• 461(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
This is an awesome plugin! I do have a question about PlayOn integration, though.

I've gotten it integrated using xbmc.mylibrary instead of PseudoLibrary, which may be the problem, but I've noticed something that essentially makes it unusable. Changing channels is very slow, I imagine when using streams there is no way to really get around that considering the stream has to load first. So my solution was to just use the channel guide since my use-case populates the channels with more streams than local content... this is where the problem occurred.

If I chose a channel in the guide that was using a stream it seemed to break out of PTVL. All controls reverted back to the default controls, meaning I could no longer change channels or bring up the guide. And when exiting and trying to return to PTVL it would remain in the same state (even if I specified it to always open to a local content channel). The only solution I came up with to fix PTVL so I could at least slowly flip through channels was to restart the htpc.

Is this a known issue? Do I need to be using PseudoLibrary instead? Will you need logs to even answer any of these questions?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Is there a way to decrease the time frame of what is show in one screen of the EPG, thereby making each individual show granted a larger space to display it's title. Is this handled by the add-on, or is it a skin specific setting?

I'd like to decrease is slightly so that I can still have show titles for some shorter videos without having them cut off. Alternatively, are there any skins that use a relatively small font size for EPG items?

EDIT: It would also be interesting if there was a way to have BCTs added in a manner that could round up a show's run-time to the nearest 15 minute increment.
(2014-10-24, 20:16)azrael17 Wrote: Is there a way to decrease the time frame of what is show in one screen of the EPG, thereby making each individual show granted a larger space to display it's title. Is this handled by the add-on, or is it a skin specific setting?

I'd like to decrease is slightly so that I can still have show titles for some shorter videos without having them cut off. Alternatively, are there any skins that use a relatively small font size for EPG items?

EDIT: It would also be interesting if there was a way to have BCTs added in a manner that could round up a show's run-time to the nearest 15 minute increment.

wahh? lol lost you Tongue anything skin related is skin specific... you can edit the skins individually. PTVL controls the "labels" for the skins...

There was a feature like that "Auto" BCT which filled the space between two shows to even out the hours... it was removed, but I can always add it back Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-10-24, 20:37)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 20:16)azrael17 Wrote: Is there a way to decrease the time frame of what is show in one screen of the EPG, thereby making each individual show granted a larger space to display it's title. Is this handled by the add-on, or is it a skin specific setting?

wahh? lol lost you Tongue anything skin related is skin specific... you can edit the skins individually. PTVL controls the "labels" for the skins...

There was a feature like that "Auto" BCT which filled the space between two shows to even out the hours... it was removed, but I can always add it back Smile

Awesome thanks, I figured it was a skin thing, but they all seemed to display the same time frame so I wasn't sure. I think the "Auto" BCT would go a long way toward making the EPG look cleaner and making a more cable-like experience. Not everybody would want it but if it was included as an option that could be toggled off I think that would be great.
(2014-10-24, 20:43)azrael17 Wrote:

Awesome thanks, I figured it was a skin thing, but they all seemed to display the same time frame so I wasn't sure. I think the "Auto" BCT would go a long way toward making the EPG look cleaner and making a more cable-like experience. Not everybody would want it but if it was included as an option that could be toggled off I think that would be great.

I'll second the usefulness of this feature. I tend to have some OCD and having everything line up on the 15's, if possible, would be AWESOME! Makes it more like the typical *ick*Cable*ick* setup we all know and love hate.

That would be cool, If you have the time please do.
(2014-10-24, 22:35)japes Wrote:

You say that now because you don't have it... but when it was a feature... nobody used it. The problem was that most users don't want a dozen bumpers, trailers and commercials between shows.

Remember bumpers are a few seconds, trailers and commercials are at most two minutes. most 1 hour shows run 48 minutes... thats 12 minutes to fill!

So unless you guys are truly telling me you want a 12 minute mix of BCT's... I'm gonna hold off on adding the feature Smile
Quick question on Channel sharing

I have read the info on post 1 and I have sharing working between 3 machines that playlists load fine across all machines.

I have my channel cache on my server with all 3 clients connecting to the shared channel folder.

What I wanted to know is if a client skips forward on a channel (skipping a few shows) is the new play position suppose to be updated to the cache? Seems every time I do a PTVL update my channels all reset back to S01E01 and I want an easy way to skip through channels and have it saved rather than editing the settings file
(2014-10-24, 23:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 20:37)Lunatixz Wrote: wahh? lol lost you Tongue anything skin related is skin specific... you can edit the skins individually. PTVL controls the "labels" for the skins...

You say that now because you don't have it... but when it was a feature... nobody used it. The problem was that most users don't want a dozen bumpers, trailers and commercials between shows.

Remember bumpers are a few seconds, trailers and commercials are at most two minutes. most 1 hour shows run 48 minutes... thats 12 minutes to fill!

So unless you guys are truly telling me you want a 12 minute mix of BCT's... I'm gonna hold off on adding the feature Smile

Well when you put it that way...

Only way it wouldn't be annoying (to me) is if you could break it up by putting BCTs in the middle of the video somewhere, so the break afterward wasn't so long to fill. But you can't do that predictively...it could cut the video mid-sentence. So I'm thinking you're right, at least from my POV...
(2014-10-25, 01:06)phsyraxion Wrote: Quick question on Channel sharing

I have read the info on post 1 and I have sharing working between 3 machines that playlists load fine across all machines.

