• 462(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Hi team.
I did a search on this and it says it was presumably fixed, but I can't get it to work. Colors in filepaths...

There is a certain plugin with the following path:

plugin://plugin.video.pluginname/.Disney Collection

".Disney Collection" is colored cyan when adding it to my favorites. I can't get it to find the videos though. I've tried every version of "[COLOR cyan].Disney Collection[/COLOR]" I can think of, and of course tried it without any tags at all, and it still won't work.

One post mentions that Lunatixz was able to avoid needing the tags, and a post before that suggests it was the slash before COLOR causing the trouble (something something escaping). I'd just like to know the status on this, or if I'm just doing something wrong. Maybe I should just contact the plugin maker directly and ask them to remove the formatting, also.

Thanks for an update. I'm on the latest dev. build. I can post a log when I get off work if it'll help.
(2014-10-25, 16:21)BankerBankson Wrote: Hi team.
I did a search on this and it says it was presumably fixed, but I can't get it to work. Colors in filepaths...

".Disney Collection" is colored cyan when adding it to my favorites. I can't get it to find the videos though. I've tried every version of "[COLOR cyan].Disney Collection[/COLOR]" I can think of, and of course tried it without any tags at all, and it still won't work.

One post mentions that Lunatixz was able to avoid needing the tags, and a post before that suggests it was the slash before COLOR causing the trouble (something something escaping). I'd just like to know the status on this, or if I'm just doing something wrong. Maybe I should just contact the plugin maker directly and ask them to remove the formatting, also.

Thanks for an update. I'm on the latest dev. build. I can post a log when I get off work if it'll help.

You misunderstood my post regarding [Color] ... You no longer need to add extra strings. Just configure text as you see on screen. Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hey Lunatixz,

Been awhile since I have used PSTVL and have since setup a HDhomerun with TVheadend backend etc as well as setup PlayOn

What I am trying to do is seutp some stations that are Live from PlayOn and use the zap2it XMLTV.xml for the EPG. My first channel I am attempting to do this with is ESPN however when you navigate PlayOn to the ESPN channel and select (Live TV) is shows all the current shows playing on all their LIVE channels. I would like to be able to just select the ESPN1 source as my ESPN channel.

The show names are contstently changing but I tried using the do not show option but with ESPN3* for example thinking a wild card would work but appears to only work for directories.

Any suggestions ?

In the meantime I will setup some of the other PlayOn Live channel feeds to see if they work the EPG

Oh, I almost forgot.....for some reason my PSTVL EPG is 1 hour off but in my XBMC LiveTV EPG it is fine and in my TVheadend backend it is fine

Currenty using the dev build of PSTVL, thanks !
(2014-10-25, 20:22)ShaunB1980 Wrote: Hey Lunatixz,

Been awhile since I have used PSTVL and have since setup a HDhomerun with TVheadend backend etc as well as setup PlayOn

What I am trying to do is seutp some stations that are Live from PlayOn and use the zap2it XMLTV.xml for the EPG. My first channel I am attempting to do this with is ESPN however when you navigate PlayOn to the ESPN channel and select (Live TV) is shows all the current shows playing on all their LIVE channels. I would like to be able to just select the ESPN1 source as my ESPN channel.

The show names are contstently changing but I tried using the do not show option but with ESPN3* for example thinking a wild card would work but appears to only work for directories.

Any suggestions ?

In the meantime I will setup some of the other PlayOn Live channel feeds to see if they work the EPG

Oh, I almost forgot.....for some reason my PSTVL EPG is 1 hour off but in my XBMC LiveTV EPG it is fine and in my TVheadend backend it is fine

Currenty using the dev build of PSTVL, thanks !

PM me the playon plugin, script... or source information so I can check it out...
On some channels I am getting the Adobe Flash Player permissions popup about cache but it will not let me click to accept it.

edit: found this link on reddit worked on the server PC will try the clients

http://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/comm...ngs_popup/
(2014-10-25, 21:52)ShaunB1980 Wrote: On some channels I am getting the Adobe Flash Player permissions popup about cache but it will not let me click to accept it.

No log no help
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-10-25, 22:01)bry- Wrote:
(2014-10-25, 21:52)ShaunB1980 Wrote: On some channels I am getting the Adobe Flash Player permissions popup about cache but it will not let me click to accept it.

No log no help

I can upload logs if needed but I didnt think is was needed for these questions.
(2014-10-26, 00:36)ShaunB1980 Wrote:
(2014-10-25, 22:01)bry- Wrote:

No log no help

I can upload logs if needed but I didnt think is was needed for these questions.

You are correct. Sorry
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-10-25, 19:10)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-25, 16:21)BankerBankson Wrote: Hi team.

