some thoughts about new features and settings
i have some thoughts about new Features and Settings. Some of them may be already discussed or wip. I apologize if i have missed something.

I use XBMC as an appliance (openelec) on a HTPC.

- setup audio levels, crossover frequency an speaker distance within XBMC
(ok, audio levels can be set up via alsa mixer, but that is not the point). A tone generator (white or pink noise) to set the Volume levels would round up the feature.

- Trigger in- an Outputs
it would be nice to have trigger inputs and outputs which can be assigned to specific tasks (via .xml file). I would love to automatically turn my lights on when I press pause on xbmc or automatically shut down xbmc if I turn off the receiver. The Triggers can be archived via Printer Port on HTPCs or GPIO Pins on Raspberry pi.

- New Menu Item “Radio”
which includes all radio sources (DVB-C, DVB-T, DVB-S, Internetradio, FM and DAB+) I have no idea if Tvheadend or VDR supports FM and DAB (+) Cards or sticks, but it would be a nice feature not only for car pc.

- New Menu Item “Webbrowser”
I would love to use xbmc for some quick google searches or a quick view through some Boards.

- Multiple Website Plugins
I would love to have more than one Website Plugin at a time. This could be archived via a standard website with an icon for every installed website Plugin on that standard website.

- Support for second Screen as a info screen
little TFT screens are cheap or already build in some HTPC Cases. It would be great to support them as Info Display (which shows something like the Cover, Playtime and Fanart during the Movie). Skinners could implement new Info Skins via a Plugin new Categrory “Info Skin”.
(Yavdr already uses a second display as Info Display and I love this feature)
Displays could be attached via VGA, HDMI, DVI or USB

- video settings (I know there are already some settings and some test pictures)
test pictures with setup for Brightness, Contrast, Gamma for all RBG/CYMK Colors

- network settings (openelec has already done a good job, but these settings doesn't exist in XBMCBuntu)
setup IP-Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, DHCP or Static

- Burn to BD/DVD/CD Funktion via context Menu which allows to burn a selection of audio or video Files to a Disc.

- Copy from/to Source via Context Menu which allows you to copy Pictures/Videos or Music from or to USB Stick/HDD/CF Card or from/to Internal HDDs or Network Shares.

I had also some ideas for Audio and Video, pleas let me know if I should post them.

Sorry for my bad english

cheers
rat666

@admins, please feel free to move cut or delete my post
HTPC (AMD X4 620, Geforce GT 520, Tevii 470, Antec Fusion Case with Imon LCD) with Openelec Gotham Nightlies
Raspberry Pi with Openelec Nightlies for Testing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
some thoughts about new features and settings0