!! IMPORTANT !!
Please show your support for this plugin!! Signup today for USTVnow using the logo below!! Its free and includes a few standard definition streams.
Premium service offers High definition streams and more channels and DVR features.
Even if you already have an account, please use the link to acknowledge my referral.
!! IMPORTANT !! If you have a previous PseudoTV Live installation, before updating to the latest master you must !!
Delete the following folders:
Then check all settings, be sure to configure new options. Make sure not to forget:
XMLTV file path
Before exiting select "Force channel reset on next start"
Check and install all dependency modules, listed below.
Download Pseudotv Live (Master) - Latest Features
Recommended for autotune & Live Channels:
- plugin.video.ustvnow *Special edition needed with PseudoTV Live
Recommended for enhanced interface:
Master git changelog:
- Added support for old Pseudotv skins.
- Direct Plugin improvements...
- BCT Exclusion rule in advanced channel rules.
- New Directory Channel building, includes recursive sub-folder searching.
- Initial Direct Plugin Chtype. Gotham Only!!
- USTVnow Autotuning. Gotham Only!!
- PTVL Skin updates, Donor import fix and Directory Channel fix.
- PTVL Skin updates, A lot of bug fixes and tweaks.
- System Caching.
- Initial UPNP code (experimental, not fully working).
- Skins not displaying Fix, EPG Crash while content change Fix!
- Direct Artwork download for local media, includes art caching. Removed API's from settings.
- LiveTV Artwork reworked to include TVDB/TMDB in addition to Fanart.tv
- HDHomerun Autotune tweaks including network share support.
- Updated Gotham Support.
- Advertolog Commercial update.
- Youtube "Raw gdata" switch, BringthePopcorn Autotune changes, EPG speed tweaks and various bug corrections.
- Hdhomerun Strm Autotune w/EPG Info.
- New Youtube types (User Favorites, Search Query w/SafeSearch).
- BringthePopcorn Autotune and Chtype. All skins include VideoWindow and "ConCast" skin added *Thanks Redkiller223.
- Autotune Backup/Restore Channel Configuration tweaks.
- New Donor Activation/Update code, VideoWindow Patcher.
- Non-English Characters and Directory Channel fix.
- Updated HD-Trailer code *Thanks sphere, Added 1080p Resolution, Parsing limits and New Parsing types along with new sources (apple trailers, yahoo trailers).
- HDD Wake, Spin-up sleeping drive b4 video play.
- Superbowl 2014 Commercials (Donor Exclusive)
- Replaced VevoTV Autotune with Plugin links
- Improved LiveTV Dynamic Art
- Improved "Enhanced" LiveTV Parsing.
- Couchpotato Movie indicator.
- 'Failed Playback' Error handling...
- Gotham Support (no need to add root drive).
- Offair Video Selector (Local/Plugin Strm fallback video).
- Option to ignore strm files (Globally across all channels).
- Youtube Sort Options, tweaks and bug fixes...
- Media Limit fix, fixes for encoding problem and Clear LiveTV Art cache switch.
- More robust error handling (should fix premature exiting from PTVL).
- New Info window time "3", Artwork.Downloader Script support (download missing artwork).
- Tweaks, updates, fixes and Startup Channel Option.
- Page Up/Dn EPG Support, RR/FF disabled for chtypes 8,9.
- HD-trailers.net Trailer source (Donor Exclusive).
- Updated "Aurora" skin, strm "NFO" parser (matching nfo to strm parsed for <runtime> info).
- Superbowl commercials (Donor Exclusive).
- Various tweaks, and fixes, WIP Skin was improved and ARYEZ's Aurora skin was added.
- Donor Activation/Update Features setting switch
- Donor Exclusive "Internet" Autotune Channels
- Donor Exclusive "Internet" Commercial parsing 4 BCT's
- Coming Up Artwork tweaks
- LiveTV (Chtype 8) Channel bug disabled.
- Coming Up next artwork w/ type selector
- Plugin high level link validation (beta)
- VevoTV Fixed, added new channels.
- BCT file caching.
- BCT beta testing.
- USTVnow support removed
- Last.fm music video autotune, Smart description truncation.
- PVR Backend autotuning.