You misunderstood my post regarding [Color] ... You no longer need to add extra strings. Just configure text as you see on screen. Smile

I did mention that I "tried it without any tags at all, and it still won't work." Sending you a PM with the configuration in my settings2 so you can see why it won't work, perhaps.
(2014-10-25, 15:02)azrael17 Wrote:
(2014-10-25, 06:59)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 19:22)azrael17 Wrote: Try manually deleting settings2.xml.

Then go into PTVL settings and check all the clear cache settings.

Then auto-tune again (the community list syntax for a bunch of lists has just been updated so that might have been part of the problem).

---

As for your live tv problem (which I was trying to help you with btw), I believe you need to open your xmltv file and change the channel names to match the correct stream names. I'm no expert on xmltv but if you upload it I can take a look and try to point out what section you need to change.

Based on your settings2.xml channels 1, 3, 9, 10, 14, 19, 27, 28, and 29 should already be matched correctly.

That means 2,4,5,6,7,8,11,13,13,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,23,24,25,26 need to be changed.

I posted it here.

thanks for the help!

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/57eda8bbedff24498e0c
-----
I looked at your settings2.xml, but you never mentioned if you tried the steps above.
-----
I've autotuned the RSS list and replicated the same problem:

<setting id="Channel_104_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_105_type" value="11" />
<setting id="Channel_105_time" value="2566" />
<setting id="Channel_105_1" value="http://feeds.feedburner.com/hubblecast_sd?format=xml" />
<setting id="Channel_105_2" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_105_3" value="25" />
<setting id="Channel_105_4" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_105_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_105_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_105_rule_1_opt_1" value="HubbleCast
" />
<setting id="Channel_105_changed" value="False" />

The end of the name setting gets bumped onto a separate line. Regardless the channels still work. To completely fix it you just need to go in settings2.xml and delete the space between the channel name and " />.

FOR LUNA: I would say that there must be a typo in the code that imports the channel name of rss.xml. I looked for it but I'm not sure where I was looking, but I would say that there is an extra space character in the code. That is your code must have something like "Channel Name[space]", where the space should be removed (I might be way off base but that is my best guess.
----------------------------------------------------------------

As to live TV I can't help much more. You are going to need to find and edit your XMLTV file to make sure that the name labels (ex: "MOVIES! LiveTV") match whatever your PVR channel labels are (either that or edit your pvr stream labels to match XMLTV). You'll have to do that for every PVR entry in your settings2.xml that autotuned to chtype 9 instead of chtype 8.

Example (Channel 1 is fine, Channel 2 needs to have the labels for it in XMLTV changed):

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="2566" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I15.28459936.microsoft.com" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_1_4" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="KMSP LiveTV" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_2_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_2_time" value="2566" />
<setting id="Channel_2_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_2_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/1.pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_2_3" value="Listing Unavailable" />
<setting id="Channel_2_4" value="TV Listing Unavailable, Check your xmltv file" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="BOUNCE LiveTV" />
<setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="False" />

Thanks for your help! I was getting pretty frustrated with Luna and him telling me this problem was simply due to me not reading his posts...

This is the second time he's done that were the problem ended up not being on my end. So I appreciate you taking the time to listen and actually help.

I'll just wait until the plugin gets Fixed
(2014-10-26, 02:42)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: Thanks for your help! I was getting pretty frustrated with Luna and him telling me this problem was simply due to me not reading his posts...

This is the second time he's done that were the problem ended up not being on my end. So I appreciate you taking the time to listen and actually help.

Holy Crap! you are just a trouble maker, welcome to my ignore list! For everyone else who wants to get a laugh... here is an example of me trying to help this fool!

Notice how I politely try and help by suggesting two solutions to his problem... But he can't read, and ignores my answer!

(2014-10-24, 02:10)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 01:58)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 00:40)Lunatixz Wrote: You need matching information... basically the Strm, PVR, UPNP, etc source that has the livetv has to have on of the three "display-names" found in your xmltv file... otherwise ptvl can't match them.

... u can understand that if your pvr has a channel called "FOX" and your xmltv has no "FOX" it can't pair them... most likely the "display-name" is WNYW or whatever the call sign is.

In this case you only have two options... you either change the name of your strm, pvr, or upnp source... or you change the xmltv "display-name" either one of those two options aren't related to PTVL.. Questions for how to should be asked in the proper threads Smile

I am a total noob at EPG data. The only thing that confuses me is why my LIVE TV in XBMC loads the channel EPG data perfectly fine, but PTVL doesn't for half the stations. How is it linking them for the LIVE TV but not for PTVL?

Does that make any sense?

You need to read Smile I already answered this in the same post u just quoted!

I also think it's important to point out that the burden of learning is on you! I'm not here to teach you... I can only nudge you in the correct direction. If thats not good enough... don't bother to post!

