• 234(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-04-09, 02:22)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 02:18)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 02:17)Rastan Wrote: Hi Lunatixz,

2 days ago I see you have added BCT Exclusion rule, Recursive Directories. I have just tried the latest but I cant seem to find anything in regards to BTC exclusions in settings. Confused

Advanced channel rules

Doh! ...Sorry ...LOL Thanks Big Grin

*Edit
I just tried it out. It works great!! I can't thank you enough Blush

Glad to hear, let me know how the recursive directories are working... want to make sure its functional before I move on...

(2014-04-09, 04:34)spyder Wrote: @Lunatixz - I got a couple direct plugin channels working(awesome addition btw) I noticed the 'description' shows up as the plugin/directory, any plans to add customized channel descriptions? Also, any plans/possibility to add dynamic epg info if the plugin source has tv episodes/movies?

It's in very early development, when its all finished It will have it's own artwork that will show the plugin icon (if available).
As for custom descriptions... its actually setup to use descriptions found for the individual media, if you see the plugin path then it didn't find any info...
I'm open to suggestions for alternatives to the plugin path. But I won't be adding any custom switches like the ones found in chtype 9.

@tromy, @zensbert

I fixed some issues with the Unicode errors, you will still need to disable system cache (keep your eyes out for a commoncache plugin update, it will include a fix so you can re enable caching).
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I will just sum up, to make it short;

1. there is an error with mutated vowelsnin your latest version, but there will be a fix from the commoncache (got it right?) plugin soon.
2. my tv series based channel 9 does not get created
3. the stream channel 19 does not show a video
4. checked the rss, got result back that it is a valid rss feed. He skips creating it, because it could not detect any videos.
(2014-04-09, 02:18)Lunatixz Wrote: @tromy, @zensbert

I fixed some issues with the Unicode errors, you will still need to disable system cache (keep your eyes out for a commoncache plugin update, it will include a fix so you can re enable caching).
The option enable/disable cache works now in v 0.3.7.
Thank you, Lunatixz
(2014-04-09, 04:37)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 02:22)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 02:18)Lunatixz Wrote: Advanced channel rules

Doh! ...Sorry ...LOL Thanks Big Grin

*Edit

Glad to hear, let me know how the recursive directories are working... want to make sure its functional before I move on...

(2014-04-09, 04:34)spyder Wrote: @Lunatixz - I got a couple direct plugin channels working(awesome addition btw) I noticed the 'description' shows up as the plugin/directory, any plans to add customized channel descriptions? Also, any plans/possibility to add dynamic epg info if the plugin source has tv episodes/movies?

It's in very early development, when its all finished It will have it's own artwork that will show the plugin icon (if available).
As for custom descriptions... its actually setup to use descriptions found for the individual media, if you see the plugin path then it didn't find any info...
I'm open to suggestions for alternatives to the plugin path. But I won't be adding any custom switches like the ones found in chtype 9.

@tromy, @zensbert

Hi Lunatixz,

I may have been a little hasty with my comment last night. have been doing some more thorough testing on your new changes. On closer inspection I have discovered that adverts and bumpers do not work on movie channels. I set the BCT rule in PTVL settings and pointed to the folder with each of the three, then set each to show each 1 time between programs.

On TV shows BCT's work as expected.

Exclusion BCT rule works as expected.

I also tested on my Disney movie channel to manually interleave a bumper folder and PTVL ignores the rule

Here is a channel rundown for clarity purposes:

1 - Guide <--- Guide clips inside subfolder of bumpers folder (Works fine)
2 - Early Learning <--- path S:\Childrens Corner\Early Learning\ The channel plays but (ignores 2 folder based interweaved bumper channel rules)
3 - Sky Movies Action <---- Trailers work, Adverts and Bumpers ignored.
4 - Sky Movies Animation <--- Set rule to exclude BCT's (Works), Also set rule to interleave hidden folder based channel for bumper. But PTVL ignores interleave rule
6 - History Channel <--- BCT Rule works fine
8 - Tiny Tots <--- Set Rule to exclude (BCT's Works fine) - Set 2 hidden folder based interleave channels (Again ignored by PTVL)

It seems the interleave rule is still not working properly.
PTVL's BCT rules work only partially on movie channels. (It only shows trailers) Wheras TV Shows work fine.

For interleaving have you tried creating a channel or 2 of directory based channels. Then put the hidden rule on and then tried to interleave them with another visible movie genre based channel. I would be very curious to see if it works correctly for you.