- WIP Skin enhancements (NextAired, Trakt.tv Trending)
- Strm file validation; if 1 links fails, a fallback link is written to keep channel from crashing.
- Youtube/RSS Code rewrite (optimized channel build, removed strm/nfo and increased limit to 1000).
- New WIP Skin, Autotune limit tweaks; possible fix for out of order episodes.
- Default skin updates, new skinning labels
- Genre parsing for Youtube/RSS & Local Media
- Dynamic artwork for Overlay/EPG
- Removed old skins until they are updated.
- EPG Color (Genre/Chtype)
- TVDB/TV-IMDB w/Sickbeard
- Error handling (rtmp,http,plugin).
- New Skin options, and selector.
- Autotune tweaks.
- Tweaks to channel rebuilding rules.
- NFS file sharing fix?
- Added Donor autotune enhancements; * indicates extra channels.
- Show info timer (5|10|15|20|25) seconds.
- Autotuning InternetTV Strms (Collection of strm sources, including channels based on your xbmc addons installed)
- USTVnow Autotuning EPG information w/o the need to configure XMLTV file...
- Corrected Chtype 8 _3 blank = xmltv (default)
- Autotuning added
- LiveTV EPG sync fix.
- Youtube limit reflects actual page limit. Limits changed to (100|150|200|250).
- Fixed Custom playlist in channel manager, fixed season naming for youtube channels...
- Youtube error handling, should fix blank screen on parse of bad youtube channels...
- Youtube/RSS parsing limit option (100|250|500|1000). less media parsing = faster load time.
- Force reset rules changed
- Added initial code for TVDB/TMDB integration to LiveTV
- Fixed Youtube playlists and improved parsing.
- Added url encoding removal from LiveTV, InternetTV Type (adds compatibility to encoded plugin:// links taken from XBMC favorites.xml).
- Added RSS channel type w/ optional strm/NFO file generation .
- Added Option to generate youtube strms and nfos along with each channel created. This adds optional xbmc library scraping for better content handling within PseudoTV Live (ie, Youtube Channel interleaving, etc).
- Enable option in settings, strm folder is located in userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/generated/youtube ("OPTIONAL" scrape this folder to add content to xbmc's library, this isn't needed for regular channel use ).
- Youtube Channels (manual configuration only , until testing is complete).
- XMLTV over SMB fixed, Small EPG Sync Tweaks
- Rules Visibility fixed
- Added Strm directory building (Choose "Directory" channel type from within PTVL's channel manager. Point to a directory filled with strms (no nfos or xbmc library scraping is necessary). Each individual strm will build with a default runtime of 90mins. Not recommended for 24/7 Type streams, but more for multiple "Generic" strms without a media type (ie not Movies or TV Shows).
- Small skin corrections and improvements.
PLEASE READ FIRST THREE POSTS BEFORE POSTING
Before running PseudoTV Live, Please configure settings
Using someone elses preconfigured settings2.xml is not supported, do not post for help if using a shared configuration!
Currently only manual settings2.xml configuration for new channel types.
If manual configuration looks complex... it isn't! I will do my best to help... once all bugs have been worked out I will add ez in app setup for everything.
Ultimate Guide to PseudoTV * Courtesy of Milkman
LiveTV PVR (Mediaportal) Autotune HOWTO * Courtesy of MovieJunky
What's the difference between PseudoTV and PseudoTV Live?
Jason102 created one of the most popular programs for XBMC. Which should be credited for bringing in a huge influx of new users via articles published by lifehacker, etc...
That being said this plugin in no way tries to shadow the work started by Jason, but merely to add options that deviate from the original nature of his program.
To my knowledge there has been two other PseudoTV spinoffs Jtucker's "TV-Time" which was abandoned a number of years ago; and Angrycamel's "LiveTV" Mod which allowed Hdhomerun w/ XMLTV EPG Info. Till now the "LiveTV" mod has been kept functional and up to date by me. Which is what lead to my revival of lost features and new ones. This plugin attempts to bring old features back, and new features forward; such as added tuner support, live internet feeds, rss and strm support and auto channel population.
In short the two plugins differ in that PseudoTV was designed for local media. PseudoTV Live adds tuner and internet features in addition to local media.
