• 367(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Have you tried these suggestions?
(2014-07-29, 22:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 22:26)RockDawg Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 01:52)Lunatixz Wrote: I just tested and Super Fav's works fine!

Not sure how you want me to answer this...

For one, if you are running the latest "Stable" copy it will suggest updates only if there is another "Stable" update available.

The Development branch was started to filter out unwanted bugs from being added to the "Stable" version. So if you are running the Development copy then it never self updates, it has to be done manually.

Basically if you run the stable copy it is required you update in-order to run the latest code. I do not support past versions...
I understand how it works. I'm just requesting a way to turn off the update notifications in the Dev version so some of us can wait and see if there are any issues before upgrading without having a nag screen until we do.

No, because you are supposed to update Tongue

As I stated before...The stable build should be bug free... and in all honestly I can't understand why anyone would run old code, there are many tweaks, and bug corrections that go unpublished... why you would want to run old code is beyond me.

If your argument is that you've tried the latest code (Stable and Development) and found a bug which is keeping you from using it... if you or another user doesn't bring it up, this bug could potential exists forever since I'm not seeing any issues on my end.

Can you at least provide older versions for those with issues? Right now I have an issue where PTVL causes XBMC to hang on exit in Windows. Is it a true bug? I don't know. All I know is I get the same problem on two different Windows computers running different Windows versions and I have the problem even when I've done a clean install of XBMC only installing addons needed for PTVL. If I disable or remove PTVL XBMC exits properly. Running PTVL on my OpenELEC boxes does not exhibit this problem. When I posted about it you said something is wrong on my end and you couldn't look into it right now because you were focused on adding some features for an upcoming release. My point is, if I have indeed stumbled across a bug like you mentioned above, it's not helping anyone like you posit above and may still "exist forever". The problem is made even worse when the Stable and Dev versions are the same as they are now. I can't even try going back to a previous version to see if that fixes the issue.
Rockdawg I just started looking into the same issue earlier today actually. Will post logs when I have time.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-08-02, 03:37)bry- Wrote: Rockdawg I just started looking into the same issue earlier today actually. Will post logs when I have time.

Thanks. I posted a log earlier. I'll see if I can find the post.

EDIT: Here is the post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1749060
(2014-08-02, 03:05)RockDawg Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 22:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 22:26)RockDawg Wrote: I understand how it works. I'm just requesting a way to turn off the update notifications in the Dev version so some of us can wait and see if there are any issues before upgrading without having a nag screen until we do.

No, because you are supposed to update Tongue

As I stated before...The stable build should be bug free... and in all honestly I can't understand why anyone would run old code, there are many tweaks, and bug corrections that go unpublished... why you would want to run old code is beyond me.

If your argument is that you've tried the latest code (Stable and Development) and found a bug which is keeping you from using it... if you or another user doesn't bring it up, this bug could potential exists forever since I'm not seeing any issues on my end.

Can you at least provide older versions for those with issues? Right now I have an issue where PTVL causes XBMC to hang on exit in Windows. Is it a true bug? I don't know. All I know is I get the same problem on two different Windows computers running different Windows versions and I have the problem even when I've done a clean install of XBMC only installing addons needed for PTVL. If I disable or remove PTVL XBMC exits properly. Running PTVL on my OpenELEC boxes does not exhibit this problem. When I posted about it you said something is wrong on my end and you couldn't look into it right now because you were focused on adding some features for an upcoming release. My point is, if I have indeed stumbled across a bug like you mentioned above, it's not helping anyone like you posit above and may still "exist forever". The problem is made even worse when the Stable and Dev versions are the same as they are now. I can't even try going back to a previous version to see if that fixes the issue.

Old versions are always available for download at my git repository... Logs = Fix!

(2014-08-02, 03:37)bry- Wrote: Rockdawg I just started looking into the same issue earlier today actually. Will post logs when I have time.

