• 364(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-07-24, 17:23)Estate Wrote: Hi there,

I just set this up in my XBMC and love it. Thank so much!

I did search for this question, my apologies if it has been answered somewhere, I could not find a solution.

I control XBMC using the Offical Android remote. The "OK" button (middle of navigation arrows) brings up the EPG the first time I click it when I open Pseudo TV Live.
However any actions after that, XBMC seems to take over in playback mode so clicking the "OK" button just performs the standard action of giving me details of whats playing. Is there a way I can fix this or map keys differently so that I can get back to the EPG again?

Many thanks.

i changed skins and it seemed to fix my issue. im running on ubuntu, though
I repost in case someone has any idea:

I use media portal backend to watch live tv channels.
When I watch through xbmc live tv the time between changing channels is 2 sec.
When I watch through PLTV the time is 8 sec.
I wonder if it's just me or all of you have the same times?and if there is away to reduce the 8 sec?

I have used all other backends and still the same results even with margo pvr builds for faster changing channels.
(2014-07-24, 14:37)bry- Wrote: swap out the mem card or usb drive

I tried that a good many times. Just bought a new class 10 SD card today, and still nothing. Sad

I really would love to find a solution for this...if I can't, I'm going to have to downgrade hardcore my version of PTVL, which I'd rather not do.

Edit: Idea time! I'm going to troubleshoot it... I am starting by disabling services and settings to see if that helps. Will post results.
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
I haven't been able to run PTVL the last few days. Tried to rebuild channels, deleted cache, and etc etc. Something has changed with plugins as I see a few are down as of a few days ago and so I get script errors popup as PTVL begins its initializing of channels. The script error popups are from Steam, gotv, gomovies, and a few more I can't remember. Looking at the crash log I see a crap load of errors concerning Ulive. Don't know if any of these affect PTVL but that's what logs are for:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7n34uxybi6xryu/xbmc.log
(2014-07-25, 05:51)pharmeceutikle Wrote: I haven't been able to run PTVL the last few days. Tried to rebuild channels, deleted cache, and etc etc. Something has changed with plugins as I see a few are down as of a few days ago and so I get script errors popup as PTVL begins its initializing of channels. The script error popups are from Steam, gotv, gomovies, and a few more I can't remember. Looking at the crash log I see a crap load of errors concerning Ulive. Don't know if any of these affect PTVL but that's what logs are for:

Just looked through your log and found that PTVL can't get channel information. I know you tried deleting cache and rebuilding channels, but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the script?
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
Update on Rpi:

Disabled dynamic artwork completely and now it doesn't lock up at all...ran for 6 straight hours with no issue (usually it would lock up after 15 minutes....) Now, I am going to test today what exactly is causing the lock up with the dynamic artwork and hopefully can let you all know...maybe something can be done for a future update? Smile
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
Hey Guys, first of all I wanted thank you for this great addon.
I was looking for exactly such a solution, but I am suffering some channel issues.
I want to setup a TV-Series channel with a smartplaylist, which plays randome content without of specified tv-series.
Pseudotv live, does creat a channel but instead of mixing the content, it rows all seasons of a show after another, till the next show.
In addition to that, the EPG does show the hole file name instead if showing just the shows name.
Does anyone have some hints for me to resolve this problem[/code]?
Thanks

Smartplaylist

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>FOX</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="title" operator="contains">
<value>24</value>
<value>Family Guy</value>
<value>House</value>
<value>New Girl</value>
<value>The Simpsons</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>
(2014-07-25, 14:38)xbmc30 Wrote: Hey Guys, first of all I wanted thank you for this great addon.
I was looking for exactly such a solution, but I am suffering some channel issues.
I want to setup a TV-Series channel with a smartplaylist, which plays randome content without of specified tv-series.
Pseudotv live, does creat a channel but instead of mixing the content, it rows all seasons of a show after another, till the next show.
In addition to that, the EPG does show the hole file name instead if showing just the shows name.
Does anyone have some hints for me to resolve this problem[/code]?
Thanks

Smartplaylist

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>FOX</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="title" operator="contains">
<value>24</value>
<value>Family Guy</value>
<value>House</value>
<value>New Girl</value>
<value>The Simpsons</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

xbmc30, changing the smartplaylist type to episodes should fix both issues
earlieb, thank you so much! It is working!
I just had to change the smatplaylist to episode and switch to "TV Serie is ........", instead of Titel is.
I tried everything but that.
Thanks again!
(2014-07-25, 13:12)ryanmcclure Wrote: Update on Rpi:

Disabled dynamic artwork completely and now it doesn't lock up at all...ran for 6 straight hours with no issue (usually it would lock up after 15 minutes....) Now, I am going to test today what exactly is causing the lock up with the dynamic artwork and hopefully can let you all know...maybe something can be done for a future update? Smile

http://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/27...pberry_pi/

(2014-07-25, 05:51)pharmeceutikle Wrote: I haven't been able to run PTVL the last few days. Tried to rebuild channels, deleted cache, and etc etc. Something has changed with plugins as I see a few are down as of a few days ago and so I get script errors popup as PTVL begins its initializing of channels. The script error popups are from Steam, gotv, gomovies, and a few more I can't remember. Looking at the crash log I see a crap load of errors concerning Ulive. Don't know if any of these affect PTVL but that's what logs are for:

Every error you're getting doesn't originate from PseudoTV Live... to save time before posting logs, search your log for "Exception" if it has an exception coming from another plugin... you need to ask for help in their thread.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-07-25, 22:26)Lunatixz Wrote: http://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/27...pberry_pi/

Thank you! I have OCed my Pi already. I never knew about the optimized advancedsettings.xml I found this on http://bornslacker.com/raspberry-pi-with...t-2/....is this the right file?

