Android MeLE F10 Pro Remote Control compatible with XBMC on OUYA / Android?
Nice work blue, finally have some buttons working. I am however missing the menu context and the power button. Are you planning to also map them? Thanks
Hi,
what do you mean by menu context? If you are talking about the button to the left of the volume down button, it should already work (it is mapped to Ctrl-Shift-Alt-a).
The power button seems to be Infrared only so it cannot be mapped to anything.
(2013-10-31, 10:14)BlueFootball Wrote: Hey guys,
I got my Mele F10 pro yesterday and sucessfully got nearly all Keys to work on Windows (besides the Power Button, which seems to be Infrared only). So the "Smart Assistant", Call, Hangup, Switch Audio, and Menu buttons now work for me.
These buttons are Sending on HID UsagePage 12 Usage 1, which is not caught by anything in the system. Following this Thread i sucessfully created an Autohotkey Script and Compiled .exe which maps these Buttons to Ctrl-Shift-Alt a,b,c,d,e.

I am not at home right now, but i will upload it soon (today). It works like a charm on Windows. I even registered just to tell you that Tongue

I have yet to find out how to do the same on raspbmc/Ubuntu, as Autohotkey is Windows only...I would really appreciate help here, as I don't know much about HID and how to grab events under Linux. Thanks in advance.

Stay tuned...

[Update] Please follow this Thread: CLICK

Thank you very much for this!

Just received my new MELE F10 PRO and was pulling my hair out trying to get all buttons to work!
Now thanks to you, all indeed do work, except 1 small problem:
My Volume buttons on the MELE F10 PRO seem to increase/decrease the volume through the windows volume slider, without XBMC taking notice.

This means that the audio level does indeed increase and decrease when I press them, but the volume slider in XBMC does not show.
However, if I press the +/- buttons on the keyboard, XBMC understands it well and the volume slider (indicator) in XBMC does show up and goes up and down while I press...

Any idea how can I can map the vol up down on the MELE to the +/- buttons so XBMC can understand them?
I guess I need the HID codes for the vol up down of MELE and add them to the cases you have in the AHK file, mapped to ctrl+alt+whatever and make a similar mapping in XBMC keymap to +/- buttons?
Any idea how I can listen to the HID codes of MELE?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I am not quite sure how to change this, as the remote is sending standard messages for vol up/down like any other keyboard with Volume keys. It should not be necessary to catch them on the hid level as they already get recognised as what they are. I was ok with that they change the system volume.
I don't know if the volume keys can be unmapped from the system but if it is possible, you do not need to catch hid events. maybe someone already did this...as it is not a problem specific to the f10 pro.
Thanks BlueFootball,

Can you tell me how you captured the HID events so I can try and see if it works?
Would like to map these code to +/- directly in AHK, so it should work in XBMC as expected..

I tried a few apps, but unable to capture the codes in the format you have in the AHK file.
A couple of apps could not listen to the remote, while one app (USB HID Logger) returns things like "CONSUMER_KEY_349" and "CONSUMER_VOLUME_INCREASE"..
Found it! I just had to change to view RAW INPUT in USB HID Logger!
Got the hex, converted to Decimal, mapped to +/- in AHK (actually just the - for now, as + is an operator in AHK) and the - is recognized in XBMC!
But I have 2 problems now!
1- Now hitting - will lower the volume in XBMC app as well as windows overall volume! And they do not decrease by the same rate!
2- Pressing and holding the - key will continuously decrease windows volume, but will only decrease 1 small step in XBMC. I have to repeatedly press a lot to get the volume down..
If anyone was able to have the Volume buttons correctly functioning in XBMC, please do share!
I've just ordered this and presumed it'd be plug and play. So. i'll have to program it to operate the Android tv box? Groan.... i'm rubbish at that stuff.
Guys does anyone has the config for windows for f10 pro? i braked my balls here but i cannot manage to do it Sad i see this generic.kl but i dont know where to put it.. so far i had managed to alter the keyboard.xml with the plugin that exists in addon inside xbmc addons where you can assign keys... but the volume buttons are both assigned the same button from this plugin so i cannot have volume control.

A help is appreciated
thx.
There's no substitute for experience
Hi everyone, I've manage to get it work pretty much as I want but there is still two thing I'd like to do, but not sure how to/ if it's possible...

I would like to have the blue 'go' button to behave like a keyboard 'enter' button... when i do a search in a browser it doesnt work and i cannont send the search... Is it possible or because it doesn't exist on the ouya controller it cannont be done?

Also, my xbmc freeze some times and the only way to get out of it is to tap twice on the ouya button between the two pads... the button that make you leave any application, not sure what its name... is it possible to rebound it somewhere on the melee f10? If so what is it 'ouya keycode'?

Thanks for any answers!

Edit : well I tried my luck and got the enter to work on the 'GO' button, just change

key 217 ENTER

Now I just need to have the double tap working!
You can now submit suggestions which remote controls that Ouya should support out-of-the-box, just post here to vote for MeLE F10 Pro

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?9682...-supported
Quote:Hey guys and gals,

You'll see a blog post from me later today (ouya.tv/blog) with more details on this, but the short version is we're unable to properly support CEC on the current OUYA (blog post will have the details), so we are looking into better support for various remote controls. There's a whole ton of hardware to test against for that, so I wanted to start by getting a list from y'all. What controllers are you using that you'd want to see us support? I can say we are already working on much better pairing for Bluetooth devices, using the PS3 remote as our base case.

Thanks!
-James, Producer Dude.
I read about this in the official "Jackalope" system update blog post here

https://www.ouya.tv/ouya-system-update-j...eb-4-2014/

And kitsune is an official OUYA representative, so this at least seems legit and shows that Ouya might finally taking an interest in this
I got the Mele F 10 Pro for my Ouya I have replaced the generic.KL file but it does not seem to work the only thing I get is the air mouse. Keypad does nothing. What else can I do? or did I just get a bad remote?
If Flirc is used, do you need to modify the .kl file?

edit: Never mind I see it only controls XBMC
All up and running on my Ouya, thanks for the key mapping code.

Could someone advise which button I use for the 'Y' button on the Ouya controller

Thanks
(2014-03-19, 22:27)siddys Wrote: All up and running on my Ouya, thanks for the key mapping code.

Could someone advise which button I use for the 'Y' button on the Ouya controller

Thanks

Question: I am looking to get one of these or similar. Do you need to use the USB dongle on the Ouya for this remote to work. my USB port is currently being used by a 32gb USB stick for roms and games. I dont want to use a powered hub if I dont have to
Dear all,

I am trying to remap the 'Games', 'Mouse', Remote'-button as well. Bluefootball did a great job at the 'phone', hangup', 'change audio'-buttons, but I would also add the other button.

I am running windows 7 64-bit, so Autohotkey (like Bluefootball used) is preferred..

Thanks
Thieske

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MeLE F10 Pro Remote Control compatible with XBMC on OUYA / Android?0