• 18(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-07-30, 21:55)j2048b Wrote: no go for me! i need to switch to lion and install xbmc and see if this still happens? something is def wrong on my end of the software... im running a mac by the way...
wanted to get this working before i muddle up my openelec builds but i guess ill switch to lion and see what happens!

Don't know why it wouldn't work on a mac... but I can tell you it works fine on openelec frodo
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Yeah another no go on mac lion version 10.8.4

Im at a loss, so i guess its time to move on, wonderful work and i hope it continues to go forward... But for me icant get it to load w anything other than the original settins xml... I might see if ican add to the original or write my own!
If anyone loads this and the other settings xml

Please let this thread know! Id love toget it working but until then ill try it later on my openelec original apple tv's and see if it works :)
@Lunatixz - Enhancement - Can you provide a checkbox, which when clicked the PTV will bypass the recreation m3u files for every PTV restart?
For RPi this is major bottleneck with limited horsepower
(2013-07-31, 01:20)saudagar Wrote: @Lunatixz - Enhancement - Can you provide a checkbox, which when clicked the PTV will bypass the recreation m3u files for every PTV restart?
For RPi this is major bottleneck with limited horsepower

PTVL only rebuilds LiveTV and InternetTV channels by default. Which is needed for multiple reasons. All other channels are controlled by user setup... Which you could disable. RPI is under powered for optimal PTVL use.... I would suggest limiting channels; But for bypassing, its a necessary process. Sorry...
I LOVE this by the way as I just got into Pseudo today, now Pseudo Live.

I followed through, changed the settings2.xml
turned on livetv, etc

tried the first time and got nothing but a crash,
tried again and it worked, started on vevo tv, i flipped to NBA and NHL to problem, then it crashed and now I cant it to load all I get is one or more items failed to play

I will read more through the thread tomorrow to see if my problem is solved in here, if not I will post a log tomorrow or something.

PS: Great work to everyone involved!
when it tries to load a stream that is offline it will give that error then crash. best thing to do is load ptvl again it will crash again but then after it crashes push up to change the channel or down. and you will be fine till u hit another stream that is offline. it kinda sux but it's the only way i know of to navigate past the dead links. hopefully we can figure out a better way. btw you guys can always just turn off the dead link channels but they most likly will come back on, and im working on settings2 constantly to try and make it better.
hey, i'm so happy with your fantastic version of pseudo tv. ever tried
to get the internet streams in pseudo tv - and now you do in such an
user friendly way. the demo internet channels which will build
on startup lets me thinking of my slim personal putpat channels.
just like 2 less channels there dont need the plugin til now.
but is it possibleto realize that with custom module version of
putpat in sportsdevil? that would be cool. dont want to spend
time for setup too many channels i never wanna hear.
I have tried everything to get custom channel logos to work but to no avail. Is there a way to force channel logos (other than the advanced rule)? Does it help to have the logo folder in the script.pseudotv.live folder?
(2013-08-01, 01:35)henbone11 Wrote: I have tried everything to get custom channel logos to work but to no avail. Is there a way to force channel logos (other than the advanced rule)? Does it help to have the logo folder in the script.pseudotv.live folder?

You can chose whatever folder you want in PTVL settings. R u using the default skin? Did you enable icon option? Did u read my first three posts?

Icons work and do not require channel rules to make it work.

(2013-07-31, 17:28)Hinnak321 Wrote: hey, i'm so happy with your fantastic version of pseudo tv. ever tried
to get the internet streams in pseudo tv - and now you do in such an
user friendly way. the demo internet channels which will build
on startup lets me thinking of my slim personal putpat channels.
just like 2 less channels there dont need the plugin til now.
but is it possibleto realize that with custom module version of
putpat in sportsdevil? that would be cool. dont want to spend
time for setup too many channels i never wanna hear.

If your asking if u can use your sports plugin as a channel the answer is yes. Read first three posts!
@Lunatixz
Quote: *Added Strm directory building (Chose "Directory" channel type from within PTVL's channel manager. Point to a directory filled with strms (no nfos or xbmc library scraping is necessary). Each individual strm will build with a default runtime of 90mins. Not recommended for 24/7 Type streams, but more for multiple "Generic" strms without a media type (ie not Movies or TV Shows).

It looks like the Directory option for items other than strm files is broken. I have a folder of fitness videos (avi, mp4, etc) that will hang when incorporated in the latest version of PTVL. A folder with strm files however will load fine.
in the original ptv my mp4 and mkv files never played not sure if other ppl's played or not but that may be your issue
(2013-08-01, 02:48)scilz Wrote: in the original ptv my mp4 and mkv files never played not sure if other ppl's played or not but that may be your issue

no, in the previous version of PTVL (up to today) it worked, which was really cool: yesterday was a variety day workout so instead of choosing a video on my own I let PTVL choose it for me!

but today, PTVL wont load at all (black screen) if any of the channels are defined as a non-strm directory.

if I set the channel as a playlist however, PTVL will load up anything. this of course is difficult to do when your source is not defined as either movies or tvshows as is the case with these fitness videos.
(2013-08-01, 02:34)hellohello Wrote: @Lunatixz
Quote: *Added Strm directory building (Chose "Directory" channel type from within PTVL's channel manager. Point to a directory filled with strms (no nfos or xbmc library scraping is necessary). Each individual strm will build with a default runtime of 90mins. Not recommended for 24/7 Type streams, but more for multiple "Generic" strms without a media type (ie not Movies or TV Shows).

It looks like the Directory option for items other than strm files is broken. I have a folder of fitness videos (avi, mp4, etc) that will hang when incorporated in the latest version of PTVL. A folder with strm files however will load fine.

Funny I just noticed this 10mins ago, I'm fixing this as we speak..
you
da
BEST!

(recent fix works btw)
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45