• 459(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Not exactly what you guys are looking for, but this Youtube playlist channel is a pretty good Halloween channel.

<setting id="Channel_181_type" value="10" />
<setting id="Channel_181_1" value="PLMATWUx3t7L-vXHJWFhxcQoUodblw5X2D" />
<setting id="Channel_181_2" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_181_3" value="500" />
<setting id="Channel_181_4" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_181_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_181_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_181_rule_1_opt_1" value="Halloween Specials" />
<setting id="Channel_181_changed" value="False" />
Hello, I can provide a log if need be, but I'm guessing it's a simple fix.

In XBMC's regular LIVE TV all my EPG data shows up correctly. However, in PTVL about half of the stations show the EPG data while the other half only say "Listing Unavailable"

Any idea?
(2014-10-23, 19:22)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: Hello, I can provide a log if need be, but I'm guessing it's a simple fix.

In XBMC's regular LIVE TV all my EPG data shows up correctly. However, in PTVL about half of the stations show the EPG data while the other half only say "Listing Unavailable"

Any idea?

Does your settings2.xml correctly identify the proper xmltv file and are you using the correct livetv chtype for all the channels? And is xmltv settings configured correctly in PTVL's settings?

I probably won't be much use looking through your log, but I might be able to help if I could see your settings2.xml.
(2014-10-23, 19:27)azrael17 Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 19:22)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: Hello, I can provide a log if need be, but I'm guessing it's a simple fix.

Any idea?

Does your settings2.xml correctly identify the proper xmltv file and are you using the correct livetv chtype for all the channels? And is xmltv settings configured correctly in PTVL's settings?

I probably won't be much use looking through your log, but I might be able to help if I could see your settings2.xml.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324525

Thanks
(2014-10-23, 20:04)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 19:27)azrael17 Wrote:

Any idea?

Thanks

It looks like some of your channels should be working (based on your settings2.xml I would say 1,3,9,10,14,19,27,28, 29 and 30+ work). For example:

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="1964" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I15.28459936.microsoft.com" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_1_4" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="KMSP LiveTV" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />

The parts in bold are key to having EPG data. The next example does not have that info. And is the wrong chtype. Live TV should use chtype 8 like your first entry. And must have the correct xmltv file that pulls the guide info from the web under value 3, and the correct link for that specific channel info from inside the xmltv file under value 1.

<setting id="Channel_2_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_2_time" value="1964" />
<setting id="Channel_2_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_2_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/1.pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_2_3" value="Listing Unavailable" />
<setting id="Channel_2_4" value="TV Listing Unavailable, Check your xmltv file" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="BOUNCE LiveTV" />
<setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="False" />

I'm guessing that you tried to autotune and something went wrong. You might need to manually edit settings2.xml to follow the proper chtype 8 with the proper xmltv and channel info from inside the xmltv.
(2014-10-23, 20:19)azrael17 Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 20:04)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 19:27)azrael17 Wrote: Does your settings2.xml correctly identify the proper xmltv file and are you using the correct livetv chtype for all the channels? And is xmltv settings configured correctly in PTVL's settings?

Thanks

It looks like some of your channels should be working (based on your settings2.xml I would say 1,3,9,10,14,19,27,28, 29 and 30+ work). For example:

The parts in bold are key to having EPG data. The next example does not have that info. And is the wrong chtype. Live TV should use chtype 8 like your first entry. And must have the correct xmltv file that pulls the guide info from the web under value 3, and the correct link for that specific channel info from inside the xmltv file under value 1.

<setting id="Channel_2_4" value="TV Listing Unavailable, Check your xmltv file" />

I'm guessing that you tried to autotune and something went wrong. You might need to manually edit settings2.xml to follow the proper chtype 8 with the proper xmltv and channel info from inside the xmltv.

Correct, I auto-tuned.

What I don't get is why autotune is correctly setting up half of the OTA stations with the EPG data... Why are the other half failing?
this is nifty: https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/JSON-...I-20131021
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-10-23, 16:40)BankerBankson Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 16:18)bry- Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 15:37)azrael17 Wrote: I think it could definitely be useful as many people (myself included) have data caps, and significant others who are not technologically saavy.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to code but maybe it could function as a timer that triggers the existing "Startup channel" code, or maybe as a derivation of the auto-off code where instead of shutting down PTVL it "reboots" it and in doing so defaults to whatever the "Startup Channel" is.
maybe create a channel guide like this one: http://vimeo.com/101061001 and see if luna can add an option for you streamers out there to default to this after a certain amount of time?

My only hesitation with using the timer function is having it turn off in the middle of watching something. Like you 2, I'm not sure how hard it would be to code in. Ideally (in my mind) would be to utilize "esc" as program exit and utilize "x" or something else to simply stop playback. And maybe hitting "x" could/would stop the existing playback and immediately switch to something like "the guide channel" (some generic image would be grande).

:: shrug ::

We'll see where Lunatixz goes with this as development continues!

Timer doesn't work that way... it's a smart timer... it won't stop playback during the middle of a show, it would wait for that show to end.
Currently all the timer does is exit PTVL....

I am adding a sleep feature similar to what you find on a TV, you can select a time via remote, and choice of shutdown modes (exit xbmc, shutdown pc, sleep pc, exit ptvl).
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-10-23, 20:53)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 20:04)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324525

Thanks

Correct, I auto-tuned.