Makes me wonder how the 'f' ppl function day to day... this guy must be spoon fed!
(2014-10-26, 03:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 02:42)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: Thanks for your help! I was getting pretty frustrated with Luna and him telling me this problem was simply due to me not reading his posts...

Holy Crap! you are just a trouble maker, welcome to my ignore list! For everyone else who wants to get a laugh... here is an example of me trying to help this fool!

Notice how I politely try and help by suggesting two solutions to his problem... But he can't read, and ignores my answer!

(2014-10-24, 02:10)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 01:58)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: I am a total noob at EPG data. The only thing that confuses me is why my LIVE TV in XBMC loads the channel EPG data perfectly fine, but PTVL doesn't for half the stations. How is it linking them for the LIVE TV but not for PTVL?

Does that make any sense?

You need to read Smile I already answered this in the same post u just quoted!

I also think it's important to point out that the burden of learning is on you! I'm not here to teach you... I can only nudge you in the correct direction. If thats not good enough... don't bother to post!

Makes me wonder how the 'f' ppl function day to day... this guy must be spoon fed!

Is this for real? You just got proven wrong by another person in an issue you were rude about and blamed me on....

Own it, you were wrong, the issue was your fault, not mine. This is the second time that's happened and both times you acted pretentious about it...

You also seemed confused, we aren't talking about my epg issues...
(2014-10-26, 03:46)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 03:31)Lunatixz Wrote:

(2014-10-24, 02:10)Lunatixz Wrote: You need to read Smile I already answered this in the same post u just quoted!

Is this for real? You just got proven wrong by another person in an issue you were rude about and blamed me on....

Own it, you were wrong, the issue was your fault, not mine. This is the second time that's happened and both times you acted pretentious about it...

You also seemed confused, we aren't talking about my epg issues...

Sir, it's bothersome how deeply confused you are... there is no bug on my end!

If you are talking about your "RSS" problem! there is no problem... a line break doesn't cause the channel not to build!
After spending the better part of the day working on this I have been less and less successful. I thought I had it figured out using the upnp source by adding the link to my favourites and then copying the link to my settings2.xml like this:

upnp://6d325a05-237a-4e2b-bc8d-d3f96a7a55d0/disney-30541113d11b488fb4524af901e55623/

Unfortunately, after a restart of XBMC, closing PSTVL or the Live Show ending results in a change to the upnp url. So I attempted changing to below like it would be if set to CHtype 16 but this does not work. I am not sure what direction I need to go in now to trouble shoot.

PHP Code:
<setting id="Channel_63_type" value="8" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_1" value="I10171.labs.zap2it.com" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_2" value="upnp://6d325a05-237a-4e2b-bc8d-d3f96a7a55d0/disney/Watch Live TV/Disney Channel" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_3" value="xmltv" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_4" value="" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_rulecount" value="1" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_rule_1_opt_1" value="Disney LiveTV" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_changed" value="False" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_time" value="417" /> 

Would it be possible to add the EPG option to enter the zap2it.com value for PlayOn CHtype 16 ?

Or maybe I have formatted my url incorrectly using upnp.

Thank You
(2014-10-26, 03:53)ShaunB1980 Wrote: After spending the better part of the day working on this I have been less and less successful. I thought I had it figured out using the upnp source by adding the link to my favourites and then copying the link to my settings2.xml like this:

upnp://6d325a05-237a-4e2b-bc8d-d3f96a7a55d0/disney-30541113d11b488fb4524af901e55623/

Unfortunately, after a restart of XBMC, closing PSTVL or the Live Show ending results in a change to the upnp url. So I attempted changing to below like it would be if set to CHtype 16 but this does not work. I am not sure what direction I need to go in now to trouble shoot.

PHP Code:
<setting id="Channel_63_type" value="8" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_1" value="I10171.labs.zap2it.com" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_2" value="upnp://6d325a05-237a-4e2b-bc8d-d3f96a7a55d0/disney/Watch Live TV/Disney Channel" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_3" value="xmltv" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_4" value="" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_rulecount" value="1" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_rule_1_opt_1" value="Disney LiveTV" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_changed" value="False" />
    <
setting id="Channel_63_time" value="417" /> 

Would it be possible to add the EPG option to enter the zap2it.com value for PlayOn CHtype 16 ?

Or maybe I have formatted my url incorrectly using upnp.

Thank You

You are mixing two different chtypes... you can't do that...

If you want a upnp (Playon) source in chtype 8, you need to supply the correct upnp link. Which is not the same as entering a source in chtype 16...

In other words, chtype 16 doesn't use a link, it finds one from the supplied path to the link... chtype 8 requires a direct link, not a path.
  • 462(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45