• 383(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Hi,

I'm new to PseudoTv Live.I'm running XBMC with Media portal as backend and I just installed the PseudoTv Live master as you suggested in your guide.Also I have all dependencies installed.One question XMLTv .xml file contains the stream files also or is just for EPG and I need the stream file to actually see the Live Tv/Internet TV?I can see with Pseudo TV only the channels scanned with my Analog Tunner.Also I have installed the USTV now add on the special edition ( username and password from USTVnow entered in configuration) but it says that cannot load channels from USTVnow.Thank you.
(2014-08-28, 18:38)DarkKnight Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 19:47)Lunatixz Wrote: Is the community network dead? I don't see any new contributions... if this continues the list will be closed to contributors only!

Current contributors are exempt from any future lock outs:
  • scilzmca
    parraBR
    johnnyparanoia
    PTVLRedkiller
    ryanmichaelmcclure
    Peppy6582
If you contributed and are not on the above list, PM me please... The rest will be removed, and won't have access to the community list autotuning.

This feature was requested, and is used by many... but it's off the back of others, which wasn't the point of the community. Its not hard to share Smile

Personally, I don't use this feature. I'm having problems just getting PSTL to run at all. That said, I find this selfish attitude particularly disturbing. If the XBMC project as a whole were locked down to only contributing users, I wonder what the community would look like then? What about youtube, TVDB, wikipedia, etc? It's the same amount of work for the contributors if 1 person, or 1 million people use their lists (bandwidth aside). All community projects have a relatively small number of contributors compared to users. It should never be characterized as 'off the backs of others'. If that is your attitude, FOSS is probably not for you, acknowledging that part of PSTL is already locked down behind a pay (donate) wall.

Punishing users for 'not contributing' by locking them out entirely is a ridiculous knee jerk reaction to the problem. I'm quite certain you'd have a larger number of contributors if the process for doing so was a lot simpler and well marketed. You'll never grow your user base with negative reinforcement. Rolleyes

You're over reacting to my post, there is nothing selfish about it! It's there to provoke conversation, and to air out my decision making...
I don't use the feature (it was added by request)... but i'm left maintaining it. Seem fair? don't you think I have better things to do? (like adding features that will get used!).
What would have been selfish is shutting it down completely screwing the users who put time into filling the lists... but instead i'm contemplating cutting my losses and moving on... leaving the list maintable to the few that use it...

This isn't wiki, youtube, or tvdb... I don't have revenues... so you are comparing apples and oranges... I'm a one man show with a job, family... and before this project a life, lol

Also your perception of what donor features are is highly misinformed! So what is it donor features offer that isn't available for free? can you answer that? "lock down behind pay wall" what a joker you are...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-08-28, 14:27)bry- Wrote:
(2014-08-28, 14:01)oval61251 Wrote: Do you need a cable card from your TV provider for this to work? Also how do I input these codes when running OpenELEC?

read the first 3 posts.

Yeah I already did and I did again. Nothing stands out to me, since I am very new to XBMC alot of this stuff is over my head.
(2014-08-28, 19:20)oval61251 Wrote:
(2014-08-28, 14:27)bry- Wrote:
(2014-08-28, 14:01)oval61251 Wrote: Do you need a cable card from your TV provider for this to work? Also how do I input these codes when running OpenELEC?

read the first 3 posts.

Yeah I already did and I did again. Nothing stands out to me, since I am very new to XBMC alot of this stuff is over my head.

What are you trying to do? watch "wired pay cable" or "OTA" TV on PTVL?

Can someone tell me what problems they are expenicing with mute? I know about mute on start... that was fixed, but is there another problem?
(2014-08-28, 19:43)Lunatixz Wrote: Can someone tell me what problems they are expenicing with mute? I know about mute on start... that was fixed, but is there another problem?

was that fixed in the current dev build? I am running the latest stable and getting the mute on start result. If it is in the dev build when I get home I can grab and test to confirm.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-08-28, 20:25)bry- Wrote:
(2014-08-28, 19:43)Lunatixz Wrote: Can someone tell me what problems they are expenicing with mute? I know about mute on start... that was fixed, but is there another problem?

was that fixed in the current dev build? I am running the latest stable and getting the mute on start result. If it is in the dev build when I get home I can grab and test to confirm.

