• 140(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-01-06, 22:53)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 20:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 20:38)Dumyat Wrote: When you switch channels does the dynamic artwork option need to be enabled to get the poster and logo to show up for local movie files?

Dynamic artwork means that while you scroll through the EPG the infocus (highlighted) media's artwork is displayed and changes. Instead of just displaying the artwork for what is playing.

So Yes it needs to be enabled to work, but if you don't have the artwork stored locally it won't display, you need to run artwork downloader script.

for LiveTV you don't need the artwork stored locally, but you need to enable api's inorder to parse and store show data.

Hi Lunatixz, My movie posters are still not showing up. I have enabled dynamic artwork. All other artwork shows up fine. Do I need to get a TMDB API to get the posters to show? I was under the impression that the API key was needed for streamed content which has no local artwork, or is there something else wrong?

I am puzzled as to why my movie posters are effected and for other users shows fine (as far as the lack of questions/complaints int the forum goes.)
My movie collection is scraped and tagged with Media Companion. Then scanned into XBMC with the IMDB scraper.

The artwork Downloader addon downloads all the rest of the artwork for me in the respective movie folders. All my shows and movies have all the artwork and everything shows fine within normal XBMC. I have run out of ideas Sad

Enable debug in xbmc and ptvl, use ptvl, focus on something art should show up in... Then send me log
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Donor exclusive Internet Commercial option is almost finished!
Some of the available regions include:
  • Northern America
    Latin and South America
    Western Asia and Northern Africa
    Europe, Western Asia and Africa
    Europe
    Balkans
    Asia Pacific
    Africa
    Afghanistan
    Albania
    Algeria
    American Samoa
    Angola
    Argentina
    Armenia
    Australia
    Austria
    Azerbaijan
    Bahamas
    Bahrain
    Bangladesh
    Belarus
    Belgium
    Bolivia
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Brazil
    British Indian Ocean Territory
    Bulgaria
    Cambodia
    Canada
    Chad
    Chile
    China
    Colombia
    Congo - Kinshasa
    Costa Rica
    Croatia
    Cuba
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Côte d’Ivoire
    Denmark
    Dominican Republic
    Ecuador
    Egypt
    El Salvador
    Estonia
    Europe,Italy
    Finland
    France
    French Guiana
    French Polynesia
    Georgia
    Germany
    Ghana
    Greece
    Greenland
    Guatemala
    Guernsey
    Haiti
    Honduras
    Hong Kong SAR China
    Hungary
    Iceland
    India
    Indonesia
    Iran
    Ireland
    Israel
    Italy
    Jamaica
    Japan
    Jordan
    Kazakhstan
    Kenya
    Kuwait
    Kyrgyzstan
    Latvia
    Lebanon
    Liechtenstein
    Lithuania
    Luxembourg
    Macau SAR China
    Macedonia
    Madagascar
    Malaysia
    Malta
    Mauritius
    Mayotte
    Mexico
    Moldova
    Monaco
    Mongolia
    Montenegro
    Morocco
    Mozambique
    Namibia
    Nepal
    Netherlands
    Netherlands Antilles
    New Caledonia
    New Zealand
    Nicaragua
    Nigeria
    North Korea
    Norway
    Oman
    Pakistan
    Panama
    Paraguay
    Peru
    Philippines
    Poland
    Portugal
    Puerto Rico
    Qatar
    Romania
    Russia
    Réunion
    Saudi Arabia
    Senegal
    Serbia
    Singapore
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Solomon Islands
    South Africa
    South Korea
    Spain
    Sri Lanka
    Sudan
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Syria
    Taiwan
    Tanzania
    Thailand
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Tunisia
    Turkey
    U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
    UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
    Uganda
    Ukraine
    United Arab Emirates
    United Kingdom
    United States
    Uruguay
    Uzbekistan
    Venezuela
    Vietnam
    Yemen
    Zimbabwe
and resolutions from 360-720p
Hi All!
Firstly great Plugin!

I'm trying to add some music channels to my PseudoTV Live setup using Vevo as the source. One channel I'd like to show the 'Most Viewed' the other channel I'd like to have 'Most Viewed - Rap/Hip Hop'

This is an extract from my Settings2.xml file of my attempt at 'Most Viewed - rap/hip hop':
<setting id="Channel_9_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_9_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_9_2" value="plugin://plugin.video.vevo/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.vevo.com%2Fmobile%2Fv1%2Fvideo%2Flist.json%3Fgenres%3Draphip-hop%26order%3DMostViewedThisMonth&amp;mode=playAll&amp;page=1" />
<setting id="Channel_9_3" value="VevoTV - Urban" />
<setting id="Channel_9_4" value="Sit back and enjoy a 24/7 stream of Hip Hop/Rap music videos on VEVO TV." />
<setting id="Channel_9_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_9_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_9_time" value="6018" />
<setting id="Channel_9_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_9_rule_1_opt_1" value="VevoTV - Urban" />

Have I missed something here?
(2014-01-07, 01:02)denz13 Wrote: Hi All!
Firstly great Plugin!

