Update: Bluetimes MX5 hardware acceleration xbmc, libplayer 4.2.2
Firstly, thank you in advance and for being patient with me. I've been lurking on these forums for some time and the knowledge and help has been incredibly useful, so thank you once again.

I just purchased a small android box to play around with and so far so good. However, I've found that the player preinstalled named "MoviePlayer" version 1.73 plays some of my files better than the native xbmc player. I understand I need to create and edit a playercorefactory file to do so, but I am unfamiliar with the architecture of android systems. I've located where the file needs to go, but have no idea where the MoviePlayer is stored or what syntax to use to call it using the playercorefactory settings. Any help would be really appreciated.

In short
Need to use external player for xbmc
Don't know where MoviePlayer is kept or what I actually need to write in the playercorefactory to use it.
Whether it is even possible to use this player as an external player.

Thanks again!
HOW-TO:Use external player on Android (wiki)

However, I don't see what the values are for MoviePlayer. If someone who knows would like to add that to the wiki page (or any other player, for that matter), feel free to do so.

Also, as the warning at the top of that page notes, you might be able to use another version of XBMC that will take advantage of hardware video decoding for your Android hardware. What kind of box did you buy? Name, Make/model, Link, etc?
Hi Ned,

Thanks for the quick reply and the link. That ought to prove useful once I work out the values for MoviePlayer.

The box I bought was
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/832306431.h...sitedetail
http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/05/08/r...t-top-box/

It came preinstalled with a build of xbmc which utilised MX player, which didn't play my M2TS files well. I tried libstagefright which seemed to play the videos too fast. Otherwise I'm happy with the standard player. As I've mentioned before, my knowledge of xbmc on android is limited so I've pretty much just been tinkering.

Thanks again and thank you for the wiki link!
Ah, AMLogic AML8726-MX. I think I have a link around here somewhere for hardware decoding on Android, and I know j1nx has a linux/XBMC version for that chipset in the works. I'll dig around, but there should be some info on the forums about it.
(2013-07-13, 11:33)Ned Scott Wrote: Ah, AMLogic AML8726-MX. I think I have a link around here somewhere for hardware decoding on Android, and I know j1nx has a linux/XBMC version for that chipset in the works. I'll dig around, but there should be some info on the forums about it.

Thanks Ned,
So I ended up trying two different builds again, the
xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20130330
xbmc-XIOS-Android-012913
With no luck

The mystery "MoviePlayer" 1.73 has played everything I've thrown at it very smoothly and as such I am keen to use it as the external player for xbmc. I've searched for it using the file browser but with no luck in finding its whereabouts. If it's any help I've included screenshots in the hope someone might recognize the player....

Thanks again everyone!
Just an update. Apparently according to another forum, the player is: com.farcore.videoplayer
But as of yet I've been unable to get Xbmc to call it through my added playercore file Sad.

I've also tried a few different Xbmc builds which apparently should work with the chip (namely droid tv and pivos) with almost all of them only playing sound with no video. Oh well. At least the stock player kinda works. Just not as pretty as XBMC...

Thanks for the help though!
com.farcore.videoplayer is the default video player that AMLogic created.
Just a quick update. I couldn't get playercore to call an external, which is apparently a problem a lot of users are experiencing. Asking on another forum it seems that libplayer libs has been altered in the newer am logic boxes causing some problems.

http://androidforums.com/google-tv/74051...-help.html

If anybody else is interested the helpful forumite suggests he could create an xbmc for the newer boxes.

Thanks!
I also bought this player and want xbmc to work well thanks
their player is with XAF build and need exteral MX PLAYER...., otherwise can not play....
recommend following MX model, no need external mx player....

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/...24175.html
hello mate , i have the same problem like you , but with 1+ ...can't make Subtitles work , maybe you found any solution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update: Bluetimes MX5 hardware acceleration xbmc, libplayer 4.2.20