I hope I have been clear enough and you can find a solution. Here is my LOG
(2014-04-09, 16:02)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 04:37)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 02:22)Rastan Wrote: Doh! ...Sorry ...LOL Thanks Big Grin

*Edit

@tromy, @zensbert

Hi Lunatixz,

I may have been a little hasty with my comment last night. have been doing some more thorough testing on your new changes. On closer inspection I have discovered that adverts and bumpers do not work on movie channels. I set the BCT rule in PTVL settings and pointed to the folder with each of the three, then set each to show each 1 time between programs.

I also tested on my Disney movie channel to manually interleave a bumper folder and PTVL ignores the rule

2 - Early Learning <--- path S:\Childrens Corner\Early Learning\ The channel plays but (ignores 2 folder based interweaved bumper channel rules)
4 - Sky Movies Animation <--- Set rule to exclude BCT's (Works), Also set rule to interleave hidden folder based channel for bumper. But PTVL ignores interleave rule
8 - Tiny Tots <--- Set Rule to exclude (BCT's Works fine) - Set 2 hidden folder based interleave channels (Again ignored by PTVL)

PTVL's BCT rules work only partially on movie channels. (It only shows trailers) Wheras TV Shows work fine.

For interleaving have you tried creating a channel or 2 of directory based channels. Then put the hidden rule on and then tried to interleave them with another visible movie genre based channel. I would be very curious to see if it works correctly for you.

Movie BCT exclusion is working fine on my end...
"Only shows trailers"?? that's what it's designed to do... read post 2
Movie channels only offer trailers if you enable it in settings, and it was tested with the exclusion rule... does this help?
or do you still have a problem?

Directory interleaving was tested on my end, both local and smb directories with hidden rules.
Both worked correctly. I'm not sure whats going on.... When I have free time I will look over your log, thanks
(2014-04-09, 16:53)Lunatixz Wrote: When I have free time I will look over your log, thanks

if you have the time, pls check my errors as well.. thanks in advance.
(2014-04-09, 16:53)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 16:02)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 04:37)Lunatixz Wrote: Glad to hear, let me know how the recursive directories are working... want to make sure its functional before I move on...

@tromy, @zensbert

Hi Lunatixz,

Movie channels only offer trailers if you enable it in settings, and it was tested with the exclusion rule... does this help?

Directory interleaving was tested on my end, both local and smb directories with hidden rules.
Both worked correctly. I'm not sure whats going on.... When I have free time I will look over your log, thanks

Do I understand correct that it is not possible to have bumpers and adverts, but just trailers auto generated for movie channels in the BCT settings?
Meaning you can only have all three on TV channels. I ask because I can only get it to generate all three for TV show channels.

As for the interleave rule, I am still trying to get it to work. I have started with a fresh settings2 to keep things simple. Have tried in PseudoTV Manager and have tried editing with PTVL gui. The strange thing is that if I unhide the channel it plays, but it will not interleave with another channel.

**Edit**

I have just tried interleaving a movie genre channel with another, instead of a directory based one and that also failed. I am totally stumped that you have it working on your end. When you get the chance could you please look at this LOG demonstrating interleave rules failing to generate (BCT settings turned off)
(2014-04-09, 18:17)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 16:53)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 16:02)Rastan Wrote: Hi Lunatixz,

Do I understand correct that it is not possible to have bumpers and adverts, but just trailers auto generated for movie channels in the BCT settings?
Meaning you can only have all three on TV channels. I ask because I can only get it to generate all three for TV show channels.

As for the interleave rule, I am still trying to get it to work. I have started with a fresh settings2 to keep things simple. Have tried in PseudoTV Manager and have tried editing with PTVL gui. The strange thing is that if I unhide the channel it plays, but it will not interleave with another channel.

**Edit**

I have just tried interleaving a movie genre channel with another, instead of a directory based one and that also failed. I am totally stumped that you have it working on your end. When you get the chance could you please look at this LOG demonstrating interleave rules failing to generate (BCT settings turned off)

Correct, Movie channels don't get bumpers or commercials...
(2014-04-09, 19:47)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 18:17)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 16:53)Lunatixz Wrote: Movie BCT exclusion is working fine on my end...

