• 420(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-09-23, 22:13)Antisthenes Wrote: 0.5.0...it was on auto in the previous version(I'm not sure which one I had before this one)...and I was just playing with it and changed the number and auto wasn't a choice anymore. No problems though if it's not a feature anymore then that's cool.

you might have a corrupt settings.xml, because that feature was disabled a really long time ago...

If you saw "Auto" up till recently I would click default settings in PTVL which will update the settings.xml
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I was hoping someone might be able to give me some guidance. I'm having trouble with interleaving and tried to search the thread but had no luck.

Basically, I'm going exactly what Milkman has in his guide in that I want to interleave a Bumper channel and an Advert channel. I created a smart playlist for each item and then I added the channels to my configuration and used "Don't use this channel" to hide them. I then went to my main channel and added the interleave rule. For example:

Channel 121, min=1, max=1 & Channel 163 min=2, max=2

But when I watch the channel it just skips to the next episode and plays nothing. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong. The bumpers and commercials appear in their respective playlists just fine. Thanks for the help!
(2014-09-23, 19:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-23, 19:26)tromy Wrote:
(2014-09-23, 18:30)Lunatixz Wrote: change1
ahh i never thought about ppl using xmltv's they didn't generate... could be an issue... I'll come up with a way to toggle offsets
how are you using it with PTVL? did you write code? are you locally copying the file to your pc then using PTVL?

change2
there is a reason I disabled that action, you might experience random menu popups...

if all you want is subtitles you don't need to go through that menu... you can toggle it on and off with the subtitle key Smile if you want to download them set up that feature in xbmc settings... you prob never set the service up... once setup the toggle will trigger the service to download

Change 1
I don't write code neither copy something.The greek tv plugin downloads automatically, to it's folder, the xmltv every 3 days.All I do is to point to that folder from PLTV settings and force reset live channels every 3 days

can you send me a copy to check out?

::FEEDBACK::

Anyone using the new HDhomerun UPNP Autotune? is it matching your channels with your xmltv file?

I just tested the HDhomerun UPNP Autotune and it seemed to match all channels that were in my xmltv and in my favorites on hdhomerun prime.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv4dwoquydz74i9/info.rar?dl=0

Here's the files as promised. Unlike darkdate I selected favorites. I don't know if that makes a difference. I am going to try selecting the root of hdhomerun

Edit: Adding HDHomerun root only created two channels. 1. Channels 2. Favorites. Haha.
(2014-09-24, 01:48)breezytm Wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv4dwoquydz74i9/info.rar?dl=0

Here's the files as promised. Unlike darkdate I selected favorites. I don't know if that makes a difference. I am going to try selecting the root of hdhomerun

Edit: Adding HDHomerun root only created two channels. 1. Channels 2. Favorites. Haha.

it's your naming scheme thats the problem... you got wonkie names for everything...
why is fox called FOXD? whether its you or your cable service... you need to rename the channels in xmltv to match what's on your upnp listing. Then you should be set...

google mc2xml, learn how to create a .ren file then, then rename to match upnp name....
(2014-09-24, 02:24)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 01:48)breezytm Wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv4dwoquydz74i9/info.rar?dl=0

it's your naming scheme thats the problem... you got wonkie names for everything...
why is fox called FOXD? whether its you or your cable service... you need to rename the channels in xmltv to match what's on your upnp listing. Then you should be set...

google mc2xml, learn how to create a .ren file then, then rename to match upnp name....

I am not sure I follow. I don't manually do anything. Technically everything should work by default. If I have 'wonkie' names that's not me. Blame my cable company. Here's a copy of my cablecard.xml from hdhomerun. The names on there seems to match my xmltv file. All I do is pull my guide using this mc2xml -c us -g 11225 -d 24
(2014-09-24, 02:36)breezytm Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 02:24)Lunatixz Wrote:

I am not sure I follow. I don't manually do anything. Techinically thing should just work with by default. If I have 'wonkie' names thats not me. Blame my cable company. Here's a copy of my cablecard.xml from hdhomerun. The names on there seems to match my xmltv file.

"Techinically thing should just work with by default" You have to consider when it comes to naming channels each cable service and hardware device makes their own rules up... If the world was perfect everyone would use the "display-names" found in xmltv file or vice versa... but its not perfect... and there is no way I can program around thousands of possible "wonkie" names... think about it why is FOX, FOXD. who knows... maybe it was supposed to be FOXHD but it isn't and because of that you are stuck renaming files... sorry...