I have my channel cache on my server with all 3 clients connecting to the shared channel folder.

What I wanted to know is if a client skips forward on a channel (skipping a few shows) is the new play position suppose to be updated to the cache? Seems every time I do a PTVL update my channels all reset back to S01E01 and I want an easy way to skip through channels and have it saved rather than editing the settings file
Would hitting the box to only show unwatched videos do what you are hoping for? That way, if it resets the channel, it should still remove the episodes you watched.
(2014-10-24, 20:37)Lunatixz Wrote: wahh? lol lost you Tongue anything skin related is skin specific... you can edit the skins individually. PTVL controls the "labels" for the skins...

Maybe so but I don't use real commercials. I use shorts for commercials. For instance I created a time capsule Disney Channel that plays Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin, Gummi Bears and such and I use Disney Theatrical Shorts (6-12 minutes) as commercials. in the "old" days I would interleave the short channel into the main Disney channel at a 1 to 2 shorts per show clip and depending on the length of the short randomly chosen it would be somewhat near schedule but would drift here and there.

...but I understand the investment time required for a few people is probably not warranted but I do appreciate the time you've invested so far.
(2014-10-25, 01:06)phsyraxion Wrote: Quick question on Channel sharing

Sounds like you setup a one way sync... continue to read the full post about channel sharing... Where I talk about reversing the process for a full sync.
Could someone help how I could change the subtitle language while watching videos through Pseudotv Live? Default XBMC buttons dont seem to work at the moment for that?
I downloaded keymap editor and found the xmbc default mappings (T & L keys) under "Full screen video/subtitles." But changing those, or adding them under "Programs/subtitles" wont do the trick..
I've red the instructions at Github front page about controls. And there keymap editor is recommended to use, but could someone make a quick step by step guide how it's done.
(2014-10-25, 03:09)japes Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 22:35)japes Wrote: That would be cool, If you have the time please do.

Maybe so but I don't use real commercials. I use shorts for commercials. For instance I created a time capsule Disney Channel that plays Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin, Gummi Bears and such and I use Disney Theatrical Shorts (6-12 minutes) as commercials. in the "old" days I would interleave the short channel into the main Disney channel at a 1 to 2 shorts per show clip and depending on the length of the short randomly chosen it would be somewhat near schedule but would drift here and there.

...but I understand the investment time required for a few people is probably not warranted but I do appreciate the time you've invested so far.

I was also planning on doing this. Also, lining up on the 15 minute marks makes this look neat and organized and BCTs can always be turned off for particular channels. I would love to see if anyone else is interested in this feature. People should comment yay or nay so we get an idea if it is wanted or unwanted.
(2014-10-25, 06:59)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 19:22)azrael17 Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 18:59)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: I would, but I doubt I'll get a helpful response over there. Most responses are along the lines of "LOL IT"S ALREADY ANSWERED IN THE OP"

When it's not.

Try manually deleting settings2.xml.

Then go into PTVL settings and check all the clear cache settings.

Then auto-tune again (the community list syntax for a bunch of lists has just been updated so that might have been part of the problem).

---

As for your live tv problem (which I was trying to help you with btw), I believe you need to open your xmltv file and change the channel names to match the correct stream names. I'm no expert on xmltv but if you upload it I can take a look and try to point out what section you need to change.

Based on your settings2.xml channels 1, 3, 9, 10, 14, 19, 27, 28, and 29 should already be matched correctly.

That means 2,4,5,6,7,8,11,13,13,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,23,24,25,26 need to be changed.

I posted it here.

thanks for the help!

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/57eda8bbedff24498e0c
-----
I looked at your settings2.xml, but you never mentioned if you tried the steps above.
-----
I've autotuned the RSS list and replicated the same problem:

<setting id="Channel_104_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_105_type" value="11" />
<setting id="Channel_105_time" value="2566" />
<setting id="Channel_105_1" value="http://feeds.feedburner.com/hubblecast_sd?format=xml" />
<setting id="Channel_105_2" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_105_3" value="25" />
<setting id="Channel_105_4" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_105_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_105_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_105_rule_1_opt_1" value="HubbleCast
" />
<setting id="Channel_105_changed" value="False" />

The end of the name setting gets bumped onto a separate line. Regardless the channels still work. To completely fix it you just need to go in settings2.xml and delete the space between the channel name and " />.

FOR LUNA: I would say that there must be a typo in the code that imports the channel name of rss.xml. I looked for it but I'm not sure where I was looking, but I would say that there is an extra space character in the code. That is your code must have something like "Channel Name[space]", where the space should be removed (I might be way off base but that is my best guess.
----------------------------------------------------------------

As to live TV I can't help much more. You are going to need to find and edit your XMLTV file to make sure that the name labels (ex: "MOVIES! LiveTV") match whatever your PVR channel labels are (either that or edit your pvr stream labels to match XMLTV). You'll have to do that for every PVR entry in your settings2.xml that autotuned to chtype 9 instead of chtype 8.

Example (Channel 1 is fine, Channel 2 needs to have the labels for it in XMLTV changed):

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="2566" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I15.28459936.microsoft.com" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_1_4" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="KMSP LiveTV" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_2_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_2_time" value="2566" />
<setting id="Channel_2_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_2_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/1.pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_2_3" value="Listing Unavailable" />
<setting id="Channel_2_4" value="TV Listing Unavailable, Check your xmltv file" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="BOUNCE LiveTV" />
<setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="False" />
  • 461(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45