I get a mute on start icon ( Red Speaking with Line through it) All though nothign is actually muted within PTVL.
(2014-08-28, 20:59)druiz Wrote:
(2014-08-28, 20:25)bry- Wrote:

I get a mute on start icon ( Red Speaking with Line through it) All though nothign is actually muted within PTVL.
I get the icon, and the audio is muted within PTVL. I am running the latest dev build (as of last night) and I use hdmi audio out.
Hi Lunatix,

When I change to a new channel the Mute icon shows up on the right top corner and no sound.I turn up the volume and I can here the sound.If I change the channel again same thing.
2 general questions for the group:

1) Has anyone been successful getting this up and running on an ATV2? It installs, autotune works and the initial load of channels looks correct, but on first launch of the add-on XBMC crashes back to frontrow. My guess is that I'm missing a dependency so my noob question is...

2)how do I actually install the dependencies listed for this add-on?

(Running Gotham 13.2)

Thanks in advance!
I'm going to push a stable update tonight to fix mute... anything else I need to know about ?
(2014-08-28, 19:13)Lunatixz Wrote: You're over reacting to my post, there is nothing selfish about it! It's there to provoke conversation, and to air out my decision making...
I don't use the feature (it was added by request)... but i'm left maintaining it. Seem fair? don't you think I have better things to do? (like adding features that will get used!).
What would have been selfish is shutting it down completely screwing the users who put time into filling the lists... but instead i'm contemplating cutting my losses and moving on... leaving the list maintable to the few that use it...

This isn't wiki, youtube, or tvdb... I don't have revenues... so you are comparing apples and oranges... I'm a one man show with a job, family... and before this project a life, lol

Also your perception of what donor features are is highly misinformed! So what is it donor features offer that isn't available for free? can you answer that? "lock down behind pay wall" what a joker you are...

I'm not a joker. It's a serious concern. Fairness doesn't play into it. You added the feature into your project. If you don't want to support it, remove it. Fairness has nothing to do with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that someone picked up the psudeoTV idea. I think it's a very important part of replacing traditional cable. That said, try to maintain some perspective on the matter. You should be looking to recruit other coders to help build and expand your project. Not trying to saddle your self with feature creep, and doing everything solo. At that pace, you're likely to burn out, and the project will be left abandoned again. You aren't one of the larger projects, but you took the wrong thing away from my analogy. All of those started as pretty small community sites and grew from there, not by locking out other users, but by finding better ways to enable them to contribute. Wink
(2014-08-29, 01:00)DarkKnight Wrote:
(2014-08-28, 19:13)Lunatixz Wrote: You're over reacting to my post, there is nothing selfish about it! It's there to provoke conversation, and to air out my decision making...

I'm not a joker. It's a serious concern. Fairness doesn't play into it. You added the feature into your project. If you don't want to support it, remove it. Fairness has nothing to do with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that someone picked up the psudeoTV idea. I think it's a very important part of replacing traditional cable. That said, try to maintain some perspective on the matter. You should be looking to recruit other coders to help build and expand your project. Not trying to saddle your self with feature creep, and doing everything solo. At that pace, you're likely to burn out, and the project will be left abandoned again. You aren't one of the larger projects, but you took the wrong thing away from my analogy. All of those started as pretty small community sites and grew from there, not by locking out other users, but by finding better ways to enable them to contribute. Wink

I agree that help would be appreciated, and a few coders have helped along the way...
Personally I also don't mind coding solo, but the community list isn't coding, and requires weekly attention!
Otherwise the list will grow old and I don't want to be one of those list based addons that become unusable years down the road because nobody is maintaining it...

Which is why i'm trying to kick start it... my approach may be harsh to you, considered trolling by others... but i've tried the nice approach...

BTW you didn't answer my question about donor features... because i'm deeply offended by your statement that I run a pay program.
[quoteLunatixz' pid='1783244' dateline='1409264090']
I'm going to push a stable update tonight to fix mute... anything else I need to know about ?
[/quote]

Donor features not working and Ustv keeps reloading every few seconds. Do you need log or is this a known issue.
(2014-08-29, 01:39)bigsteel99 Wrote: [quoteLunatixz' pid='1783244' dateline='1409264090']

Donor features not working and Ustv keeps reloading every few seconds. Do you need log or is this a known issue.
[/quote]

What donor feature isn't working?

UStvnow? keeps on reloading? can you give me details... not really sure what that means Smile
(2014-08-29, 01:57)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-08-29, 01:39)bigsteel99 Wrote: [quoteLunatixz' pid='1783244' dateline='1409264090']

What donor feature isn't working?

UStvnow? keeps on reloading? can you give me details... not really sure what that means Smile
[/quote]

When I put in my user name and password and click enter nothing happens. Ustv would play for a couple of seconds then cut out reload and start playing again. I noticed that after a couple of minutes Ustv has returned to normal.
  • 383(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45