• 458(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Have you used sio2 skin Luna?

Quote:What's up with the half log? if you can't show me the full log don't bother posting! waste of my time...
Here you go: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=325026

The previous full log was ~10MB
(2014-10-22, 23:28)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-22, 22:43)rosencrantz247 Wrote: EDIT 2: Got it to load. Had to change the settings for ch 95 from no channel type to 'none' as the channel type. Not sure what changed to get to read that way in the first place, but putting it to 'none' seems to have fixed it, as ptvl now loads.

Can't have empty channel info in settings2 Smile if you used the windows channel manager to build your configurations pleaese report a possible bug in that thread, thanks

Yeah that makes complete sense. Just odd that it changed to having no channel type in the first place. Not really sure how it managed that.

As for windows channel builder, it can't be that. I'm on Ubuntu Wink
(2014-10-22, 23:49)scilz Wrote: Have you used sio2 skin Luna?

nope... never heard of it till now Smile there isn't really anything on the skin side that should stop it from working...

(2014-10-23, 00:18)handsomepete Wrote:
Quote:What's up with the half log? if you can't show me the full log don't bother posting! waste of my time...
Here you go: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=325026

The previous full log was ~10MB

lol strike two Tongue

You're using an old version... please only logs from current builds... you are running 5.3 latest is 5.4a
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-10-23, 00:42)Lunatixz Wrote: lol strike two Tongue

You're using an old version... please only logs from current builds... you are running 5.3 latest is 5.4a

Works fine with 5.4a, Thanks Lunatixz
For the life of me I can't seem to get my 'NBC' channel to play shows in order

E.g Seinfeld plays Ep. 4 from Season 4, next Seinfeld episode that airs is Ep. 5 from Season 4 ect.

I've made sure I've made all the right advanced rules, turned on the 'Play TV Shows' in order rule as well as others - still no luck.

Any ideas/suggestions? Apologies if this question is fairly amateur, in dire straights though!
Quick question>>

If I want to leave PTVL open and running 24/7, Settop Box Mode theoretically exists for that purpose of updating the epg side as time passes.

BUT I don't want to leave a video stream playing 24/7. I have bandwidth caps I have to avoid exceeding, and streaming a video 24/7 all month will certainly exceed that! I could simply PAUSE the video, but that messes up my place in the live epg when I resume it 8 hours later. And it obviously doesn't work for live streams.

Is there (or could there be) a way to STOP all streams but still leave PTVL running as a program? Right now, both "x" and "esc" close PTVL entirely for me.
(2014-10-23, 15:20)BankerBankson Wrote: Quick question>>

If I want to leave PTVL open and running 24/7, Settop Box Mode theoretically exists for that purpose of updating the epg side as time passes.

BUT I don't want to leave a video stream playing 24/7. I have bandwidth caps I have to avoid exceeding, and streaming a video 24/7 all month will certainly exceed that! I could simply PAUSE the video, but that messes up my place in the live epg when I resume it 8 hours later. And it obviously doesn't work for live streams.

Is there (or could there be) a way to STOP all streams but still leave PTVL running as a program? Right now, both "x" and "esc" close PTVL entirely for me.

I believe auto-off is the closest but that closes PTVL i believe. Perhaps you could have a "safe channel" that you set it on that doesn't have streaming video (a local video channel).

I would say you best bet is auto-off however and use a skin that allows you to put a direct link to PTVL on the home screen so you can easily turn it on when you need it again.

EDIT: As a feature request (or as part of the future STB update) maybe a timer where if no input is entered in X amount of time PTVL defaults to a specific channel (ex: Channel 1 as a static page or local video).
(2014-10-23, 15:26)azrael17 Wrote:

I believe auto-off is the closest but that closes PTVL i believe. Perhaps you could have a "safe channel" that you set it on that doesn't have streaming video (a local video channel).

I would say you best bet is auto-off however and use a skin that allows you to put a direct link to PTVL on the home screen so you can easily turn it on when you need it again.

I see. Maybe I'll submit this as an official [Feature Request] then, and if anyone else finds it useful, Lunatixz could try to make it happen! If not/until then, I'll use this workaround.

I ask for my wife. Since I can't leave PTVL open all the time and have to close it, she can never figure out how to get it back open, haha! Maybe I'll write up an instruction list for the time being!
(2014-10-23, 15:31)BankerBankson Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 15:26)azrael17 Wrote:

I see. Maybe I'll submit this as an official [Feature Request] then, and if anyone else finds it useful, Lunatixz could try to make it happen! If not/until then, I'll use this workaround.

