• 456(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-10-20, 16:20)azrael17 Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 16:09)Rastan Wrote: Hi Luna,

I am trying to add some live streaming news channels. I recently discovered Sky News is streaming live over Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYlQJbsVs48

I have tried to get it to work using the new PseudoTV Live Manager using both the playlist and the search and failed. The weird thing that happens is that PTVL closes when ever attempting to play the stream. When I say close I mean as if a proper shutdown of PTVL, not a crash. I was going to post it in the PseudoTV Live Manager forum but I think it is more related to PTVL. I can provide a debug log if you are unable to reproduce. I hope you can help. I have been trying to get BBC News and Sky News in PTVL forever Confused

Perhaps try logging into your YT account, creating a new playlist, and adding that video as the only item in the playlist. Then copy the PL********* code from the URL of the playlist and use it to create a youtube playlist channel. Not sure it will work but it's worth a try. If not then you will probably have to use the internettv chtype and set it up through the youtube plugin link.

I'd test it out but the stream is not available in my country.

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried logging into my Youtube account then creating the live news stream in the playlist by itself, no joy. I am currently trying your second suggestion of internettv chtype and set it up through the youtube plugin link. Right now I am trying to figure out how to get the link via the Youtube addon. I can't even get it to update to show the newly created playlist. This is getting a little frustrating, I think I will give it a break and try again later before I end up on the news myself...LOL
(2014-10-20, 18:20)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 16:20)azrael17 Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 16:09)Rastan Wrote: Hi Luna,

I am trying to add some live streaming news channels. I recently discovered Sky News is streaming live over Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYlQJbsVs48

I have tried to get it to work using the new PseudoTV Live Manager using both the playlist and the search and failed. The weird thing that happens is that PTVL closes when ever attempting to play the stream. When I say close I mean as if a proper shutdown of PTVL, not a crash. I was going to post it in the PseudoTV Live Manager forum but I think it is more related to PTVL. I can provide a debug log if you are unable to reproduce. I hope you can help. I have been trying to get BBC News and Sky News in PTVL forever Confused

Perhaps try logging into your YT account, creating a new playlist, and adding that video as the only item in the playlist. Then copy the PL********* code from the URL of the playlist and use it to create a youtube playlist channel. Not sure it will work but it's worth a try. If not then you will probably have to use the internettv chtype and set it up through the youtube plugin link.

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried logging into my Youtube account then creating the live news stream in the playlist by itself, no joy. I am currently trying your second suggestion of internettv chtype and set it up through the youtube plugin link. Right now I am trying to figure out how to get the link via the Youtube addon. I can't even get it to update to show the newly created playlist. This is getting a little frustrating, I think I will give it a break and try again later before I end up on the news myself...LOL

It doesn't look like live streams have a playlist id. You could try making a 24/7 stream using the RTMP with wireshark. I haven't tried this before(with a live youtube stream), but I think it should work, that is until/if the stream restarts with a different link.
(2014-10-20, 18:41)spyder Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 18:20)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 16:20)azrael17 Wrote: Perhaps try logging into your YT account, creating a new playlist, and adding that video as the only item in the playlist. Then copy the PL********* code from the URL of the playlist and use it to create a youtube playlist channel. Not sure it will work but it's worth a try. If not then you will probably have to use the internettv chtype and set it up through the youtube plugin link.

It doesn't look like live streams have a playlist id. You could try making a 24/7 stream using the RTMP with wireshark. I haven't tried this before(with a live youtube stream), but I think it should work, that is until/if the stream restarts with a different link.

Thanks for all the help Azrael17, I am not sure what you mean by live youtube streams not having a playlist id. I do remember messing around with RTMP streams for XBMC a while ago. It was very finicky and I wasnt very good at getting it to work. All my other youtube based channels have worked perfectly in the past. This is the first time I have had this problem. Sad

The thing is I can get it to build and appear as a playlist. When I select it in the EPG PTVL immediately exits. I just tried a force channel reset to see if it would help. No dice.

Anyhow here is a LOG just in case it helps.
(2014-10-20, 19:03)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 18:41)spyder Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 18:20)Rastan Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I have already tried logging into my Youtube account then creating the live news stream in the playlist by itself, no joy. I am currently trying your second suggestion of internettv chtype and set it up through the youtube plugin link. Right now I am trying to figure out how to get the link via the Youtube addon. I can't even get it to update to show the newly created playlist. This is getting a little frustrating, I think I will give it a break and try again later before I end up on the news myself...LOL

Thanks for all the help Azrael17, I am not sure what you mean by live youtube streams not having a playlist id. I do remember messing around with RTMP streams for XBMC a while ago. It was very finicky and I wasnt very good at getting it to work. All my other youtube based channels have worked perfectly in the past. This is the first time I have had this problem. Sad

The thing is I can get it to build and appear as a playlist. When I select it in the EPG PTVL immediately exits. I just tried a force channel reset to see if it would help. No dice.

Anyhow here is a LOG just in case it helps.

It seems to have a problem finding the duration of the stream (which makes sense). Are you using the internettv chtype with 5400 as the time setting?

EDIT: Maybe you can upload your settings2.xml as well to see what it looks like.
This is how my channel grid looked before I updated to 0.5.4a:

This is my channel grid looks after updating to .0.5.4a

No other settings were changed between the two images other than upgrading PseudoTV Live to the latest version. I am not sure why the logos do not work in the newest version but there seems to be an issue that the previous version didn't have. If someone has a fix to correct this issue I would be most appreciative. Thank you.
(2014-10-21, 00:31)amcfarla Wrote: This is how my channel grid looked before I updated to 0.5.4a:

No other settings were changed between the two images other than upgrading PseudoTV Live to the latest version. I am not sure why the logos do not work in the newest version but there seems to be an issue that the previous version didn't have. If someone has a fix to correct this issue I would be most appreciative. Thank you.

