Android app remote control
I have been trying to get the android remote app to work with xbmc, but all I get is a message...

"I/O Exception (java.net.SocketException , failed to connect to /192.168.1.5 (port8080) after 5000ms: isConnected failed: EHOSTUNREACHED (No route to host) "

and it just stays in a perpetual state of "Reconnecting"

I have just about everything checked on the xbmc settings except for Zeroconf and Airplay, which when I try to check them just say something about failed to start zeroconf, is apples bounjour installed? Sorry no idea what bonjour might be or why I would need it.

Totally confused, would love to get this sorted before I save a drive image of my (nearly perfect!) system... for a rainy day.
No takers for this one? Not surprising, guess it's a bit of a hornets nest.

I've been reading up on Bonjour - should I install this and see if it sorts thing? I presume xbmc is not allowed to include it with their software?
No, bonjour has nothing to do with it, airplay should not be needed - however, can you connect to the Web interface of xbmc with the above settings. It looks like you entered either the wrong port or ip address...
You only need the webserver switched on on the XBMC client (see settings section). Make sure the settings on your remote matches that in the webserver settings. Often when this happens to me it is because of a new IP address being allocated to the XBMC client (DHCP) and the remote is still trying to connect to the old IP address. Consider making the IP address of the XBMC client static to avoid the pain in future. Or I got the port wrong (80 instead of 8080 and vice versa). Lastly, make sure your remote has wi-fi enabled.
to avoid confusion using an ip-address which might switch around once in a while, you can also use the Hostname of the machine.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Sorry guys, I've had another couple of sessions trying to get this to work... well this and a similar issue with uTorrent, I'm getting nowhere.

Under general, the devica name is XBMC

Under UPnP all three things are selected.

Under webserver contro via http is on, port is 8080, username xbmc, no password, web interface default.

Under remote control both options are selected

Going up a level and then into SYSTEM...then internet access

HTTP proxy selected

Nothing for server

Port 8080

Nothing for username

Nothing for password

In my phone, I just get "failed to connect to /192.168.....

Phone settings are
Name of this instance; XBMC
Host or IP 192.168...
HTTP API port 8080
username xbmc
password none
then there's a mac address 00:23:**:**:**:**

(MOD EDIT: Blanked out part of your MAC address. Don't think you want this out there for all to see.)

Wol port 9.

I need walking through this one I'm afraid... could it be something to do with xbmc / XBMC / no user name settings? I've tried every combination of everything I can think of Sad

thanks,
Is the phone connected to the same LAN?
Why did you enable HTTP-Proxy? Disable it if you do not actually use a proxy (which you probably don't)
In the services section:
If you do not use a password, leave the username blank as well.

Can you connect to the webinterface from a browser? Can you connect to the webinterface from the host which runs XBMC?
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Thanks guys,

Well, I did the http thing out of desperation, just trying anything and everything.....
Yes, I'm on the home wi fi network with the phone.

Sorry.. how do you mean about connecting to the web interface from a browser? Or...connecting to the web interface from the host? I've just got xbmc on my media centre (and lap top actually, but that's not really important right now) and I wanted to operate it with the phone... and I presume I can then stream stuff to the phone. ?
(2013-07-23, 19:43)JohnyLondon Wrote: Sorry.. how do you mean about connecting to the web interface from a browser? Or...connecting to the web interface from the host?

With XBMC running on your XBMC system, open a web browser to the following URL:
  • On another PC in your house: 192.168.x.xxx:8080 (where 192.168.x.xxx is the IP address of your XBMC system)
  • On the XBMC system itself, with XBMC minimized/windowed, and a web browser launched from the desktop: localhost:8080
You should be prompted to enter your log-in credentials (the username/password values you entered on the Services/Webserver page) and, once you do, you should be presented with the XBMC web interface.
On my phone's remote app I have the same setup except I selected Wi-Fi only and didn't bother with the section below (mac address, etc)
MAC should only be needed if you're going to use WoL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android app remote control0