• 414(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-09-19, 09:12)stubk Wrote:
(2014-09-14, 21:29)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-14, 14:29)right21 Wrote: There's a bug i've always been experiencing that has never been fixed throughout all the updates, most of the times when i change channel (like 99.7% of the times), it doesn't keep playing the video from real time. it's just reset the video and play it from the beginning. why? and I emphasizing, THAT IS A BUG - cause seldom it works fine (keep on from real time), but often it just resets the video to the beginning.
Just that you'll understand what I mean, here's what happened when I went through all my channel (you see every video got reset):

Its a known issue with XBMC's subtitle service. If you remove your subtitle files from the same folder the media is in... Seek will work properly.

I'm also experiencing this 'bug', and I dont use subtitles and have no .sub or .srt files in my media folders. Are you sure subtitles are definitely the cause of this ??

Search the thread, there are only three reasons a show won't seek.
1. Sub bug
2. No seek info (show was meant not to seek).
3. Show is a strm or plugin and its original seek time was greater then 3/4th the runtime.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-09-19, 14:03)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 09:12)stubk Wrote:
(2014-09-14, 21:29)Lunatixz Wrote: Its a known issue with XBMC's subtitle service. If you remove your subtitle files from the same folder the media is in... Seek will work properly.

I'm also experiencing this 'bug', and I dont use subtitles and have no .sub or .srt files in my media folders. Are you sure subtitles are definitely the cause of this ??

1. Sub bug
3. Show is a strm or plugin and its original seek time was greater then 3/4th the runtime.

None of these apply - all my media are local files and there are no subtitle files anywhere.

As for point 2, the shows are seek-able - when you first switch to a channel the show can be in progress, but changing channel up and then back down again will reset the show to the beginning.

I've cleared all the settings and the cache and set up just two channels of type 6 (tv show) and can easily reproduce the bug. Would a debug log be useful?
(2014-09-19, 14:47)stubk Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 14:03)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 09:12)stubk Wrote: I'm also experiencing this 'bug', and I dont use subtitles and have no .sub or .srt files in my media folders. Are you sure subtitles are definitely the cause of this ??

1. Sub bug

None of these apply - all my media are local files and there are no subtitle files anywhere.

As for point 2, the shows are seek-able - when you first switch to a channel the show can be in progress, but changing channel up and then back down again will reset the show to the beginning.

I've cleared all the settings and the cache and set up just two channels of type 6 (tv show) and can easily reproduce the bug. Would a debug log be useful?

Perhaps, I'll take a look
(2014-09-19, 14:03)Lunatixz Wrote: Perhaps, I'll take a look

ok - I've created a log with these steps:

1. 2 channels, channel 1 is tv show Carnivale, channel 2 is Doctor Who (2005), cache is deleted before starting pseudotv
  2. pseudotv starts on channel 1, Carnivale S01E09 is about 1 minute in - watched for 10 minutes
  3. channel up - on channel 2, Doctor Who (2005) S06E13 is 10 minutes in
  4. channel down - on channel 1 Carnivale S01E09 starts at the beginning
  5. channel up - on channel 2 Doctor Who resumes at the correct place
  6. pressed stop

Here's the log:
http://pastebin.com/XzsAVVgB
Hope it means something to you!
(2014-09-19, 15:59)stubk Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 14:03)Lunatixz Wrote: Perhaps, I'll take a look

ok - I've created a log with these steps:

1. 2 channels, channel 1 is tv show Carnivale, channel 2 is Doctor Who (2005), cache is deleted before starting pseudotv
  2. pseudotv starts on channel 1, Carnivale S01E09 is about 1 minute in - watched for 10 minutes
  3. channel up - on channel 2, Doctor Who (2005) S06E13 is 10 minutes in
  4. channel down - on channel 1 Carnivale S01E09 starts at the beginning
  5. channel up - on channel 2 Doctor Who resumes at the correct place
  6. pressed stop

Here's the log:
http://pastebin.com/XzsAVVgB
Hope it means something to you!

Nothing stands out... and honestly I'm having a really tough time reproducing the problem on my end.

So it's either not the same "subtitle bug"/"seek bug" and is a side effect to something I broke and fixed already? and in that case will be fixed in the next update or it's the same bug?
Another two possibilities I forget to mention is if the subtitle is included in the meta tag or if the video was poorly encoded.