I'm trying to add some music channels to my PseudoTV Live setup using Vevo as the source. One channel I'd like to show the 'Most Viewed' the other channel I'd like to have 'Most Viewed - Rap/Hip Hop'

This is an extract from my Settings2.xml file of my attempt at 'Most Viewed - rap/hip hop':
<setting id="Channel_9_2" value="plugin://plugin.video.vevo/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.vevo.com%2Fmobile%2Fv1%2Fvideo%2Flist.json%3Fgenres%3Draphip-hop%26order%3DMostViewedThisMonth&amp;mode=playAll&amp;page=1" />
<setting id="Channel_9_4" value="Sit back and enjoy a 24/7 stream of Hip Hop/Rap music videos on VEVO TV." />

You can't currently use a directory in a plugin, only a specific link in a plugin directory. ie the specific song you want but not a directory list of them.
Use "mylibrary" script to create music videos strms from that vevo directory, then use PTVL to play that directory...
(2014-01-06, 23:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 22:53)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 20:54)Lunatixz Wrote: Dynamic artwork means that while you scroll through the EPG the infocus (highlighted) media's artwork is displayed and changes. Instead of just displaying the artwork for what is playing.

So Yes it needs to be enabled to work, but if you don't have the artwork stored locally it won't display, you need to run artwork downloader script.

for LiveTV you don't need the artwork stored locally, but you need to enable api's inorder to parse and store show data.

Hi Lunatixz, My movie posters are still not showing up. I have enabled dynamic artwork. All other artwork shows up fine. Do I need to get a TMDB API to get the posters to show? I was under the impression that the API key was needed for streamed content which has no local artwork, or is there something else wrong?

I am puzzled as to why my movie posters are effected and for other users shows fine (as far as the lack of questions/complaints int the forum goes.)
My movie collection is scraped and tagged with Media Companion. Then scanned into XBMC with the IMDB scraper.

The artwork Downloader addon downloads all the rest of the artwork for me in the respective movie folders. All my shows and movies have all the artwork and everything shows fine within normal XBMC. I have run out of ideas Sad

Enable debug in xbmc and ptvl, use ptvl, focus on something art should show up in... Then send me log

Hi, thanks for the reply. Heres the LOG I hope it's helpful and you can work some of your magic. Big Grin
(2014-01-07, 01:44)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 23:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 22:53)Rastan Wrote: Hi Lunatixz, My movie posters are still not showing up. I have enabled dynamic artwork. All other artwork shows up fine. Do I need to get a TMDB API to get the posters to show? I was under the impression that the API key was needed for streamed content which has no local artwork, or is there something else wrong?

Hi, thanks for the reply. Heres the LOG I hope it's helpful and you can work some of your magic. Big Grin

pastebin ubuntu sucks ass, lol can't download unless you log in... nonsense!

Are you sure you have local artwork? in the same folder as the media?
(2014-01-07, 02:09)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 01:44)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 23:38)Lunatixz Wrote: Enable debug in xbmc and ptvl, use ptvl, focus on something art should show up in... Then send me log

Yes, I have all the artwork in their separate movie folders. Here is an example...

Here is the LOG again, this time on dropbox.
(2014-01-07, 02:38)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 02:09)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 01:44)Rastan Wrote: Hi, thanks for the reply. Heres the LOG I hope it's helpful and you can work some of your magic. Big Grin

Yes, I have all the artwork in their separate movie folders. Here is an example...

Your missing poster.jpg... which is the standard name in frodo. Not MovieTitle-poster.jpg. That's why posters aren't working... The rest look named correctly.
(2014-01-07, 02:44)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 02:38)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 02:09)Lunatixz Wrote: pastebin ubuntu sucks ass, lol can't download unless you log in... nonsense!

Your missing poster.jpg... which is the standard name in frodo. Not MovieTitle-poster.jpg. That's why posters aren't working... The rest look named correctly.

Thanks Lunatixz you're a star!! ..That must be what my problem is. I have just gone in to Media Companion and changed the setting to save as Poster.jpg. My movie collection is very big so it will take a while to do them all. I will do that then clean and rescan the XBMC library. Then rescan my channels in PTVL. Hopefully I will be sorted after. I shall post my results when finished.
(2014-01-07, 01:29)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 01:02)denz13 Wrote: Hi All!
Firstly great Plugin!

