Android MeLE F10 Pro Remote Control compatible with XBMC on OUYA / Android?
Anyone know if the new MeLE F10-Pro (RF05) Remote Control is compatible with XBMC on OUYA game-console?

MeLE F10-Pro 2.4GHz Wireless 6-in-1 dual-side Remote Control + Air Mouse + QWERTY Keyboard + + Voice Mic + Speaker
http://en.mele.cn/products/show/32.htm

They say it's compatible with Android, Linux, Mac OS X, and Linux, but wondering if works in XBMC with OUYA?

MeLE F10 Pro is now available for $32 (US) on DealExtreme
http://dx.com/p/mele-f10-pro-2-4ghz-wire...mic-225844

or $33 (US) on Aliexpress
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/...51207.html

Any other remote control that works better with XBMC on OUYA? Preferably on with QWERTY keyboard back?
This should answer your question http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...qtl0VgyH54
Hey... That video shows the Mele F10 not the Pro... I have gotten the Mele F10 Pro set up however... And it is MUCH BETTER.
Much better then what? The original F10 remote? If so, what is improved?
(2013-08-09, 13:49)Abrasher Wrote: Hey... That video shows the Mele F10 not the Pro... I have gotten the Mele F10 Pro set up however... And it is MUCH BETTER.
Could you maybe post a guide on xbmc.org wiki or submit keymapping patch for mainline inclusion?
Sorry... to clarify, I am umOuch. That video is me Wink the PRO, esentially lestens the buttons used on thenfront and streamlines the ones that are there. I onky edited 1 item in the Generic.kl for it on my OUYA, and PIVOS Wink OTHERWISE... great option
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
I have been working on mapping the pro version of the f10. I will post the keyboard.xml once I have finished. First impressions..... It's highly responsive and easy to program. If anyone has any questions I can help. Also, the pro works well on the ouya, it works like a keyboard mouse

For anyone taking notes I am using it on ouya, openelec and windows 7
How does the audio connector on the remote work? Does it work with any device?
I just snagged one of these as the d pad on my ouya remote is worthless. I can be pressing up then next thing I know it's going right. Or I can press up once and it jumps up like seven times. Hopefully this will resolve my issue. I look forward to your keymap stantor.
Outside of xbmc I haven't tried the audio stuff, I'm just about to hit a weekend, so I will test it on the windows pc. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the voice recognition stuff was ripped out of the ouya, but being the typical aussie it geek..... I'll give it a crack! Other than that I'll have the xml up tomorrow.
I'm using the Mele F10 since day 0 and it works pretty well. I only had to remap the buttons after 2 or 3 updates ago since the original, untouched keymapping wasn't working anymore.
This is what I inserted in my Generic.kl:

key 61 HOME #Short Press
key 59 HOME ALT #Long Press
key 28 BUTTON_A
key 102 BUTTON_B
key 60 BUTTON_X
key 62 BUTTON_Y
key 377 C

Of course I commented out the same keycodes elsewhere in the file. The really important keys are the A/B/X/Y, the other ones can be assigned to different functions, as per personal preferences. A nice little Android apk that helps you see the codes when you press a button on your pad (or your remote) is KeyTest.
Changing Generic.kl instead of the xml file in XBMC allows you to use the remote with the OUYA instead of only within XBMC, and it is pretty handy that way.
Still working on it, hopefully I'll have it ready today. All keyboard buttons work without modification, directional button, volume, left and right mouse click work as well.
Mine should be here in two weeks or so (dx.com). I am looking forward to your .kl if available your work is much appreciated!
Thanks
Neil
Anyway to submit or push those changes upstream to be accepted into Ouya and/or XBMC mainline for built-in support in future versions?

Ouya needs support for good remotes in XBMC and the Mele F10 should do as a nice start, at least while waiting for native CEC support.

Mele F10 and Mele F10 Pro integration support built-into XBMC mainline will also be nice for other Android hardware than just Ouya too.
Will the mic and audio output on the controller work with skype for android? Whould be nice to my ouya.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MeLE F10 Pro Remote Control compatible with XBMC on OUYA / Android?0