Way to disable "back" button during video playback?
I've built XBMC machines for my parents and my brother and they're both having a similar issue. One of the boxes is a Mac Mini running the standard OSX build with the AppleTV remote, and my brother has a homebuilt machine running XBMCBuntu with the Boxee remote. The problem they're having is that if someone accidentally presses the "back" button on the remote while a video is playing, the main menu pops up and can't be turned off with the remote. The keyboard command to return to full-screen mode is the Tab key, which is easy enough to map to a remote with more buttons, but the AppleTV and Boxee remotes only have two buttons. They have to scramble to find their wireless keyboards to get out of the menu, which is annoying.

Is there a way to disable that "back" command during playback? It doesn't serve any useful function for them, because they're fine with stopping a video before browsing for another one, but they find that they're constantly accidentally pressing the "back" key one extra time when exiting the OSD and getting stuck with a main menu that won't go away.
Hit the back button again and it should go full screen
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ah, I should have mentioned that they're both using Aeon Nox -- when they hit "back" again it just takes them to the main menu again. Only way to turn off the menu and return to full screen is to press "tab." I think this is a skin-specific issue so I will check over there. Thanks!
(2013-07-14, 19:38)eg4190 Wrote: Ah, I should have mentioned that they're both using Aeon Nox -- when they hit "back" again it just takes them to the main menu again. Only way to turn off the menu and return to full screen is to press "tab." I think this is a skin-specific issue so I will check over there. Thanks!

And I use that skin too...
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I also have a Boxee remote. Change "back" to stop: Alternative keyboard.xml for Boxee Box remote (wiki)

Also has Period for switching fullscreen if you somehow get stuck like that again.
hi guys i have a similar problem, and was told to find the keymap.xml and edit it but when i check my keymaps folder i cant find any files, i have show hidden files enabled but still no file..

my problem is im using the t-r42 droid smart tv and its been flashed with wesser's firmware.. on this remote u have like a navigation section with an ok button in the middle..

during playback if u accentually hit up down left or right, the remote tries to fast forward or rewind.. but when watching live tv it causes xbmc to freeze if you hit this button.. and only way out is to force stop it and reopen it..
my parents wont be able to do this and its quiet annoying to begin with.. if i add the xml in the post above will this fix my problem or is there something else i need to do or add..

ideally i would like to disable the navigation during playback of live tv.. i just want the navigation to navigate and not fastforward or rewinds pls..

thanks
(2014-04-22, 05:05)huss Wrote: hi guys i have a similar problem, and was told to find the keymap.xml and edit it but when i check my keymaps folder i cant find any files, i have show hidden files enabled but still no file..

Copy the keymap file from the directory where XBMC is installed into the keymaps folder in userdata and edit it there. It will override the default one.
i just have an empty keymaps folder, and wen i look around in the xbmc directory i cant find any keymap.xml file..

if the one in this link http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...Box_remote
will prevent the nav button from fast forwarding n rewinding, i could just add it to keymap folder i presume..
but im not sure if that file will do what i need..

im thinking its to diable the apple tv remotes back button..

i need one for the android t-r42
i am using this firmware
Code:
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?8336-T-R42-wasser-firmware

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Way to disable "back" button during video playback?0