Configuring audio hardware settings using JSON?
Hi all,

I have an Acer Revo R3710 connected to a Marantz NR1504 receiver using HDMI and the receiver is connected to my TV using another HDMI. I've configured HDMI passthrough for playing audio using TV speakers when the receiver is off. Also, I have configured XBMC for using all the capabilities of the receiver, but sometimes I prefer not starting the receiver for viewing some stuff like kids Tv shows, and here is where my problem starts. If the content is good enough for be played using the receiver but I don't want to use it, the video is not played fine (stuttering because bad audio configuration), and if I turn the receiver on, the video is played fine.

I need to switch from HDMI 5.1 with all capabilities enabled to HDMI 2.0 and all capabilities disabled depending of AV Receiver status (it is logged on xbmc.log). If the receiver is turned on , the HDMI device name is like "Marantz XXX" and if it is off, its name is like " NVIDIA XXX". Is there any way to configure this using JSON? I did it yesterday using debugging mode but no json command was registered at xbmc log when I switch it to 2.0. Also searched on JSON Api documentation, but no luck...

Any help?

Thanks
NaBz
There's no way to do that for the moment Smile

Now that it seems the settings refactoring is finish we may pray for something to come Smile

Or for someone else to come and open discussions on what should external coders add to JSON part.
I asked about something like this via HDMI CEC in the feature request forum

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167914
Love the audiotoggledigital find Smile

Event if it's not very clean this should fill the tons of requests I have to switch the output from hdmi to optical and vice versa will try this Smile
Unfortunately it doesn't switch between 5.1/2 channels, and 5.1 analog isn't played properly on my TV. Sad
@teeedubb,
do you know if your AVR can be connected to ethernet? Marantz has one ethernet connector, and I'm creating a powershell script (i'm using windows 7) to query the AVR power state and modify the guisettings.xml based in its state. Tonight I'll try it and let you know and, if you want it, I can send it to you.

See you later
Yes please!
Here you are

http://pastebin.com/3qXC6s1G

What I do is before launching XBMC I launch this powershell script from a batch file using :powershell.exe -policyexecution bypass -file path_to_the_ps1_file

This script checks the webpage shown by the AVR. That webpage has a power off image when it is off, and a power on image when is on ( Tongue ). What I do is to check if in the HTML code served by the AVR exists the path to the power off image. In that case, I configure 2.0 and all features off. Otherwise, I configure 5.1 and all features on.

See you!
Thanks again for the idea nabz, I've made a similar script for openelec. Once the avr is pingable xbmc is restarted and the changes take effect and vice versa.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1468716
Teeedubb, my AVR is always pingable. Also when is off (stand by), so perhaps it's better to check its response when you ask it for its state.
My avr (yamaha vx-473) is only pingable when powered on, and I only discovered that it has a web ui after assigning it a static ip. It may have something to do with none of the network features being enabled. Using the ping is working really well so far, but it is slow to make the change, about 10-15 sec.
Yes, the process of closing XBMC, changing XML and running again XMBC takes a while... also in Windows Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configuring audio hardware settings using JSON?0