xbmc on osc, ios, and both at 1st gen question
ok so here is my set up:

2 ea atv 1st gen- 1 w openelec xbmc (so i can run frodo) the other w atv original os, firecore nitotv and xbmc (eden)

1 ios jb, w cydia and frodo 12.2,

1 mac pro w frodo

now this may seem like a dumb question, but with all these instances of xbmc running, and not to savy in terms of setting up an sql server this is what i wanted to know,

IS it somehow, someway possible to actually just install xbmc on my mac pro and somehow have this show up on my atv's? i mean can it be run as a server, and then sent to an atv as say an app that would open up and allow u to use the gui and do everything u would if it was installed on each device?

im asking because im looking for a simpler way of doing this xbmc thing...

ios doesnt matter to me, only

mac>atv living room

and mac>atv bedroom

i can serve it to my ps3, and my xbox, but the content can never be played, which blows, but i wonder if i can do the same from mac to atv, maybe w firecore/nitotv installed and enabled?

any advice, or anything about this?

ps, ive tried plex media server and did not like the gui much, and i tried plex as well, and same thing... so what do u guys say?

thanks
j
HOW-TO:Share libraries using UPnP (wiki)

Much easier than MySQL.
thanks ned, but im actually looking for something like running my mac as an xbmc server to 2 atv's and see if thats possible?

not sure as im a newbee...
UPnP is the only server function that XBMC has. The other XBMC instances are also UPnP clients and can access the library and even files from the XBMC UPnP server. It even works with XBMC v12 to v11.
Ned,
i will take a look at the upnp and see what i can do!!

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc on osc, ios, and both at 1st gen question0