Beta release will include:
- LiveTV (Hdhomerun, VLC, IPTV) w/ XMLTV EPG Content (configurable channel names).
- InternetTV (strm, rtmp) w/o the need for nfo's (configurable channel names, duration, title and description).
- Various tweaks for strm support...
- Various overlay tweaks, and a custom skin:
- Two icons per channel (Overlay and EPG) so you can have a white channel bug, and a color channel icon in the EPG.
- Missing channel icon falls back to channel name
- Modified skin *core created by thedarkonaut, tman12.
- Media fanart, with fallbacks for missing art...
- Cleaned up EPG info, but community feedback on additions and changes would be appreciated.
- Channel Source indicators (hulu, hdhomerun, etc).
- A number of smaller tweaks no point in listing them all
Final release may include:
[✓] Dynamic artwork for EPG and Overlay.
[✓] Artwork downloading.
[✓] Donor Features.
[✓] Skin Selector, Skin tweaking.
[½] Music Channel Type
[✓] Music Video Channels with Internet Streaming features.
[✓] EZ channel configuration (Autotune).
[ ] Ability to add channels via XBMC favorites list.
[✓] Hdhomerun Tuner selection for channel sharing*core created by blazin912.
[✓] USTVnow w/ EPG data(Auto Tune)
[✓] Automatic Bumpers, Commercials, and Trailers w/ Online support (BCT's).
[✓] Youtube/RSS Channel types *parser core by peppy6582
[✓] TVDB/TMDB/IMDB/Fanart.TV Integration w/ trakt support
[½] Sickbeard / Couchpotato Integration (Map Record button to queue selected show for download, Visual indicators if show is managed by either program).
[✓] Error handling (dead link) filter.
[✓] Color Category EPG
[✓] Autostart Service *core created by Steveb1968
[ ] Channel Manager Tool (Windows Only)
[ ] Android Companion Tool
[ ] PVR (Recording Feature)
[ ] Virtual Movie Poster (Showtime) Integration.
[½] Direct Plugin directory channel building (ie. Mylibrary method without the need to build strms).
[✓] XBMC PVR Backend channel building (autotune)
[✓] Coming Up Next Artwork
[ ] Vevo Music Video Channel w/ EPG Information
[½] Settop Box mode, 24/7 Operation w/ self updating channels.
[½] UPNP Video Mirroring.
✓ = Added to master
½ = Added to master, but may not be fully functional yet.
Rules for posting:
Please read my first three posts before posting, I will update the first three post to keep information relevant and updated.
- Post 1 = General information
- Post 2 = Setup and configuration
- Post 3 = FAQ, Troubleshooting, bugs and compatibility
Please no strm or source requests!! Those questions should be asked in another thread.
Please report all bugs with a link to your log, no log... no reply! Repeated posts from a user concerning problems accompanied by no log == user added to my ignore list...
Inorder to post logs, you need to enable both Debugging in XBMC and in PTVL (under Misc settings).
Skin issues isn't a bug, so if you can include a link to a screenshot it would be appreciated.
Buy me a shot?
After donating please PM ME! with a subject "Donation" and include paypal email.
Once I verify your donation via email your login info will be sent, usually on Friday. Thanks
As a thank you gift for your donation you unlock the following features:
Donor Exclusive Chtype (14), currently featuring "BringthePopcorn.net" movie parsing... More site parsing coming soon!!
Exclusive Online commercial and trailer sources to use with BCT's.
Special thanks to:
- XBMC - Foundation
- jason102, angrycamel, jtucker1972 - Core Code and inspiration.
- ARYEZ, thedarkonaut, tman12, Redkiller223 - Skinning ideas and core code.
- peppy6582 - RSS/Youtube parsing core code.
- earlieb - EPG Sync Fix.
- twinther, LordIndy, ronie, mcorcoran, sphere and bradvido88 - Various coding.
- Steveb1968 - Autostart core code.
- scilz - Internet stream sourcing...
- blazin912 - HDhomerun Master/Slave mod.
- mwkurt, XvMMvX, spyder - Forum Help and support.
* All work is either original, or a modified code from the properly credited creators
Forgive grammatical mistakes and typo's this was written quickly and I have a lot of information to get out there... I will edit as i go!