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>5282880</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
<fanartres>560</fanartres>
<imageres>256</imageres>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<lookandfeel>
<enablerssfeeds>false</enablerssfeeds>
</lookandfeel>
<bginfoloadermaxthreads>2</bginfoloadermaxthreads>
</advancedsettings>

By the way Luna, never knew that you used a Pi...Awesome! And thanks again! Smile If this works, I will be the happiest Pi owner on earth.
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
updated 12/22/14

This post assumes that you have the following. Please read this post start to finish before proceeding with the guide to make sure you understand all information.

I am not responsible if you bork up your settings2.xml - please make a backup before moving forward.

Part 1 - Setting up DHCP reservation for the HDHR.
First you need to figure out what kind of router you have. Depending on the manufacturer you can find instructions below.
  1. Find your default gateway, login to your router. check instructions below.
  2. Linksys
  3. Netgear
  4. Reboot HDHomerun

Part 2 - Generating the STRM files.
  1. Go to your newly assign HDHomerun IP address - and click the channel lineup link. In my example my hdhr has a 10.10.1.10 assigned IP address. You will more than likely have a 192.168.X.X
  2. If you are using an OTA tuner from SiliconDust your channels will more than likely have a decimal. ie. 3.1, 3.2, 3.3
  3. Create a folder to place the strm files. I use c:\strm\
  4. Download and install notepad++
  5. In notepad++ create a new file and input the ip address of your HDHomerun that you set in part 1. File --> Save As, 002.strm, or whatever naming convention you decide to use.
  6. add c:\strm as a source in xbmc and test the strm file you just created
  7. Repeat step 5. for desired channel by changing the # after the v2

Part 3 - Acquiring Metadata for EPG

In this example I will be using data from http://www.schedulesdirect.org which requires a paid membership. Alternative xmltv sources are WebGrabPlus, and mc2xml.
  1. Configure channel listings in schedules direct like below. Only selecting the channels you will be viewing within xbmc.

2. Download and setup mc2xml for use with your brand new schedulesdirect account.
    • Run "mc2xml", it has a simple graphical user interface
    • Input postal code and country code and press OK
    • Select lineup number from the returned list and an xmltv.xml file will be produced in the same folder as the mc2xml.exe file.

Part 4 - Setup in PseudoTV Live by @Lunatixz .

For this part I have relocated the strm files to c:\strm\tuner0\
  1. Download and install notepad++
  2. Open xmltv.xml with notepad++ and look for the <channel></channel> tag that look similar to the ones below for channel 702.
    • <channel id="I702.16689.tmsdatadirect.com">
      <display-name>702 WCBSDT</display-name>
      <display-name>702</display-name>
      <display-name>33 WCBSDT fcc</display-name>
      <display-name>WCBSDT</display-name>
      <display-name>WCBSDT (WCBS-DT)</display-name>
      <display-name>CBS Affiliate</display-name>
      </channel>

3. Here is your baseline configuration for a channel to copy into Settings2.xml for PseudoTV Live. The only information that you will be changing is color coded and in bold. Once you get this part down you can copy/paste and do a few quick edits to be up and running in no time.
  4. The Color coding is as follows:
    • BLUE - the channel code for metadata from your provider.
    • RED - the channel number that PseudoTV will use for the episode guide.
    • GREEN - the absolute path to the STRM file that you generated in Part 1.
    • PURPLE - the display name of the channel if you do not have a proper channel logo.png with the same exact file name. IE: CBS NY.PNG will display the below image in the EPG. The PNG must be located in the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv.live\logos folder.

• <setting id="Channel_702_type" value="8" />
      <setting id="Channel_702_1" value="I702.16689.tmsdatadirect.com" />
      <setting id="Channel_702_2" value="C:\strm\tuner1\702 - CBS HD.strm" />
      <setting id="Channel_702_3" value="xmltv" />
      <setting id="Channel_702_rulecount" value="1" />
      <setting id="Channel_702_changed" value="False" />
      <setting id="Channel_702_time" value="44968" />
      <setting id="Channel_702_rule_1_id" value="1" />
      <setting id="Channel_702_rule_1_opt_1" value="CBS NY" />

5. Once you have properly sorted through all of your channels and added them to the Settings2.xml file this is your reward.

Please make sure not to forget to donate to xbmc foundation for this fantastic program that we all enjoy so much.

Also if you enjoy your new found functionality in PseudoTV Live send a donation towards Lunatixz here - this will unlock some additional features that you can read about in the PseudoTV Live thread.

Creative criticism welcome. I will amend the post as necessary.
Still nothing with the Pi. Locks up during building and viewing..I'm about to downgrade to 0.4.5 and stay on it so I can use the program..Meh
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
(2014-07-26, 00:14)ryanmcclure Wrote: Still nothing with the Pi. Locks up during building and viewing..I'm about to downgrade to 0.4.5 and stay on it so I can use the program..Meh

Logs?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Sorry Luna, I would have uploaded logs after the most recent crash, but I had an issue. That new advancedsettings.xml file caused my Pi to go into a restart loop... Removed it. I will use PTVL until it crashes, and then a log will be uploaded.
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
  • 364(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45