• 390(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-09-02, 15:47)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 14:33)bry- Wrote:
(2014-09-01, 23:13)Lunatixz Wrote: can you test dev build v.0.4.8c has playon autotune... can't get amazon to work (never really had success with playon, amazon)... need you to test for me please.
Thanks

can't get v.0.4.8c - when I pull from https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...evelopment it gives me v.0.4.8a. full nuke of xbmc install and fresh download. unless the version# wasn't updated in the program description

Development build will always show up as the last stable version number. Use the commit title as a reference to version number.

got it! PlayOn works just fine - takes me about 30 seconds to load a video. Thanks for this
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-09-02, 17:12)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 17:09)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 16:21)Rastan Wrote: Hi Luna,
thanks for the updates, new features and your continuing hard work. I have been having a problem with PTVL as of late that effects both of my PC's. When I leave PTVL to play it chokes up on certain files it plays. I have no idea which of my local files it doesnt like as it apears randomly. When it happens I see a black screen with the standby symbol. I can hear the sound playing but stuttering. At this point PTVL is unusable and I have to open the task manager to force quit XBMC. At the time of the crashes XBMC also generates a stacktrace and a crashlog at a rate of 1 per second. I end up with 10's of thousands in my userdata folder taking up gigabytes of space. I don't have any problems playing any of my media in standard XBMC. XBMC has as long as I have used it played anything I throw at it. I have tried the development and stable builds.

Here is a link to a log and a sample of the crashlog files. I hope you can help. LOG

Your log doesn't have any clear errors from PseudoTV Live... Looks like you have a lot of plugins and misc things installed on your XBMC. Any of those things can be causing an issue or conflict with PTVL.

I would start completely clean with the min needed for PTVL, and see if the crash happens again. I'd also make sure to install the latest version of metahandler.

ok, thanks for the reply. I will give that a try. Blush

Update: I googled for "metahandler" and found a repo called S****repo. (It may be against forum rules posting it). It updated a load of my plugins but I never saw anything about metahandler. I eventually found a git for it and downloaded and updated it manually. Done a little testing by launching PTVL and changing channels. It hasnt crashed thus far. I think it may have fixed the problem. If that doesnt work I will continue by deleting unneeded plugins. If that doesnt work I'm coming down to your house with the family to watch TV at yours...LOL Tongue

..But seriously thanks for the help.

Stay away from Superrepo, it will fill your XBMC with outdated plugins!!

(2014-09-02, 18:15)bry- Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 15:47)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 14:33)bry- Wrote: can't get v.0.4.8c - when I pull from https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...evelopment it gives me v.0.4.8a. full nuke of xbmc install and fresh download. unless the version# wasn't updated in the program description

Development build will always show up as the last stable version number. Use the commit title as a reference to version number.

got it! PlayOn works just fine - takes me about 30 seconds to load a video. Thanks for this

I noticed netflix has the fastest load times about 5s... hulu about 8 and amazon for me 15s.

Don't forget because the settop box mode isn't finished playon channel will expire every few hours. Once settop is finished PTVL will auto update channels hourly.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-09-02, 18:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 17:09)Lunatixz Wrote: Your log doesn't have any clear errors from PseudoTV Live... Looks like you have a lot of plugins and misc things installed on your XBMC. Any of those things can be causing an issue or conflict with PTVL.

I would start completely clean with the min needed for PTVL, and see if the crash happens again. I'd also make sure to install the latest version of metahandler.

Update: I googled for "metahandler" and found a repo called S****repo. (It may be against forum rules posting it). It updated a load of my plugins but I never saw anything about metahandler. I eventually found a git for it and downloaded and updated it manually. Done a little testing by launching PTVL and changing channels. It hasnt crashed thus far. I think it may have fixed the problem. If that doesnt work I will continue by deleting unneeded plugins. If that doesnt work I'm coming down to your house with the family to watch TV at yours...LOL Tongue

(2014-09-02, 15:47)Lunatixz Wrote: Development build will always show up as the last stable version number. Use the commit title as a reference to version number.

I noticed netflix has the fastest load times about 5s... hulu about 8 and amazon for me 15s.

Don't forget because the settop box mode isn't finished playon channel will expire every few hours. Once settop is finished PTVL will auto update channels hourly.

Thanks for the headsup. I will delete the repo now! I think I have found the problem with why it was crashing. I have just realised when I download plugins manually from git I left the folder name as is. e.g "script.random_addon-master" Then when XBMC updates through a repo it downloads it with the real name and updates and leaves the original. So I end up with 2 addons. I have just fished out a few from my addons folder. Now PTVL hasnt crashed since. I am still testing though, fingers crossed Big Grin
Hi Luna,

Not sure if you had a chance to examine my original log but it was a bit long so I made a smaller / cleaner version to save messing you about (load xbmc, load PTVL).

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=284555

Thanks again, G
(2014-09-02, 17:09)Lunatixz Wrote: Your log doesn't have any clear errors from PseudoTV Live... Looks like you have a lot of plugins and misc things installed on your XBMC. Any of those things can be causing an issue or conflict with PTVL.

