Large library fills up internal storage, XBMC stops.
Exclamation 
Hey guys - I've searched on these forums and can't seem to find a solution to this issue.

I have a Pivos DS media player that I've installed XBMC on under linux and everything seems to run fine. Well, apart from randomly resetting my profile when I reboot sometimes, but I guess I have to live with that.

The issue is that I have about 10TB of media I'm trying to reference with a library (including thumbnails, actor bios, the full lot) and the 1GB of internal space rapidly fills up. /dev/mtdblock4 sits on 100% and the device can no longer scrape anything, plus the CPU usage sits on 100% too.

I tried using a substitute path in the advancedsettings file, but it won't seem to save thumbnails across a smb share to a windows machine. I'm not even sure I'm using the right commands either because the wiki doesn't seem to mention anything about changing the location of the library files.

Does anyone have an easy, reliable way of telling XBMC to save all library files to a location other than the root partition? I can plug in a 8GB USB stick and I'm sure that would do the trick, if only I could tell this damn thing to save the files there instead.
I've never used a pivos ds, but in linux, bind mounts would allow you to use the USB drive for the .xbmc folder.
Does the pivos have a /etc/fstab file?
Oh why didn't I think of that >_<

[root@buildroot /etc]# cat fstab
# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# <file system> <mount pt> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
/dev/root / ext2 ro,noauto 0 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts defaults,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs mode=0777 0 0
tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,noatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
tmpfs /var/log tmpfs defaults,noatime 0 0
tmpfs /var/run tmpfs defaults,noatime 0 0
tmpfs /var/tmp tmpfs defaults,noatime 0 0
tmpfs /var/lock tmpfs defaults,noatime 0 0
tmpfs /var/cache tmpfs defaults,noatime 0 0
/usr.sqsh /usr squashfs ro,defaults,noatime 0 0
/dev/mtdblock3 /recovery yaffs2 defaults 0 0
/dev/cardblksd1 /media/sdcard vfat rw,sync 0 0

So you're saying I could just mount the USB stick within fstab, and copy the XBMC directory to it, then run everything out of that?
yes, or just symlink .xbmc to your USB stick
Ok thanks guys, I'll change fstab to mount the USB stick into .xbmc and see if that works.

Actually, might try it with a smb share across to a windows machine. It can probably extract data across the network faster than it can through the USB port anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Large library fills up internal storage, XBMC stops.1