**Edit**

Thanks for straightening that out. I would request you include adverts and bumpers, but I can easily create my own with interleave rules. Its driving me mad that interleave is working for you but refuses for me. The only difference could be Gotham, what version are you using? its not a networking issue as all the files are local. I have tried moving the interleaved channel folder to the root of the partition. I have tried interleaving from a channel which has content scanned into the library rather than a directory. I doubt its corruption as I have started from scratch for testing purposes. I just hope you can see something in my log or maybe its a new bug. I will just patiently wait with my fingers crossed. Angel
(2014-04-09, 20:04)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 19:47)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 18:17)Rastan Wrote: "Only shows trailers"?? that's what it's designed to do... read post 2

**Edit**

Thanks for straightening that out. I would request you include adverts and bumpers, but I can easily create my own with interleave rules. Its driving me mad that interleave is working for you but refuses for me. The only difference could be Gotham, what version are you using? its not a networking issue as all the files are local. I have tried moving the interleaved channel folder to the root of the partition. I have tried interleaving from a channel which has content scanned into the library rather than a directory. I doubt its corruption as I have started from scratch for testing purposes. I just hope you can see something in my log or maybe its a new bug. I will just patiently wait with my fingers crossed. Angel

Yeah, I don't plan on adding averts and bumpers to movie channels...

As for interleaving, I know you're a long time user of Pseudotv... but are you sure the interleaving is setup correctly?
channel 1 should have interleaving for channel 2
channel 2 should have do not play (hide) rule....
is this your setup?
(2014-04-09, 20:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 20:04)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 19:47)Lunatixz Wrote: Correct, Movie channels don't get bumpers or commercials...

As for interleaving, I know you're a long time user of Pseudotv... but are you sure the interleaving is setup correctly?
is this your setup?

My normal setup has the hidden interleaved channels after.
channel 1 <--- Interleave channel 200
channel 200 (with do not play rule)

This has always worked for me in the past. I just tried your method and vise-versa, unfortunately it has no effect. The interleave rule is still skipped. LOG
(2014-04-09, 21:41)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 20:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 20:04)Rastan Wrote: Thanks for straightening that out. I would request you include adverts and bumpers, but I can easily create my own with interleave rules. Its driving me mad that interleave is working for you but refuses for me. The only difference could be Gotham, what version are you using? its not a networking issue as all the files are local. I have tried moving the interleaved channel folder to the root of the partition. I have tried interleaving from a channel which has content scanned into the library rather than a directory. I doubt its corruption as I have started from scratch for testing purposes. I just hope you can see something in my log or maybe its a new bug. I will just patiently wait with my fingers crossed. Angel

is this your setup?

This has always worked for me in the past. I just tried your method and vise-versa, unfortunately it has no effect. The interleave rule is still skipped. LOG

Ugh, thanks for ruining my weekend, lol
Really hate debugging!! I don't get it thou, interleaving runs on my setup... when you brought up the issue last weekend. I tested every combo, they all worked.

I'm going to have to sift through all the code related to rules and channel building to find whats at error. I will review your log... but won't hold my breath that it will yield a clear answer...

Do me a favor, disable system cache under misc, debugging, force channel reset. let me know if it interleaves channels... thanks
(2014-04-09, 21:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 21:41)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 20:31)Lunatixz Wrote: Yeah, I don't plan on adding averts and bumpers to movie channels...

is this your setup?

Really hate debugging!! I don't get it thou, interleaving runs on my setup... when you brought up the issue last weekend. I tested every combo, they all worked.

I'm going to have to sift through all the code related to rules and channel building to find whats at error. I will review your log... but won't hold my breath that it will yield a clear answer...

Do me a favor, disable system cache under misc, debugging, force channel reset. let me know if it interleaves channels... thanks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and potentially ruining your weekend...lol
I just tried your suggestion of disabling system cache but it made no difference. I then deleted the cache folder, disabled debugging as well as system cache but interleaving is still being skipped.
(2014-04-09, 22:12)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 21:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 21:41)Rastan Wrote: My normal setup has the hidden interleaved channels after.

I just tried your suggestion of disabling system cache but it made no difference. I then deleted the cache folder, disabled debugging as well as system cache but interleaving is still being skipped.

Alright... I'll try and figure it out over the weekend. Let you know then...
(2014-04-09, 22:13)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 22:12)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 21:45)Lunatixz Wrote: Ugh, thanks for ruining my weekend, lol

Alright... I'll try and figure it out over the weekend. Let you know then...

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out. Sorry for being a pain in the a**...lol Blush
  • 234(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45