Trust me I know of the bug, its been fixed as much as possible on my end... if it's really a problem for you go back to Frodo the bug isn't there.. it showed up when the Gotham subtitle service was added.
Before I completely delete and reinstall everything, I mean everything: XBMC, PTVL, Maybe someone can save my sanity. I just updated (auto update) to PTVL 0.5.0 and I keep getting pseudotv.py script error. I thought that this error was due to out of date dependencies. I have checked and downloaded new ones, reinstalled them, but so far it hasn't resolved the issue.

I have tried installing them from .zip through XBMC...no luck.
Tried unzipping to Addon folder...no luck.
Tried running as Admin...no luck.

A quick look by anyone would be appreciated. Thanks
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=298105
(2014-09-20, 01:57)Jadiusatreu Wrote: Before I completely delete and reinstall everything, I mean everything: XBMC, PTVL, Maybe someone can save my sanity. I just updated (auto update) to PTVL 0.5.0 and I keep getting pseudotv.py script error. I thought that this error was due to out of date dependencies. I have checked and downloaded new ones, reinstalled them, but so far it hasn't resolved the issue.

what skin did you select? try changing it...
(2014-09-20, 02:33)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 01:57)Jadiusatreu Wrote: Before I completely delete and reinstall everything, I mean everything: XBMC, PTVL, Maybe someone can save my sanity. I just updated (auto update) to PTVL 0.5.0 and I keep getting pseudotv.py script error. I thought that this error was due to out of date dependencies. I have checked and downloaded new ones, reinstalled them, but so far it hasn't resolved the issue.

what skin did you select? try changing it...

Ah, damn. That was it. I somehow changed it to custom. And that threw it for a loop. Great catch. Many thanks Luna!
Unless you have a high en pc dont try this add on , its so o on beta testing its unbelievable!! It will mess your system with euther a mute button or it will give you random crashes,! !! On a high end pc works!! But on boxes?? Hah!! A 6nightmare!! Android users jut tY away!! It will just mute your system if it crashes!!great idea on pc but not in boxes!! High end Pc only addon!!

Just look at my profile and look at the answers and the help i got from this addon!!
I think it has to due more with the human then the box I have it working on my pc,ouya,phone,tablet,laptop only thing I have had a problem getting it to work on was original Xbox but that was a long time ago. I think if people did more reading and less bitching they would have better results.
(2014-09-20, 03:03)xavier.ba Wrote: Unless you have a high en pc dont try this add on , its so o on beta testing its unbelievable!! It will mess your system with euther a mute button or it will give you random crashes,! !! On a high end pc works!! But on boxes?? Hah!! A 6nightmare!! Android users jut tY away!! It will just mute your system if it crashes!!great idea on pc but not in boxes!! High end Pc only addon!!

It works perfectly fine on my Amazon Fire TV. A few minor quibbles but certainly nothing that slows things down or is unwatchable. (And I am the picky type that hates frame loss.)

I though you were done with this addon? Go play somewhere else if you can't figure it out.
Anybody in New York City in the 5 boro to help in person how to work all my add ons correctly and show me how to work everything else and teach me new trick on gbox mx2 midnight I have please help a brother out
It works on aftv in basic but do a full auto tune and you will know this addon its meant for a good pc!! 10%of users! On a box dont even dream about it!! Its like tiring to play a pc game with all settings on with a regular grafix card !! Not for the average user!! If you want to try a box there are so many better options!! This is like a club !! No ideas needed!!
(2014-09-20, 03:03)xavier.ba Wrote: Unless you have a high en pc dont try this add on , its so o on beta testing its unbelievable!! It will mess your system with euther a mute button or it will give you random crashes,! !! On a high end pc works!! But on boxes?? Hah!! A 6nightmare!! Android users jut tY away!! It will just mute your system if it crashes!!great idea on pc but not in boxes!! High end Pc only addon!!

Just look at my profile and look at the answers and the help i got from this addon!!

(2014-09-20, 03:38)xavier.ba Wrote: It works on aftv in basic but do a full auto tune and you will know this addon its meant for a good pc!! 10%of users! On a box dont even dream about it!! Its like tiring to play a pc game with all settings on with a regular grafix card !! Not for the average user!! If you want to try a box there are so many better options!! This is like a club !! No ideas needed!!
You again? Unless you have something positive to contribute go away. Plenty of people have this working just fine. Don't blame the dev cause you are an idiot.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Anyone using hdhomerun prime with a cable card?

Can you tell me what the naming scheme is for the upnp channel lineup list? does it use conventional naming ie, WNBC, WCBS ?
  • 414(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45