• 63(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-10-26, 22:41)Lunatixz Wrote: Upcoming push has changes that will affect your current channel setup: Update with caution!

Push will include:

Fix for youtube limits... limits will include (50,100,150,200,250). They will work with a new settings2.xml entry or a global limit in PTVL's settings:
Limits set in the settings2.xml override the global limit. This allows custom limits per channel.

_3" value="100" /> <-------New entry limits media to 50|100|150|200|250. This is a per channel setting.. one channel could be set to 100 videos while the other 250...

Code:
<setting id="Channel_#_type" value="10" />
<setting id="Channel_#_1" value="MotorTrend" />
<setting id="Channel_#_2" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_3" value="100" />
<setting id="Channel_#_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_opt_1" value="MotorTrend" />

It's important that you never go to far over the available videos. If you have 100 videos don't use 200!
If you have 51 videos, using 100 will be fine. The next 49 videos will be filled in with repeats.
Also remember youtube channels don't automatically rebuild on every start to improve performance, and reduce the risk of hammering youtube's api... so if you want to fill a channel with new videos daily, weekly, etc. Use the example below.

Code:
<setting id="Channel_#_type" value="10" />
<setting id="Channel_#_1" value="MotorTrend" />
<setting id="Channel_#_2" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_3" value="100" />
<setting id="Channel_#_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_opt_1" value="MotorTrend" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_2_opt_1" value="1" />

rule_2_opt_1" value="1" 1 = amount of days to reset, in this case 1

I also added xmltv error checking, which should reduce instances of black screens when xmltv isn't properly configured... If bad or no data is found matching the channel configuration that channel will not build! but the next good configuration will without a black screen error. There is also a new entry that will allow multiple xmltv sources.

_3" value="ustvnow" /> <------- New entry uses the name of the xml file. In this example "ustvnow" refers to ustvnow.xml using the location set in PTVL's settings...
If no custom xml is found it will try the default xmltv.xml... which leaves you two options for standard xmltv files... either rename _3 " value="xmltv" or leave it blank _3 "value=""

Code:
<setting id="Channel_#_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_#_1" value="I27.28460898.microsoft.com" />
<setting id="Channel_#_2" value="plugin://plugin.video.ustvnow/?name=ABC&mode=play" />
<setting id="Channel_#_3" value="ustvnow" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_opt_1" value="ABC USTVNOW" />

Autotuning:

Auto-tuning will control channel ordering based on your selection of options. Once auto-tuning is complete you can add traditional channels using whatever method you used previously.
It will also build clean each time it's activated; and builds using all media mapped to XBMC (so large collections will take sometime to build).

There will be a recovery option for users who want to undo auto-tuning after it runs.

Auto-tuning options will include:
  • LiveTV:
    • USTVnow w/EPG
    • HDhomerun (coming soon)
  • TV Network
  • Movie Studios
  • TV Genres
  • Movie Genres
  • Mixed TV/Movie Genres
  • Music Genres
    Music Videos:
    • Youtube (coming soon)
    • VevoTV
    • Local Directory
  • InternetTV (coming soon)
  • User selected addons/plugins (coming soon)

A Backup is made after agreeing to run auto tune, there will be a restore function implemented soon.
a media limit can be set to cut down on channel building time. The limit (100|250|500|Unlimited) will be per channel, till all bugs are worked out I recommend leaving this at 100.

At the moment, Music channels is giving me problems, maybe it will work for you? who knows...
USTVnow only supports free service, If you are a premium users email USTVNOW ask them to support this addon!
XMLTV files for USTVNOW will have to manually be downloaded till I figure out the best way to handle xmltv in python... All files will be included in a folder labeled (xmltv)

AutoTune maybe buggie??, but PTVL should still work as normal... Feedback is a must, I can't possible test every combination by myself Smile Please include links to your logs...

Also, thank you earlieb for finding a solution to the EPG Sync issue.

Just tried the live TV EPG functions with HDHomeRun...
I have my xmltv.xml file saved is a separate folder and don't use USTVNow. I found that I need to put "xmltv" in <setting id="Channel_#_3" value="" /> and can't just leave it blank like you have noted above. Here is the log file.

The EPG jumping issues seem to be resolved. If I choose a show in the future it doesn't pull the shows EPG data to the current time, perfect! Will let you know if things stay in sync over time.