I spent a weekend doing it... and i'm sure most XBMC users with a backend setup their channels to match the names in their xmltv file... it sucks but what can you do....

btw all is not lost, I did see one thing I can fix to help matching (thanks to your info)... but it won't save you when it comes to channels like FOX, which btw in your xmltv file is WNYW...
Yes you can program it. You parse for the first three characters in all channel names. I bet you everyone in the world cable company has FOX in it. They all may not have FOXHD, FOXD, FOXH but they will all have FOX. But then again I could be wrong. What do I know.
(2014-09-24, 02:47)breezytm Wrote: Yes you can program it. You parse for the first three characters in all channel names. I bet you everyone in the world cable company has FOX in it. They all may not have FOXHD, FOXD, FOXH but they will all have FOX. But then again I could be wrong. What do I know.

you know I never thought of that, (SARCASM)...
Smile
and FOX2, FOX MOVIES, FOX Sports, fox anything.... how should you keep from a false postive match on those names?

the whole matching thing requires regex detection on a scale I don't' have the time for..
I am guessing you don't think I thought about that part too.

Something came up. I was going to edit my post and write "you can program base on what you know to be common" and if you know fox, fox2, fox movies, fox sports, fox anything exist than you look for common denominator to distinguish them from one and other to a make a positive match. They are strings of characters that you can analyze using edit distance. It will never be 100% but it would be as close as possible. In my case it wasn't close at all. 630 channels with 0 match. So if you are the programmer and you think this is acceptable then fine. I am not going to argue with you. I found an alternative that works for me. With the help of excel using the formula I stated above I had no issue matching them. I started from scratch from my test client so I can send you logs so you can hopefully debug and fix that problem for someone else who may encounter the same issue or perhaps myself If I ever decided to do a clean install in the future. Again you don't have time and that's understandable.

For me for example MTV and MTV2 came up as a match. I rather fix manually fixed 1 10 30 than 630.
(2014-09-24, 05:16)breezytm Wrote: I am guessing you don't think I thought about that part too.

Something came up. I was going to edit my post and write "you can program base on what you know to be common" and if you know fox, fox2, fox movies, fox sports, fox anything exist than you look for common denominator to distinguish them from one and other to a make a positive match. They are strings of characters that you can analyze using edit distance. It will never be 100% but it would be as close as possible. In my case it wasn't close at all. 630 channels with 0 match. So if you are the programmer and you think this is acceptable then fine. I am not going to argue with you. I found an alternative that works for me. With the help of excel using the formula I stated above I had no issue matching them. I started from scratch from my test client so I can send you logs so you can hopefully debug and fix that problem for someone else who may encounter the same issue or perhaps myself If I ever decided to do a clean install in the future. Again you don't have time and that's understandable.

For me for example MTV and MTV2 came up as a match. I rather fix manually fixed 1 10 30 than 630.

Nobody's is arguing... Just being sarcastic, lol

You're also forgetting your channel was called FOXH but your xmltv is WNYW how we gunna match that one Wink

I agree that a better job of matching can be done. At the moment I don't have the patience to start using regex pattern matching.
Now now kids. The important thing is breezy has everything working now and he will share what we discovered tonight once he has time to edit his documentation.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Hey just a quick question,

I use PseudoTV at home and at work, and at my office as a photographer I use it mainly for downloaded music videos as a Music Channel, I was wondering as it would seem like a pretty simple code addition, to add a line of code to bring up the information panel that comes up when you change channels at timed intervals so you can see the title of the music video?

Thanks guys

JD
(2014-09-24, 11:49)tremainc Wrote: Hey just a quick question,

I use PseudoTV at home and at work, and at my office as a photographer I use it mainly for downloaded music videos as a Music Channel, I was wondering as it would seem like a pretty simple code addition, to add a line of code to bring up the information panel that comes up when you change channels at timed intervals so you can see the title of the music video?

Thanks guys

JD

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1756953
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-09-24, 11:49)tremainc Wrote: Hey just a quick question,

Thanks guys

JD

I'll look into it, but we are talking about PseudoTV Live?
  • 420(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45