Android TV show scraper not scraping all files - missing some shows
Although my question refers to use on my OUYA console, this has also happened occasionally on XBMC installations on windows and on linux as well.

Basically, what happened is that I added my tv show folder (network drive) and movie folder (also network drive) to the XBMC library. I went through and scraped everything but what I noticed when I click on TV shows, it brings up all the shows with episode count to the right but some shows have no episode count. When I enter their folder, it appears empty. Problem is, they are not empty! There are in fact shows there. I have compared the invisible shows with the ones that show up in XBMC and the file naming conventions are the same, folder naming conventions, even the same file extensions, .mkv.

I've chosen "clean up library" but that doesn't help. Why is XBMC ignoring some shows' episodes and displaying a blank folder as if there were nothing inside?
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Most likely due to file naming issues. What are the exact folder and file names you are using for a show that has "missing" episodes?
Criminal Minds > Season 08 > Criminal.Minds.S08E01.The.Silencer.mkv

And thanks for the reply!

Those names are cut and pasted.
I would like to add that if I go to Videos>Files, the episodes appear. It's only if I choose "Movies" or "TV Shows" (where it shows an episode count) that they don't show.
Run a library update and check your debug log (wiki) to see why episodes in this show are not being picked up.

I'm assuming the "Criminal Minds" folder is co-located with all your other TV show folders (i.e., they all have the same parent folder) and it is assigned to a TV shows scraper rather than one for movies?
Yes, the folder is with the others.

Updating library has no effect.

I have even tried renaming episodes using the 01x01 method as opposed to S01E01. No go.
I will check the debug log and see. Do I need to run the log and update the library for the error to be caught?

LOG: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36671

Ummm, so looking at the log, I suppose my log is somewhat incriminating?
Looks like line 938 is where the problem is, no?
The folder/file names themselves seem to be fine (either S01E01 or 01x01 should work). To capture the diagnostic info, you need to enable debug logging in XBMC (System/Settings > System > Debugging > Enable debug logging), run your library update and then locate and examine your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) file to see if there's any indication as to why these episodes aren't being added to the library.
(2013-07-14, 00:21)artrafael Wrote: The folder/file names themselves seem to be fine (either S01E01 or 01x01 should work). To capture the diagnostic info, you need to enable debug logging in XBMC (System/Settings > System > Debugging > Enable debug logging), run your library update and then locate and examine your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) file to see if there's any indication as to why these episodes aren't being added to the library.

That's what I did. I posted the link. I can't see where the problem is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show scraper not scraping all files - missing some shows0