• 387(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Is there a hack to disable the "Loading channel.." overlay?

Also, here's a bug I can't find a workaround for.. I add a logo to my Logos folder, yet when I change channels the logo appears to the left of the PseudoTV logo (my understand is that this is default and should be replaced by the new logo). Also on the "coming up next" overlay, it shows the default logo instead of my new added logo. Cleared Art Cache and same thing. Any ideas?
Hello,
I am looking for the very first alpha version of "PSEUDOTV LITE" pvr addon.
is there somewhere I can download it? I know it's in very early stage right now but I really like to be a tester if that's possible.
thanks.
(2014-08-31, 22:26)SOME1 Wrote: Hello,
I am looking for the very first alpha version of "PSEUDOTV LITE" pvr addon.
is there somewhere I can download it? I know it's in very early stage right now but I really like to be a tester if that's possible.
thanks.

It hasn't been release... and may not be for a while...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-08-31, 19:55)dfdeath Wrote: Is there a hack to disable the "Loading channel.." overlay?

Look for lowback.png in the resources\skins\ ... media folder and paint it all black.

edit: nevermind...thats changing channel not loading channel
The overlay occurs when changing channels too. That's the main place I want it gone actually..
(2014-08-31, 22:49)dfdeath Wrote: The overlay occurs when changing channels too. That's the main place I want it gone actually..

why do you want it removed?
::Update::

I'm completely overhauling the Direct plugin chtype (mainly for performance reasons, but also to make channel configuration less complex).

New settings2 for chtype 15 will be:
Code:
<setting id="Channel_#_type" value="15" />
<setting id="Channel_#_1" value="plugin://plugin.video.vevo_tv" />
<setting id="Channel_#_2" value="VEVO TV (Germany),VEVO TV (US: Nashville)" />
<setting id="Channel_#_3" value="25" />
<setting id="Channel_#_4" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_#_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_opt_1" value="VevoTV Plugin" />
_1, Plugin path, accurate to what you see when navigating the plugin
_2, Exclude list, can be files or directories
_3, File limit (applies to each directory). So 25 will parse 25 files per directory found.
_4, sort order

For now on chtype 15 will parse everything under the directory in _1... so if you point it to a show, example: plugin://plugin.video.sega/TV Shows/Genres/Crime/Criminal Minds
All season folders under that root will be parsed. If you only want season one, you would change _1 to plugin://plugin.video.sega/TV Shows/Genres/Crime/Criminal Minds/Season 01
If you wanted all season but Season 05 you configure _2 to include Season 05

This change will be included in v.0.4.9
I was wondering if there's a way to display the XBMC OSD instead of the pseudotv one. It's nice to have the time pop up along with information about the playing video.

Thanks!
Best addon on xbmc period!! You sould put a better name to it!! Change the name i mean the plugin has come so far, its not the pseudo as before
(2014-08-31, 19:55)dfdeath Wrote: Is there a hack to disable the "Loading channel.." overlay?

Also, here's a bug I can't find a workaround for.. I add a logo to my Logos folder, yet when I change channels the logo appears to the left of the PseudoTV logo (my understand is that this is default and should be replaced by the new logo). Also on the "coming up next" overlay, it shows the default logo instead of my new added logo. Cleared Art Cache and same thing. Any ideas?

You are saying that you are seeing both the default PTVL logo and the channel logo you added? That shouldn't be possible. Did you edit any XML files? Also try using a different skin see if that clears it up.
::Update::

Finished Direct Plugin rewrite, and Direct Playon chtype (which will work similar to Direct Plugin). Direct Playon will have some drawbacks... namely because playon updates their links every few hrs channel playlists will grow old quickly... This means the playon channel will require PTVL's settop box enabled to allow hourly channel updating. Settop feature isn't finished yet (very buggy). I'll keep you updated.

Playon will allow Hulu, Amazon, Netflix to integrate easily with PseudoTV Live!

If you are interested in signing up for playon services please use my link below or in post 1,

For a limited time sign up using my link below or in post 1 and receive a free google chromecast with the purchase of playon + playon later lifetime

nice job luna! ive had a playon license since they first came out so unfortunately will not be using your ref. i'll continue to toss donations your way as funds become available
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-09-01, 04:59)bry- Wrote: nice job luna! ive had a playon license since they first came out so unfortunately will not be using your ref. i'll continue to toss donations your way as funds become available

Thanks, I've also had playon from day one... so long ago my only XBMC system was the xbox 1...
(2014-08-29, 13:44)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-08-29, 08:01)nickca Wrote: I've been using PseudoTV Live for a while and have several large (1000+ videos) YouTube channels. I'm also on a Raspberry Pi with a slow WiFi connection. Sometimes when switching between videos, it would load slowly, then attempt to switch to the next channel. The next video would eventually load and play, but as far as PseudoTV knew it had switched channels. The EPG would display as being on the next channel from the one playing, and when it was time to switch videos again, it would play the next video of the channel it switched to. I was able to stop this behavior by commenting out this section in resources/lib/Overlay.py:

Code:
#if self.notPlayingCount > 6:
        #    try:
        #        self.getControl(101).setLabel('Error Loading: Changing Channel')
        #    except:
        #        pass

#    self.channelUp()
        #    self.log("error three peat invalid channel, Changing Channel")
        #    return

This fixes the problem and PseudoTV works how I want it to. Could this be made a settable option?

No this is a required fail safe. Do you have play next video enabled in XBMC? If so try disabling it...

It happens whether that setting is enabled or not. Maybe make the notPlayingCount settable, even as a debug option? I'll try setting it to, say, 12 instead of commenting out that whole block and see if that works. I can't be the only one this happens to, and it makes PTV essentially unusable.
That didn't work. When I started PTVL it showed a message saying it was clearing the artwork cache but the logos and all other artwork remained. Here's a log:

http://1drv.ms/1mapZRL
  • 387(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45