Download - PseudoTV Live - Master (Latest Features)
MANUALLY INSTALL: Update by deleting the plugin folder and moving the new one in its place. After each master update you should always delete your PTVL "cache" folder and check settings for new options.
Download - PseudoTV Live - Stable
Outdated, Currently recommend master.
XBMC INSTALL: Stable release same as repo release.
Download - PseudoTV Live - XBMC Repository
Having problems with my repo, might not work.
XBMC INSTALL: Receive stable releases automatically.
I Do Not Support any premium features from the sources below!
Want premium features? Please contact the providers below and ask them to support this plugin!! Till then save your money... Without their support these features will be dropped!! by final build!!
Required for autotuning and new channel options.
- Download - USTVnow Plugin - Modified for PTVL
Plugin is needed for "Autotune" USTVnow LiveTV w/EPG. Autotune provides access to USTVnow's free streams.
- Download - Youtube Plugin - Official XBMC Repository
Plugin is needed for Youtube Channels.
- TGUN, JTV, Veetle...
Found at the HUB.
Master git changelog:
- TVDB/TV-IMDB w/Sickbeard
- Error handling (rtmp,http,plugin).
- New Skin options, and selector.
- Autotune tweaks.
- Tweaks to channel rebuilding rules.
- NFS file sharing fix?
- Added Donor autotune enhancements; * indicates extra channels.
- Show info timer (5|10|15|20|25) seconds.
- Autotuning InternetTV Strms (Collection of strm sources, including channels based on your xbmc addons installed)
- USTVnow Autotuning EPG information w/o the need to configure XMLTV file...
- Corrected Chtype 8 _3 blank = xmltv (default)
- Autotuning added
- LiveTV EPG sync fix.
- Youtube limit reflects actual page limit. Limits changed to (100|150|200|250).
- Fixed Custom playlist in channel manager, fixed season naming for youtube channels...
- Youtube error handling, should fix blank screen on parse of bad youtube channels...
- Youtube/RSS parsing limit option (100|250|500|1000). less media parsing = faster load time.
- Force reset rules changed
- Added initial code for TVDB/TMDB integration to LiveTV
- Fixed Youtube playlists and improved parsing.
- Added url encoding removal from LiveTV, InternetTV Type (adds compatibility to encoded plugin:// links taken from XBMC favorites.xml).
- Added RSS channel type w/ optional strm/NFO file generation .
- Added Option to generate youtube strms and nfos along with each channel created. This adds optional xbmc library scraping for better content handling within PseudoTV Live (ie, Youtube Channel interleaving, etc).
- Enable option in settings, strm folder is located in userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/generated/youtube ("OPTIONAL" scrape this folder to add content to xbmc's library, this isn't needed for regular channel use ).
- Youtube Channels (manual configuration only , until testing is complete).
- XMLTV over SMB fixed, Small EPG Sync Tweaks
- Rules Visibility fixed
- Added Strm directory building (Chose "Directory" channel type from within PTVL's channel manager. Point to a directory filled with strms (no nfos or xbmc library scraping is necessary). Each individual strm will build with a default runtime of 90mins. Not recommended for 24/7 Type streams, but more for multiple "Generic" strms without a media type (ie not Movies or TV Shows).
- Small skin corrections and improvements.
PLEASE READ FIRST THREE POSTS BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP OR QUESTIONS
!!This program does not support XBMC 13!! and will not until it's closer to final beta
Before running PseudoTV Live, Please configure settings first
Using someone elses preconfigured settings2.xml is not supported, do not post for help if usings a shared configuration!
Currently only manual settings2.xml configuration for new channel types.
If manual configuration looks complex... it isn't! I will do my best to help... once all bugs have been worked out I will add ez in app setup for everything.
Ultimate Guide to PseudoTV * Courtesy of Milkman
What's the difference between PseudoTV and PseudoTV Live?
Jason102 created one of the most popular programs for XBMC. Which should be credited for bringing in a huge influx of new users via articles published by lifehacker, etc...
That being said this plugin in no way tries to shadow the work started by Jason, but merely to add options that deviate from the original nature of his program.
