Option for Streaming
I am curious as to what my options are for my current situation... Setting up parents iMac with XBMC and it's running smoothly. I just bought an AppleTV for them and can't untethered jailbreak it, so I know they won't figure out the tethered option, so I am wondering what my options are to get them watching their videos on the TV as well.

Is there a way to stream from the iMac to the AppleTV at all?

I did buy the app BEAMER and it streams the videos great. Is there any way to use XBMC as an interface and when you click the video it plays through BEAMER to the HDTV?

Or, I know this is defeating the purpose a bit, but is it possible to use XBMC to organize the media, then have it play the file by opening it up in another app (beamer)Huh

Random thoughts Smile Just wanted to hear what others have done.
AirPlay mirroring should work rather well. If the iMac is too old too support AirPlay mirroring from OS X, then you can use AirParrot (3rd party).
It's a 2009, so I think AirPlay is out, but I can check out AirParrot though too. I am trying to remember how well that was last time I used it. Thanks Ned.
Yeah, I've got a 2009 MBP, so I had to use AirParrot for AirPlay mirroring. Works pretty good. Not max quality, but hard to notice most of the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option for Streaming0