What exactly is the problem?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-08-02, 04:12)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 03:05)RockDawg Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 22:38)Lunatixz Wrote: No, because you are supposed to update Tongue

Old versions are always available for download at my git repository... Logs = Fix!

I did post a log. See the link in my reply to bry-. I don't mean to be dense, but how do I download an older version on GIT?
Luna. When exiting xbmc the ptvl process does not stop. So it hangs on exit. I have company so I cannot provide you logs this weekend.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-08-02, 04:25)RockDawg Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 04:12)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 03:05)RockDawg Wrote: Can you at least provide older versions for those with issues? Right now I have an issue where PTVL causes XBMC to hang on exit in Windows. Is it a true bug? I don't know. All I know is I get the same problem on two different Windows computers running different Windows versions and I have the problem even when I've done a clean install of XBMC only installing addons needed for PTVL. If I disable or remove PTVL XBMC exits properly. Running PTVL on my OpenELEC boxes does not exhibit this problem. When I posted about it you said something is wrong on my end and you couldn't look into it right now because you were focused on adding some features for an upcoming release. My point is, if I have indeed stumbled across a bug like you mentioned above, it's not helping anyone like you posit above and may still "exist forever". The problem is made even worse when the Stable and Dev versions are the same as they are now. I can't even try going back to a previous version to see if that fixes the issue.

I did post a log. See the link in my reply to bry-. I don't mean to be dense, but how do I download an older version on GIT?

I reviewed that log, and only see that you are using channel sharing incorrectly read post 2 for info... to download old builds, you need to click commit look through changes click the build you want then click download.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hey Luna, not to bug, but have you looked into those R Pi logs that I sent you?
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
Hello all,newbie here... I would appreciate if anyone could direct me to how to install Pseudotv Live on an appletv2 - I've been looking but cant find the respository for the addon

I am using XBMC - Gotham

Thanks in advance for your help
Has anyone managed to get JustinTV plugin streams working? I'm pretty close by adding a live stream type to the XML which loads in PTVL but it loads "paused". If I hit Play the stream will play for 5 seconds then stop and not start again.

The stream plays fine in the JustinTV plugin just wondered if anyone had it working before I investigate further.
(2014-08-02, 10:29)freed1b Wrote: Hello all,newbie here... I would appreciate if anyone could direct me to how to install Pseudotv Live on an appletv2 - I've been looking but cant find the respository for the addon

I am using XBMC - Gotham

Try installing PTVL from a zip file instead. The link is in post 1. You can choose from there I'd you want stable or development. I dint think there's a repo with PTVL, but I could be wrong. If you need helping finding/installing PTVL, let us know-we'll be more than happy to help!
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
Hi all, is it possible to use the 24/7 streams from the cliq addon
and also the uk streams from ftv, as they all crash pseudo tv on autotune
how is this done if possible. if tried useing the examples provided

thank you
(2014-08-02, 15:30)ryanmcclure Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 10:29)freed1b Wrote: Hello all,newbie here... I would appreciate if anyone could direct me to how to install Pseudotv Live on an appletv2 - I've been looking but cant find the respository for the addon

I am using XBMC - Gotham

Try installing PTVL from a zip file instead. The link is in post 1. You can choose from there I'd you want stable or development. I dint think there's a repo with PTVL, but I could be wrong. If you need helping finding/installing PTVL, let us know-we'll be more than happy to help!

Thanks, can you advise how to install from zip on an appletv? I guess I have to ssh to the appletv and copy the file there. is that correct?
(2014-08-02, 17:01)freed1b Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 15:30)ryanmcclure Wrote:

I am using XBMC - Gotham

Thanks, can you advise how to install from zip on an appletv? I guess I have to ssh to the appletv and copy the file there. is that correct?

You can ssh it in, that's correct. Then, go to Settings > add-ons > Install from Zip File. navigate to the file and select it. It should install then. If you get an error, send us a log and we'll help you debug! Smile
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
  • 367(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45