You can't currently use a directory in a plugin, only a specific link in a plugin directory. ie the specific song you want but not a directory list of them.
Use "mylibrary" script to create music videos strms from that vevo directory, then use PTVL to play that directory...

Thanks for the reply, I've downloaded the MyLibrary script, I'm struggling to understand how I configure the XML for my criteria though, then once the XML has been configured what needs to be done?
I haven't had the time to check out anything past 0.2.5 to see whether
BCTs and Commercials are working now, but some feature ideas:

1. The rules system is very counter intuitive and not very user friendly from a usability standpoint. Maybe rewrite this section and make it sexy, as 'rules' are an integral part of any truly great PTV setup. Multi-rule Channels are not very great to set up, I could provide samples..

2. Possibility for a podcast channel (parsed from i.e. 'This American Life', 'Radiolab', 'Wait Wait, Don't tell me' etc.) (I think that's not possible now)

3. Page Up/Down to jump through the EPG one page at a time (saves time scrolling through a large setup)

4. EPG Categories (Movie section, TV section, Comedy, Murder, Fantasy...)

5. Possibility to set a "Start-up" channel in case of steam validation errors and PTVs subsequent closure.

If I come up with anything else, I'll post it.
(2014-01-07, 15:54)MovieJunky Wrote: I haven't had the time to check out anything past 0.2.5 to see whether
BCTs and Commercials are working now, but some feature ideas:

1. The rules system is very counter intuitive and not very user friendly from a usability standpoint. Maybe rewrite this section and make it sexy, as 'rules' are an integral part of any truly great PTV setup. Multi-rule Channels are not very great to set up, I could provide samples..

2. Possibility for a podcast channel (parsed from i.e. 'This American Life', 'Radiolab', 'Wait Wait, Don't tell me' etc.) (I think that's not possible now)

3. Page Up/Down to jump through the EPG one page at a time (saves time scrolling through a large setup)

4. EPG Categories (Movie section, TV section, Comedy, Murder, Fantasy...)

5. Possibility to set a "Start-up" channel in case of steam validation errors and PTVs subsequent closure.

If I come up with anything else, I'll post it.

1.) That's why i'm writing a windows and android companion tool for PTVL... for easier channel configuration Smile
2.) I think you can already, the rss code was written to work with podcast formats, give it a try...
3.)Yeah, page up/dw and direct input of channel from EPG is being worked on...
4.)?? You can already create Movie (Genre) channels/ TV Channels and use Genre colors to separate them. Can you elaborate on what you want?
5.) Yes, I need to fix that, been lazy. I really would like to stop the crashes in general. But a lot of it is because of XBMC player, can't null that dumb video failed popup.
Regarding the companion tool: That's cool, willing to share any info on that yet?

With EPG Categories I mean grouping certain channels based on content and havin a little text box on the overlay, say channels 10 - 20 contain only Sports,
and there is a little Text Box on the layout that says this is the "Sports" section. You know what I mean?

This would be great (imo) for overview and together with page up/down you could quickly go to the section you prefer, without really having to pay close
attention to the channel number.
In the Sky EPG, when you hit the 'Guide' button you are presented with a screen like this one here:
http://informitv.com/images/articles/sky...uide-A.jpg

When you click into 'Kids' for instance, it displays a cut down version of the TV Guide, which only shows the Kids channels. I think this is something like what MovieJunky is referring to.. right?

An idea for the Start-Up channel and to help avoid channels not loading exiting PTVL, would it be possible to have, for instance, a channel number kept aside for this. And then (if possible) when a channels fails to load for one reason or another you get re-directed to the fall back channel rather than have PTVL exit? Perhaps you can't do that though, if XBMC player has control at that point.
I would also love the start-up channel. My wife just called me at work to yell at me that she can't get the TV working and it keeps starting and exiting which probably means the channel that was last on is not working. The sorted Guide by Genre also sounds like a great idea as well as page up and down to jump through the Guide.

I would still love to have the option to jump around the guide as well as previously mentioned. I have all my Live TV channels bunched together and if I don't know what I want to watch, instead of scrolling through the Guide (mine continues to grow and is getting quite long to navigate), I can jump to that section and then scroll through what I want. I workaround this by first jumping to the first channel in that section and then opening the guide which has the same results but I have to leave my current program just to see what else might be on. Not huge, but would love the feature as we were use to it. If your working on the Page UP/Down hopefully this could get implemented as well.
  • 140(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45