has no way of knowing that is a different file and doesn't touch the DB.
יונתן בן-חיים
I guess I don't run a clean every time. But I would think that when an item is removed, the db is cleaned. I'll have to test this out tonight.
I think the watched status (all are based on file paths) are kept in the DB, since XBMC keeps track of that for both file view and library view.
That stinks. I'd love to keep the DB clean and compact.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SQL Library doesn't 'clean' properly0