Linux MCE remote for seperate X Screen
Having failed to get xbmc to work full screen in seperate x screen (nvidia propriatory drivers) because the second xscreen would blank out entirely....

However I have had success with debian wheezy using xfce and propriety drivers

Now I would like to get my cheap ifra red remote to work solely with xbmc. so that I can still use monitor for other applications

At the moment it works but if my mouse changes focus from the HDTV (Screen 1) to monitor (Screen 0) then remote works as a mouse / keyboard on the monitor and no longer fuctions to send signals to xbmc on screen 1. so at the moment all inputs keyboard, mouse, remote work with one screen at a time.

Do i need to disable the device in my xorg.conf ? I did try once or twice possibly with incorrect settings and wheezy no longer booted up.

OR do i need to just configure key mappings using lirc ?

I have searched but cant find same problem to myself any tips will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for any links or advise.
Take a look at the way openelec runs xbmc, I think it could help you:

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...?source=cc

Look for XBMC_ARGS=
Thanks I can see the link.

I dont think it will solve my problem as it seems written for another solution to another piece of software.

Sad
Am thinking now that has nothing to do with xorg.conf ...

see following link where sommeone wanted a similar situation but using mythtv....

http://askubuntu.com/questions/133513/tw...ernel-lirc

anyway if I try in terminal ;

irw

nothing happens
but i get some recognition using;

evtest

as suggested in the link.....
I think you should read LB06's excellent guide on how to get remote controls to work. What you need to do is make it work via LIRC instead of working as a keyboard, that way XBMC won't need focus.
Thank you negge looks like the soloution I shall be trying as soon as I get home.
Got to admit i thinks its broken me this problem.

I now have linuxmint debian 64bit MATE version working wonderfully with seperate x screens.
I have nvidia proprietary drivers installed and working ok
Upon reflection I would now prefer to use my Xbox 360 wireless controller to control xbmc running full screen0 whilst using a mouse and keyboard on screen1. I think I need a dual seat setup? Cananyone confirm?
At the moment xbox controller works out of the box with xbmc if in focus (much like the remote) But I want the mouse and keyboard only available for screen1 not screen0 and xbox 360 wireless to control screen0 only.....
xpad or ....?
I use elementary OS beta 2 with Nvidia drivers, separate x screens and a MCE remote, v.2. I just installed LIRC and everything worked out of the box. When asked what type of remote I have I selected windows mce all types and custom receiver. That's it. I can control XBMC on the second screen regardless if it's on focus or not while using primary monitor for everything else, including gaming.
reFocus - Simply the best

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote for seperate X Screen0