To my knowledge there has been two other PseudoTV spinoffs Jtucker's "TV-Time" which was abandoned a number of years ago; and Angrycamel's "LiveTV" Mod which allowed Hdhomerun w/ XMLTV EPG Info. Till now the "LiveTV" mod has been kept functional and up to date by me. Which is what lead to my revival of lost features and new ones. This plugin attempts to bring old features back, and new features forward; such as added tuner support, live internet feeds, rss and strm support and auto channel population.
All updates that do not conflict with each other are synced between forks. In other words improvements made to PseudoTV are synced to PseudoTV Live, and non "live" updates to PseudoTV Live are synced to PseudoTV. Nothing is lost by using this plugin...
In short the two plugins differ in that PseudoTV was designed for local media. PseudoTV Live adds tuner and internet features.
Beta release will include:
- LiveTV (Hdhomerun, VLC, IPTV) w/ XMLTV EPG Content (configurable channel names).
- InternetTV (strm, rtmp) w/o the need for nfo's (configurable channel names, duration, title and description).
- Various tweaks for strm support...
- Various overlay tweaks, and a custom skin:
- Two icons per channel (Overlay and EPG) so you can have a white channel bug, and a color channel icon in the EPG.
- Missing channel icon falls back to channel name
- Modified skin *core created by thedarkonaut, tman12.
- Media fanart, with fallbacks for missing art...
- Cleaned up EPG info, but community feedback on additions and changes would be appreciated.
- Channel Source indicators (hulu, hdhomerun, etc).
- A number of smaller tweaks no point in listing them all
Final release may include:
[✓] Donators access to private LiveTV/InternetTV autotune sources.
[✓] Skin Selector, Skin tweaking.
[½] Music Channel Type
[✓] Music Video Channels with Internet Streaming features.
[✓] EZ channel configuration (Autotune).
[ ] Ability to add channels via XBMC favorites list.
[✓] Hdhomerun Tuner selection for channel sharing*core created by blazin912.
[½] Hdhomerun / USTVnow (Auto Tune) **USTVnow information courtesy of trigrhappy.
[ ] Automatic Bumpers, Commercials, and Trailers w/ Online support (BCT's).
[✓] Youtube/RSS Channel types *parser core by peppy6582
[ ] Support for External InternetTV databases (livestream,etc).
[½] TVDB/TMDB LiveTV Integration w/ trakt support
[½] Sickbeard / Couchpotato Integration (Map Record button to queue selected show for download, Visual indicators if show is managed by either program).
[✓] Error handling (dead link) filter.
[ ] LiveTV Color Category EPG
[✓] Autostart Service *core created by Steveb1968
[ ] Channel Manager Tool (Windows Only)
[ ] PVR (Recording Feature)
[ ] Virtual Movie Poster (Showtime) Integration.
✓ = Added to master
½ = Added to master, but may not be fully functional yet.
Rules for posting:
Please read my first three posts before posting, I will update the first three post to keep information relevant and updated.
- Post 1 = General information
- Post 2 = Setup and configuration
- Post 3 = FAQ, Troubleshooting, bugs and compatibility
I encourage everyone, novice to expert to share information and ideas on how to improve this plugin. You are free to fork my git, and contribute as you see fit... Share your skins, strms and internet sources, etc...
Please no strm or source requests!! Those questions should be asked in another thread.
Please report all bugs with a link to your log, no log... no reply!
Skin issues isn't a bug, so if you can include a link to a screenshot it would be appreciated.
Buy me a shot? Donation
Special thanks to:
- XBMC - Foundation
- jason102, angrycamel, jtucker1972 and bradvido88 - Core Code and inspiration.
- ARYEZ, thedarkonaut, tman12 - Skinning ideas and core code.
- peppy6582 - RSS/Youtube parsing core code.
- earlieb - EPG Sync Fix.
- twinther - Various core coding and support.
- Steveb1968 - Autostart core code.
- whufclee, scilz - Internet stream sourcing...
- blazin912 - HDhomerun Master/Slave mod.
- mwkurt, XvMMvX, spyder - Forum Help and support.
* All work is either original, or a modified code from the properly credited creators
Forgive grammatical mistakes and typo's this was written quickly and I have a lot of information to get out there... I will edit as i go!