Maybe this falls into the "you can't have everything" category but I notice that now if I want to change a live TV channel on the EPG I need to be on the currently playing show and I can't just select any show in the row. Not a big deal though.
@ Edge10101, I noticed that too, with the xmltv in setting3 switch... going to correct it now. So that it defaults to xmltv if blank
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-10-27, 19:46)alibaba011 Wrote: @Grbspltt
Install the zip & extract it than place in your os addon folder.

so if you are in windows, it will be %appdata%\XBMC\addons\

see wiki : http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata instead of Userdata you use addons folder to install any addons manually.

Got it, thanks!
Here's my log. I tried to build just off of auto tuned Music Genre channels, got the black screen fail same as before but hopefully the answer is somewhere in here.

my log file
(2013-10-28, 01:49)ARYEZ Wrote: Here's my log. I tried to build just off of auto tuned Music Genre channels, got the black screen fail same as before but hopefully the answer is somewhere in here.

my log file

I don't get why it's a black screens for you... but loads for me. My problem is that it creates all the correct playlists, but only fills a few m3u's? so out of 50 genres only two will load. I must be missing something in jason's original code... When I get some free time I will try and track it down.
my tv guide epg was only popping up for 1sec when i hit enter and i had to force close to get out of ptvl/xbmc then i switched sleep timer from disable to 240 and problem is fixed.
(2013-10-28, 15:16)scilz Wrote: my tv guide epg was only popping up for 1sec when i hit enter and i had to force close to get out of ptvl/xbmc then i switched sleep timer from disable to 240 and problem is fixed.

Does the EPG not open all the time or just after auto tuning?
I've actually had this happen too...it's only after auto tuning. Basically it opens for a second then closes, and then if you try to open it again PTVL crashes. Then if you start PTVL again it works fine, but trees definitely something buggy there.
yea autotune only and ARYEZ is right 2nd time you open ptvl it work's i just thought it had to do with sleep timer because that was only thing i changed.
(2013-10-28, 15:58)scilz Wrote: yea autotune only and ARYEZ is right 2nd time you open ptvl it work's i just thought it had to do with sleep timer because that was only thing i changed.

Okay, and enabling sleep fixes this problem?
2nd time you start ptvl it work's dont need to enable sleep.
Just upgraded to latest push. Tried no custom settings2.xml and it worked. Modified it to only have one type 9 listing for espn-2 using multiple streams in one file and it worked. Went to type eight using same stream file and it fails. Get a black screen. have to kill xbmc to get out of it. Can you not have multiple streams listed in a file for type 8?

This is the settings2 file:
<settings>
<setting id="Channel_30_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_30_1" value="I30.12444.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_30_2" value="smb://192.168.1.102/streams/espn-2/espn2.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_30_3" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_30_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_30_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_30_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_30_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_30_rule_1_opt_1" value="ESPN 2" />
<setting id="LastResetTime" value="1382984508" />
</settings>

This is my log issue:

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/xbmc.log?...kYJ9Ex9RUQ
(2013-10-28, 22:01)mzup Wrote: Just upgraded to latest push. Tried no custom settings2.xml and it worked. Modified it to only have one type 9 listing for espn-2 using multiple streams in one file and it worked. Went to type eight using same stream file and it fails. Get a black screen. have to kill xbmc to get out of it. Can you not have multiple streams listed in a file for type 8?

This is the settings2 file:
<settings>
<setting id="Channel_30_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_30_1" value="I30.12444.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_30_2" value="smb://192.168.1.102/streams/espn-2/espn2.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_30_3" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_30_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_30_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_30_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_30_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_30_rule_1_opt_1" value="ESPN 2" />
<setting id="LastResetTime" value="1382984508" />
</settings>

This is my log issue:

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/xbmc.log?...kYJ9Ex9RUQ

Bug currently requires you to put an entry in _3 with the name of your xmltv file.
Future push will allow a blank field to default to xmltv.
Awesome that did it. Will now work on adding more channels and see how that works.
i am thinking bout getting rid of hulu/netflix/ustvnow/futubox, and getting dish tv i realized i can get more channels for les this way. only thing keeping me from doing it is i don't know if i can add my dishtv channels to ptvl somehow with the hopper or maybe hd homerun. my question is does anyone have dishtv working inside ptvl or know how to do this?
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45