What I don't get is why autotune is correctly setting up half of the OTA stations with the EPG data... Why are the other half failing?

That I'm unsure of. It may be a bug. You could try to autotune again and see if it picks them up correctly, but failing that you may need to edit settings2.xml manually.

Also, if you aren't going to autotune again, you should delete channel 110 as it refers to a typo in the community list which has since been corrected.
(2014-10-23, 20:53)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 20:04)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324525

Thanks

Correct, I auto-tuned.

What I don't get TongueTongueTongue is why you didn't read my first three posts that pretty much spell out the answer to this question... Big Grin

(2014-10-23, 19:12)Chadman Wrote: Not exactly what you guys are looking for, but this Youtube playlist channel is a pretty good Halloween channel.

<setting id="Channel_181_type" value="10" />
<setting id="Channel_181_1" value="PLMATWUx3t7L-vXHJWFhxcQoUodblw5X2D" />
<setting id="Channel_181_2" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_181_3" value="500" />
<setting id="Channel_181_4" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_181_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_181_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_181_rule_1_opt_1" value="Halloween Specials" />
<setting id="Channel_181_changed" value="False" />

Can you add this playlist to the community list?

Thanks
Quote:Correct, I auto-tuned.

Quote:What I don't get TongueTongueTongue is why you didn't read my first three posts that pretty much spell out the answer to this question... Big Grin

I believe your mistake was that your xmltv and your PVR channel names differ from some channels.

See Post 2:

!XMLTV file is required for PVR/HDHomerun LiveTV *For details refer to XMLTV HowTo. Once you have an xmltv file with matching "ZAP2it" ID's and Matching "Display-names" is required! So if your strm/pvr channel is named "Fox" but your xmltv file lists "WNYW" they will not match, make the appropriate changes to insure a match.

Quote:Can you add this playlist to the community list?

Thanks

Added. Also added some internettv links. They should all work but it would be great if someone could test them since I'm away from home.
(2014-10-23, 21:58)azrael17 Wrote:

Quote:What I don't get TongueTongueTongue is why you didn't read my first three posts that pretty much spell out the answer to this question... Big Grin

I believe your mistake was that your xmltv and your PVR channel names differ from some channels.

See Post 2:

!XMLTV file is required for PVR/HDHomerun LiveTV *For details refer to XMLTV HowTo. Once you have an xmltv file with matching "ZAP2it" ID's and Matching "Display-names" is required! So if your strm/pvr channel is named "Fox" but your xmltv file lists "WNYW" they will not match, make the appropriate changes to insure a match.

Thanks

Added. Also added some internettv links. They should all work but it would be great if someone could test them since I'm away from home.

well I have the XMLTV file, hence why half my stations show up properly, and in the regular LiveTV it shows up just fine...

I read the posts, I just don't know what it means that I should do.. if I change my XMLTV file's channel name I won't get the right EPG data right?

Not sure what to do.

Thanks for help =)
(2014-10-24, 00:16)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 21:58)azrael17 Wrote:

See Post 2:

Thanks

well I have the XMLTV file, hence why half my stations show up properly, and in the regular LiveTV it shows up just fine...

I read the posts, I just don't know what it means that I should do.. if I change my XMLTV file's channel name I won't get the right EPG data right?

Not sure what to do.

Thanks for help =)

You need matching information... basically the Strm, PVR, UPNP, etc source that has the livetv has to have on of the three "display-names" found in your xmltv file... otherwise ptvl can't match them.

... u can understand that if your pvr has a channel called "FOX" and your xmltv has no "FOX" it can't pair them... most likely the "display-name" is WNYW or whatever the call sign is.

In this case you only have two options... you either change the name of your strm, pvr, or upnp source... or you change the xmltv "display-name" either one of those two options aren't related to PTVL.. Questions for how to should be asked in the proper threads Smile
(2014-10-24, 00:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 00:16)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 21:58)azrael17 Wrote: I believe your mistake was that your xmltv and your PVR channel names differ from some channels.

See Post 2:

Not sure what to do.

Thanks for help =)

You need matching information... basically the Strm, PVR, UPNP, etc source that has the livetv has to have on of the three "display-names" found in your xmltv file... otherwise ptvl can't match them.

... u can understand that if your pvr has a channel called "FOX" and your xmltv has no "FOX" it can't pair them... most likely the "display-name" is WNYW or whatever the call sign is.

In this case you only have two options... you either change the name of your strm, pvr, or upnp source... or you change the xmltv "display-name" either one of those two options aren't related to PTVL.. Questions for how to should be asked in the proper threads Smile

I am a total noob at EPG data. The only thing that confuses me is why my LIVE TV in XBMC loads the channel EPG data perfectly fine, but PTVL doesn't for half the stations. How is it linking them for the LIVE TV but not for PTVL?

Does that make any sense?
(2014-10-24, 01:58)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 00:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 00:16)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: well I have the XMLTV file, hence why half my stations show up properly, and in the regular LiveTV it shows up just fine...

Not sure what to do.

Thanks for help =)

I am a total noob at EPG data. The only thing that confuses me is why my LIVE TV in XBMC loads the channel EPG data perfectly fine, but PTVL doesn't for half the stations. How is it linking them for the LIVE TV but not for PTVL?

Does that make any sense?

You need to read Smile I already answered this in the same post u just quoted!
  • 459(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45