(2014-09-02, 15:47)Lunatixz Wrote: Development build will always show up as the last stable version number. Use the commit title as a reference to version number.

Will settop box mode be able to run mc2xml?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-09-02, 20:57)bry- Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 17:12)Rastan Wrote: ok, thanks for the reply. I will give that a try. Blush

(2014-09-02, 18:15)bry- Wrote: got it! PlayOn works just fine - takes me about 30 seconds to load a video. Thanks for this

Not at the moment, settop mode will be the same as the advanced channel setting "reset x days" except it will be "x hours" and won't require PTVL to exit and start to update channel contents.
(2014-09-02, 21:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 20:57)bry- Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 18:15)Lunatixz Wrote: Stay away from Superrepo, it will fill your XBMC with outdated plugins!!

Not at the moment, settop mode will be the same as the advanced channel setting "reset x days" except it will be "x hours" and won't require PTVL to exit and start to update channel contents.

Sounds good. Thanks Luna

IMPORTANT:
(2014-09-02, 15:35)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 15:21)VaLeN Wrote: Hi Luna,

Indeed, I found this:

[*] New Overlay Keymaps - Showsubtitles, NextSubtitle, CodecInfo and aspectratio.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I am looking for something different, Iwas looking for a way to access the subtitle search add-on.
With this I can find subtitles via opensubtitles.org etc. It's not about turning subtitles on or off or swapping between them.

Thanks again!!

Out of curiosity did you try my sub feature? It should use the sub service available in Gotham and up.
It should launch search sub, as long as you set it up in xbmcs settings.

Let me know if this works for you...

I think you mean the keymap editor? I can not find a way to launch the sub service.
Only showsubitle, Next subtitle etc...

Thanks again
(2014-09-02, 21:26)bry- Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 21:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 20:57)bry- Wrote: Will settop box mode be able to run mc2xml?

Sounds good. Thanks Luna

Do you have netflix? if so, let me know if you're experiencing the same load times...
So far out of the three services (amazon,netflix,hulu). Using Playon w/PTVL I would have to recommend Netflix...
Load times seem really fast and so far all my shows load without error. Hulu also loads all my shows but a little slower than netflix (and they all include commercials).
Amazon, well sucks atm! I've never had it load correctly through playon...
(2014-09-02, 22:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 21:26)bry- Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 21:04)Lunatixz Wrote: Not at the moment, settop mode will be the same as the advanced channel setting "reset x days" except it will be "x hours" and won't require PTVL to exit and start to update channel contents.

Sounds good. Thanks Luna

Do you have netflix? if so, let me know if you're experiencing the same load times...
So far out of the three services (amazon,netflix,hulu). Using Playon w/PTVL I would have to recommend Netflix...
Load times seem really fast and so far all my shows load without error. Hulu also loads all my shows but a little slower than netflix (and they all include commercials).
Amazon, well sucks atm! I've never had it load correctly through playon...

Similar load times. Not a hulu user so no input on that.

IMPORTANT:
I can't seem to get this to scan my library and add them as channels, I have used psuedotv before with no problems but I just discovered psuedotvlive and tried to add it to a new android box however it doesn't seem to work. It opens up fine and goes straight to a YouTube BBC station however it doesn't automatically scan my library and make the channels like plain pseudoTV did. Is there a way to force it to scan the library or do I have to add all the stations manually? I tested manual add with a channel containing one TV show and it worked but as I said, it won't populate automatically. I also uninstalled, erased both cache and settings files, and reinstalled to see if it picked them up but it didnt.

This is great software and my bedroom android box has the regular pseudoTV which works and I use it everyday. Anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks!! Big Grin[/align]
I`m confused by the new overlay keymaps for subtitles etc. What buttons do I press?
(2014-09-03, 00:03)darkjedig Wrote: I can't seem to get this to scan my library and add them as channels, I have used psuedotv before with no problems but I just discovered psuedotvlive and tried to add it to a new android box however it doesn't seem to work. It opens up fine and goes straight to a YouTube BBC station however it doesn't automatically scan my library and make the channels like plain pseudoTV did. Is there a way to force it to scan the library or do I have to add all the stations manually? I tested manual add with a channel containing one TV show and it worked but as I said, it won't populate automatically. I also uninstalled, erased both cache and settings files, and reinstalled to see if it picked them up but it didnt.

This is great software and my bedroom android box has the regular pseudoTV which works and I use it everyday. Anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks!! Big Grin[/align]
Try autotune under settings.Select the type of channels you want.PLTV will do the jobSmile
@Lunatixz - will it ever be possible for me to setup something similar to this photo below on my logitech harmony remote? Direct chan mappings of the sorts?
edit, holy crap sorry for large img

IMPORTANT:
I'm migrating over to PTV Live now after regular PTV wont load on my new Fire TV. I should have done this a while ago since it wasn't being maintained. Everything is working great, but how do I get my custom skin to show up as one of the options in the settings? Other than replacing the files of an existing skin? Am I missing something simple?
  • 390(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45