Did you check your settings? everytime you update you should always check your settings for changes... Smile

Since the answer is crazy obvious, i'll let you explore the settings and find the solution Smile

BTW nice screenshots and channels Wink
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-10-21, 01:21)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 00:31)amcfarla Wrote: This is how my channel grid looked before I updated to 0.5.4a:

Did you check your settings? everytime you update you should always check your settings for changes... Smile

Since the answer is crazy obvious, i'll let you explore the settings and find the solution Smile

The last version didn't require specifying a specific logo folder, just checking the logo and having the logos in the following directory on openelec '\storage\.xbmc\userdata\addon_data\script.pseduotv.live\logos'. The problem though is on openelec selecting the root folder and going \storage the \.xbmc folder is hidden and you do not have access the folder going through the directory structure (unsure how to make it un-hidden). So you either need to move your logos to a folder that isn't a hidden folder, or you can access that folder on the openelec machine via smb and then you can reach the folder like it is a shared folder.
(2014-10-21, 02:58)amcfarla Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 01:21)Lunatixz Wrote:

The last version didn't require specifying a specific logo folder, just checking the logo and having the logos in the following directory on openelec '\storage\.xbmc\userdata\addon_data\script.pseduotv.live\logos'. The problem though is on openelec selecting the root folder and going \storage the \.xbmc folder is hidden and you do not have access the folder going through the directory structure (unsure how to make it un-hidden). So you either need to move your logos to a folder that isn't a hidden folder, or you can access that folder on the openelec machine via smb and then you can reach the folder like it is a shared folder.

I dunno what to tell you... if there is a bug I'll fix it... but I didn't touch any code related to channel bugs... and they still work fine on my end.

You always need to specify a logo folder... else ptvl won't know where to look... you also need to make sure under "Visuals/EPG" that you select, "EPG Uses" Logos.

again, no code has been changed...
I don't see the post I put in this morning so here it is again in case it didn't save....

Has anyone had buffering issues since the last update to PTVL? I'm running the latest stable Gotham release on Ubuntu 14 64bit. It was working great until a couple days ago when an update to PTVL came out. It now plays 5-10 seconds of video and then buffers for 30 seconds then play 5-10 more seconds of video. Background channel processing has been turned off to see if that had any effect and the problem still occurs.
(2014-10-21, 05:31)Pendragon445 Wrote: I don't see the post I put in this morning so here it is again in case it didn't save....

Has anyone had buffering issues since the last update to PTVL? I'm running the latest stable Gotham release on Ubuntu 14 64bit. It was working great until a couple days ago when an update to PTVL came out. It now plays 5-10 seconds of video and then buffers for 30 seconds then play 5-10 more seconds of video. Background channel processing has been turned off to see if that had any effect and the problem still occurs.

Please provide log file
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I finally figured out how to use super favourite with PseudoTv LiveBig Grin and i wondering how does a person get more than 25 enteries per channel? You just delete the "25" in the settings to "" or just add like 50 or 100 to get more? I read at the beginning of the forum and i figured out how to add more enteries, i wonde what would happen if ya put 1,001 instead of 1,000 cause 1,000 is the limit right? What's up the error loading eror channel, the channel 1 does that? I probably should read more in the forum huh? I love this program so much it's awesome to all you people who works on this
awesome program.

Thanks
Steve

It's me again, what a bummer, I checked the setttings and it went back to 25 enteries, why ?
(2014-10-20, 03:23)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 03:09)BankerBankson Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 03:06)Lunatixz Wrote: You never mentioned which chtype you are inquiring about.

Ah! Didn't know it was different depending. Direct Plugin (since I'm the weird no-local-media type Smile )

Chtype 15, uses the global limit unless u configured the limit in setting_3.

For example setting_3 is 25. PTVL will parse 25 files from each directory found under the path set in setting_1. A max directory count of double the limit is set, in this case 50.

In a folder setup that includes "next page" PTVL will walk all folders till it fills its limit quota.

Thanks for this. It makes perfect sense! Next question:

Normally I can hit the letter "o" to bring up stream details. Things like buffer details, audio and video codec details and such. But that isn't working for me in PTVL. Is it possible to see this some way? Or should I be able to see it already?
(2014-10-21, 05:31)Pendragon445 Wrote: I don't see the post I put in this morning so here it is again in case it didn't save....

Said many, many times... PTVL isn't a player... It passes media to xbmc player. If you are experiencing buffering it has nothing to do with PTVL. Search thread for more insight.
I'm having trouble getting this to fire up.

It always hang at "Updating Channel 20 Updating X Entries."

I'm on linux and running 13.2.

I've uninstalled...reinstalled 3X.

I've googled, I it looks like I'm the only one with the problem.

I'd really like to try this out! Any tips?

(2014-10-21, 17:41)MadClicker Wrote: I'm having trouble getting this to fire up.

It always hang at "Updating Channel 20 Updating X Entries."

I'm on linux and running 13.2.

I've uninstalled...reinstalled 3X.

I've googled, I it looks like I'm the only one with the problem.

I'd really like to try this out! Any tips?

Upload your log and more info please. What type of channel is "Channel 20"? Pointing to what source etc. This can happen when you're pointing to a plugin and have a bad path.
  • 456(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45