I ask for my wife. Since I can't leave PTVL open all the time and have to close it, she can never figure out how to get it back open, haha! Maybe I'll write up an instruction list for the time being!

I think it could definitely be useful as many people (myself included) have data caps, and significant others who are not technologically saavy.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to code but maybe it could function as a timer that triggers the existing "Startup channel" code, or maybe as a derivation of the auto-off code where instead of shutting down PTVL it "reboots" it and in doing so defaults to whatever the "Startup Channel" is.
(2014-10-23, 15:37)azrael17 Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 15:31)BankerBankson Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 15:26)azrael17 Wrote: I believe auto-off is the closest but that closes PTVL i believe. Perhaps you could have a "safe channel" that you set it on that doesn't have streaming video (a local video channel).

I think it could definitely be useful as many people (myself included) have data caps, and significant others who are not technologically saavy.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to code but maybe it could function as a timer that triggers the existing "Startup channel" code, or maybe as a derivation of the auto-off code where instead of shutting down PTVL it "reboots" it and in doing so defaults to whatever the "Startup Channel" is.
maybe create a channel guide like this one: http://vimeo.com/101061001 and see if luna can add an option for you streamers out there to default to this after a certain amount of time?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-10-23, 16:18)bry- Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 15:37)azrael17 Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 15:31)BankerBankson Wrote: I see. Maybe I'll submit this as an official [Feature Request] then, and if anyone else finds it useful, Lunatixz could try to make it happen! If not/until then, I'll use this workaround.

maybe create a channel guide like this one: http://vimeo.com/101061001 and see if luna can add an option for you streamers out there to default to this after a certain amount of time?

My only hesitation with using the timer function is having it turn off in the middle of watching something. Like you 2, I'm not sure how hard it would be to code in. Ideally (in my mind) would be to utilize "esc" as program exit and utilize "x" or something else to simply stop playback. And maybe hitting "x" could/would stop the existing playback and immediately switch to something like "the guide channel" (some generic image would be grande).

:: shrug ::

We'll see where Lunatixz goes with this as development continues!
I've been thinking about the seasonal/holiday channel conundrum that several people have mentioned and all the workarounds people have posted. I thought of two possible solutions going forward:

1) Expanding the best effort scheduling capability to include a monthly setting, where you could insert a hidden channel into a regular channel for an entire month, or

2) Have some kind of month-based toggle which could switch a hidden channel into an unhidden channel for a specific month.

I'm not sure how this would work and whether the change in status would crash PTVL or whether it would simply take effect on the next restart or channel reset, but I thought it might be useful to share the idea.
(2014-10-23, 17:19)azrael17 Wrote: I've been thinking about the seasonal/holiday channel conundrum that several people have mentioned and all the workarounds people have posted. I thought of two possible solutions going forward:

1) Expanding the best effort scheduling capability to include a monthly setting, where you could insert a hidden channel into a regular channel for an entire month, or

2) Have some kind of month-based toggle which could switch a hidden channel into an unhidden channel for a specific month.

I'm not sure how this would work and whether the change in status would crash PTVL or whether it would simply take effect on the next restart or channel reset, but I thought it might be useful to share the idea.
Have briefly discussed this with luna.

if there is a better list out there he may be able to autotune a holiday chan.

ie: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ha...n_specials
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-10-23, 17:47)bry- Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 17:19)azrael17 Wrote: I've been thinking about the seasonal/holiday channel conundrum that several people have mentioned and all the workarounds people have posted. I thought of two possible solutions going forward:

Have briefly discussed this with luna.

if there is a better list out there he may be able to autotune a holiday chan.

ie: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ha...n_specials

Can you clarify what you mean by he needs a better list? I know that I formed my personal list from local sources using a smart playlist and a plot description tag. The crux of the problem is how to add that playlist to PTVL on a seasonal basis.

How would the autotune work? Would it match against a specified list and any from that list that exist in the person's library would be added to the channel? Or does he need some kind of list of actual video sources (ie: Youtube)? If so, I can probably help put together a playlist, but that doesn't seem to solve the main issue as most people who have posted about holiday channels so far have been focused on local sources.

Personally I like the idea of hidden/unhidden channels. They would appear only during a specified month and would be hidden for the rest. It would be a clean option in the guide and would still allow people to control the content of their channel (through playlists, genre tags, plot tags, etc). I just don't know if it will mess things up because it will cause a change to the EPG (it would have to only take effect after a restart or a reset).
  • 458(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45