HOW-TO:Use external players on Android
Is there a way to disable the message after playing video over the external player?
I mean the message: "External Player Active Click OK when Playback has ended"
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
Is it possible to pass SMB files to google cast receiver? I changed the playercorefactory.xml to open video files in google cast receiver (com.google.android.apps.mediashell), but it do not work. Is there an other way to open the files in google cast receiver? There is an media app for android phones that can pass the video files to google cast receiver. The App is "Yatse"
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
How to have the option of using External players while retaining the abbility to use the built in "dvdplayer" also I would like to have the built in dvdplayer remain as the Default Player While having the option to use the Exteral Players 

I ask the Question in this manner because I have set up for the external players as advised in the Wiki but no matter what Ive tried I cannot retain the ability to use the internal player or have it show as the default.

Please Help
How to have the option of using External players while retaining the abbility to use the built in "dvdplayer" also I would like to have the built in dvdplayer remain as the Default Player While having the option to use the Exteral Players 

I ask the Question in this manner because I have set up for the external players as advised in the Wiki but no matter what Ive tried I cannot retain the ability to use the internal player or have it show as the default.

Please Help
Hello!

I'm using KODI 17.6 on HiMedia Q10 Pro (Android 7) and I thought a brave and attempted to modify the playercorefactory with the plan to call HibyMusic from KODI for all audio only files.

This is what I've added:

<players>

<!-- HibyMusic for music -->
<player name="HibyMusic" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="false">
<filename>
com.hiby.music</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>

And this is the line I've modified:

<!--Audio Rules-->
<rule audio="true" player="HibyMusic" />

But It just doesn't work. I guess I would need the SMB mountpoint patch for HiMedia to make it work with the network shared files (this would mount the SMB shares as a part of the Box's file system), but it also fails to work from directly connected USB drives. I try to play any kind of audio files from KODI, but it just blinks a sec and than it just doesn't do or start anything.

I guess the result would be the same with any other media or music player app (like with Poweramp and so...).  Huh

What am I missing here? Any suggestions how could i make this work (if possible at all)?

Thanks!
Hello!

So really no one knows or just would have a clue what am I'm I missing or how should I try to make it work? (See the post above.)

Thanks you!
I have no experience with external player für audio files. You can try is with video playback. This is my xml file:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
        <players>
                <player name="Video" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
                        <filename>com.sony.dtv.osat.video</filename>
                        <playcountminimumtime>600</playcountminimumtime>
                </player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
                <rule video="true" player="Video"/>
        </rules>
</playercorefactory>

My files were located on an Emby Server (streaming like DLNA) and USB.
(2018-06-18, 07:35)mpiet Wrote: I have no experience with external player für audio files. You can try is with video playback. This is my xml file:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
        <players>
                <player name="Video" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
                        <filename>com.sony.dtv.osat.video</filename>
                        <playcountminimumtime>600</playcountminimumtime>
                </player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
                <rule video="true" player="Video"/>
        </rules>
</playercorefactory>

My files were located on an Emby Server (streaming like DLNA) and USB. 
 The syntax you've used is identical to my codes, so I can't find anything different that I should try to change. 

Still interested only in audio playback. 

But thanks!
Hello,I have vidon xmbc (kodi 14.2) on an android box MXIII-G. 
I would to know if one can use Usb audio player pro as external player for music?
I tried but it does'nt work. 
 <player name="USBAudioPlayerPro" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="false">
            <filename>com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro</filename>
            <playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
        </player>

I think the problem is the player name or most probably the filename. 

David
Or, that if KODI 17.6 has issues to activate external players from the palyercorefactory.

Will try with MX Player tonight for videos. That was working on 16.1, so it should presently. Tho' it's for videos, and maybe only the audio files/players are concerned in the issue?

Can't say anything for sure just jet tho'.
Hi Guys,

I would like to use the media player app that came with my Sony Android TV with Kodi 19.4, (which I use exclusively for playing MKV / MP4 files from my NAS)

Can anyone help me to produce my playercorefactory.xml I realise you will need information about my installation and am happy to supply whatever is needed.

I understand some of the requirements, but the rest is a bit complicated.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance Smile
I guess, the one thing you would need the most, is to find out the app's full name as it is in the file system on the TV you wish to use as external player.
Search the web or on Sony TV specific Forums, or try to find yourself by f.e. installing a file browser (like Total Commander) on the TV. As it's Android TV, you may have to sideload it by downloading from it's official website as an apk, and find out a way to install it.

Than a most general playercorefactory modification should work. If not, that the TV's OS has some more restrictions regarding.
Hi, thanks for the advice.
I'm downloading Total Commander APK and going to sideload it onto my TV.
I'll get back to you when I have some results.
Maybe you could let me know the right bits to modify.
So here is my progress so far.

I sideloaded Total Commander, but am struggling to find either the media player app's full name as it is in the file system on the TV or the playercorefactory.xml in Kodi, for me to modify.

I have 3 Media Players installed (Excluding Kodi) the Sony one is called Media Player (very original) and mine is version 1.1.A.1.22 but I also have VLC installed and Nova Video Player.

There are so many files and folders to look in, I'm not sure where to find anything.
Wow, I've been upgraded from a Newbie to a Junior Member, I don't think I deserve that already Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Use external players on Android2